PDA

View Full Version : Yale New Haven Hospital is keeping me on as a temp

moosmom
06-08-2006, 03:19 PM
I was called into my supervisor's office. I thought, "Oh crap, I'm in trouble." It turns out that the file room clerk is up to her booty in filing and they asked me if I could stay on for a few days, maybe longer. Although I hate filing in the worst way, it is a totally stressless job (no phones to answer, or doctors to answer to). Just straight filing. :D

My response??? Hell yeah!!! I'll go anywhere as long as I can work and collect a paycheck. Who knows?? Maybe by the end of the assignment, another one will pop up.

*doing the happy dance*

Queen of Poop
06-08-2006, 03:21 PM
Ya hoo!!! Good for you!!! :D

king2005
06-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Thats wonderful news!!!

All I can say is I hope you are use to papercuts! lol I had soo many on my poor hands & fear the day I have to do filing again (I do Overtime in the credits dept. as the ladies cannot keep up with filing & archiving their work)

catnapper
06-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Yay Donna!

I wish you luck in finding a permanent assignment there (though I hope its not filing --- how tedious!) Will they let you wear headphones so you at least won't go stir crazy as you file?

moosmom
06-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Catnapper,

Probably not. I get easily distracted and need to focus on what I'm doing (due to age, don't ya know). Besides, the ENT told me no headphones, no ipod, no loud rock concerts. Oh pooh!!!!

davidpizzica
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Sweetheart, {{{{HUGS}}}}! I know filing sounds BORING, but at least you'll get a paycheck out of it. I'm so happy for you!

Cookiebaker
06-08-2006, 09:55 PM
That's the hospital where I was born. :o

Karen
06-08-2006, 10:25 PM
Get yourself some good hand cream, nothing is as drying as paper! And have fun! Congratulations on continued employment.

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2006, 11:26 PM
Hoooray!!! Glad you can get at least a few more days of work! :-)

Sorry I didn't call back when you left me a message, Donna...my phone ended up MIA but I found it now...luckily today because I got a call for a job interview myself. Hopefully this is a sign for both of us! :D

Congrats again!

ramanth
06-09-2006, 08:21 AM
Great news Donna!! :D

Craftlady
06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
Great news. I agree about getting good hand cream, I worked in filing rooms and it doesnt take long to get dry hands for handling lots of paper.

smokey the elder
06-10-2006, 08:23 AM
I'm so glad you have this. Can you tolerate wearing latex or nitrile gloves? Those will protect your hands and keep them from drying out.