PDA

View Full Version : MORE kittens! The crap has hit the fans. UPDATED AGAIN

Sevaede
06-08-2006, 08:18 PM
As many of you know, my FIL is the most despicable human being ever to (dis)grace this earth. I feel that I need the collective Pet Talk voice to help me out with a situation.

Remember how Mama Cat brought her three babes up? Well, Rasputin has brought six or seven babies, of her own, up. FIL was b^&$%ing and complaining about how many cats there were. He said, "I wish we had some hawks and owls to kill these cats." I told him that part of responsible pet ownership is making sure they are spayed and neutered. He had the audacity to say, "Well not out here in the woods! Besides, that costs money! Do you have any money?" WE LIVE IN AN INDUSTRIAL AREA. There is a GHETTO on two sides and a very busy HIGHWAY on the others. What kind of moronic crap is he trying to pull? And no s*** taking care of your responsibilities costs money! SO DOES EVERYTHING ELSE.

In any case, I need help. So far, we have three adult cats and somewhere between 8-11 kittens (I am sure that there were a few hiding away from me.). There is one animal welfare organization here in town that does spay neuter vouchers. I can *try* and get the outside cats altered. In the mean time, there are still kittens. As it stands, right now, I am going to email the organizations and humane societies and offer them the kittens because I just do not have the means to do it myself. I am distraught and highly aggravated right now so any advice could help. Thank you so much.

UPDATED: Well, I received a very terse letter from the head of Animal Welfare Inc., let's just hope it is because she is under stress. In any case, it sounded like she was basically accusing me of trying to sap funds from her or something. SO freakin sorry for asking for help to save at *least* ELEVEN cats. I just don't have the means to do it myself (I can probably get the 3 older ones spayed and neutered). I was *JUST* asking. I was very friendly and didn't belittle or anything. I am just DESPERATE to save these kitties. They deserve so much more.

I am going to go out to trap some babies so I can clean their eyes. :(:(:(:(

UPDATED 2: Well, there were some minor misunderstandings between the AWI head and I but it's all sorted out now! I may be able to get low cost vaccinations and some spay neuter vouchers! :D Hoorah!

CultureJunky
06-09-2006, 04:51 AM
To be honest, as your father in law is not going to do anything about spaying the cats, perhaps you could do it yourself. It seems like the only viable option.
If I was in your situation I would save as much money as I could every week and get the three girls neutered, by using vouchers and money of your own.
Then just contact as many animal places as possible to get them to take the kittens. Even if it means taking them in a cardboard box on a bus there.
I'm sure somebody will take them from you.
You need to make a decision of your own and forget FIL cause he's obviously some kind of arse.
It's stressful, but it's more stressful having kittens all the time, and it's not fair for the three cats who keep getting pregnant or the kittens who may not find homes and have to be put to sleep cause there's too many of them.
I think I would take it upon myself, put my foot down and sort it without him.
If he doesn't like it or disapproves it's tough, take no notice, You don't want ot be listening to people like that cause they don't know what they're talking about.
I think you'd be doing a wonderful thing, if you did get them spayed and got an organisation to take the kittens. It's in your hands, and you love cats so if you can do it, then go for it.
I wish you good luck and my thoughts are with you trying to help these cats.

Kate

Miss Z
06-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I agree with CultureJunky. Your FIL sounds like such an idiot, and you know that you are interested in the well-being of the cats. I am glad that you care about them so much and that you aren't taking any notice of what FIL says.

He said, "I wish we had some hawks and owls to kill these cats."

Erm, since when has he seen a hawk or an owl eating a cat :confused:

kb2yjx
06-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Ditto to the above posts!!! Hope you can get them fixed with help from the group! It is good of you to do this for the cats and kittens. St. Francis smiles upon you...

Catty1
06-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Have you tried IMOM.org?

They might well help with this, or know someone who can!

hugs
Catty1

(FIL does not know that spaying and neutering means there will be fewer cats around to torment him?)

catmandu
06-09-2006, 07:32 PM
Owls Will Grab Kittens, I Have Seen That Myself With A Neighbors Kitten.
Some People Are So Money Concious That Nothing Else Matters.
And No Matter How Much They Have,its Never Enough.
They Are Never Happy,and They Will Never See Heaven.
Please Help Those Cats, The Best Way You Can.
Prayers Are Coming For You.

Sevaede
06-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind words and support! I really appreciate it! My stress for these kittens and cats have doubled. Two or three of the babies have their eyes crusted shut and one is a bit... slow. I've also been informed by FIL that, "... if there get to be too many I'll just take my shotgun out there and shoot 'em all.". Ugh. Just ARRTaSDGFJASDKOFJWAE!

No word from one of the organizations. I'll be mailing some more! Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

Craftlady
06-09-2006, 09:28 PM
Getting the adults fixed is the first priority. These adults can turn around and be pregs again real soon, the you will be looking at a hugh nightmare.
Also, check your local human society they always have spay/neuter clinics. They are $35 around here. Check with your vet see if he/she might do a discount plan for you.

Sevaede
06-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Getting the adults fixed is the first priority. These adults can turn around and be pregs again real soon, the you will be looking at a hugh nightmare.
Also, check your local human society they always have spay/neuter clinics. They are $35 around here. Check with your vet see if he/she might do a discount plan for you.

I am hoping I can get my FIL's three oldest to the vet so they can get spayed and neutered. I just need to conjure up the funds, somehow. I am crafty, I shall find a way.

I just checked my local humane society. They were highly unwilling to help.

G535
06-09-2006, 10:13 PM
Personally I think that FIL should be fixed then taken away by a giant hawk or owl and never seen again. :mad:

Unfortunately I'm too far away to be any use but I do hope everything goes well for you.

Catty1
06-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Is IMOM one of the organizations you contacted and are waiting to hear from?

hugs
Catty1

Sevaede
06-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Personally I think that FIL should be fixed then taken away by a giant hawk or owl and never seen again. :mad:

Unfortunately I'm too far away to be any use but I do hope everything goes well for you.

That would be the best idea, ever. In the history of history. Ever.

Thank you. :)

Sevaede
06-10-2006, 12:01 AM
Is IMOM one of the organizations you contacted and are waiting to hear from?

hugs
Catty1

Well, I looked up their web site and read their requirements and I don't think I fulfill them. Maybe I am wrong and somebody can dictate these for me differently?

Hugs
Angelique

CultureJunky
06-10-2006, 04:06 AM
Remember a great way of raising funds is to try and sell things on Ebay!
Might sound a bit silly, but I've sold loads of stuff like old Cd's bits and pieces that were of no use to me anymore. It all adds up.
You may have old books lying around you don't want anymore, it could be anything really. Have a think about it, it could come off.
Best of luck with getting these cats fixed, the sooner the better as in kitten season they can get pregnant virtually straight away as you know.

Craftlady
06-10-2006, 06:13 AM
I just checked my local humane society. They were highly unwilling to help.

I would talk to the director of the society.
I cant imagine them NOT helping out somehow.

momcat
06-10-2006, 04:02 PM
I second that suggestion!!!!!

CultureJunky
06-10-2006, 04:15 PM
That's great news! Well done on trying to sort something out.
Keep us updated, I really hope you're successful with this :)