PDA

View Full Version : In one week....

catnapper
06-08-2006, 12:58 PM
There's a high chance of there being a baby in this household!!!!

Woohoo woohoo!

Ash had her doctor's appointment this morning and is now 2cm dilated and the doctor said everything looks great. She was thrilled with how well Ashley looks and how things are progressing. Ash has started mild contractions a few days ago. She had some strong ones the other night at dinner, and even had a contraction as she sat on the exam table.

The doctor said the baby could be here as soon as this weekend ( :eek: ) and wants to see her again Monday morning for another appointment.

Ha - they tell the mom to breathe..... what about the GRANDMA? Breathe Kim, BREATHE!

Wheeeeee.......... we're at the final countdown for sure!!!!!!

Cataholic
06-08-2006, 12:59 PM
OMG! OMG! The baby will be born THIS WEEKEND!!!! :D

catnapper
06-08-2006, 01:03 PM
OMG! OMG! The baby will be born THIS WEEKEND!!!! :D
Not this weekend! I have a puppy class beginning Saturday... hmmmm... I suppose I should call and tell them class might be postponed one week pending the baby's arrival! :p

I forgot to also mention that we had an appointment for next Friday and the doctor insisted we move it up to early next week, so we re-scheduled it for Tuesday. Then the doctor told the receptionist to make it MONDAY. I guess it IS pretty imminent if she's making us move the appontment to early next week, then claim tuesday not soon enough :eek:

Anita Cholaine
06-08-2006, 01:19 PM
OMG, how exciting!! :D

Donnaj4962
06-08-2006, 02:05 PM
Ooooohhhhhh.... I got chills up my spine as I read this! :eek: :eek: :eek:

To think, that you could be a grandma as early as this weekend! WOW! :D

Has Ashley taken child birth classes? Will you get to be there with her while she is in labor?

Woohooo... another PT baby!

My Peanuts
06-08-2006, 02:51 PM
I can't wait for the good news!

Everyday when I come on PT I go straight to General to see if there has been an announcement :D

moosmom
06-08-2006, 03:00 PM
YAHOO!!!!! Talk about mailing out the afghan in the nick of time!!!

dab_20
06-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Wow How exciting!! Can't wait for the wonderful news!

Logan
06-08-2006, 03:56 PM
That's neat, Kim. I hope your stepdaughter will do fine with the delivery. My brother and his wife are expecting, too, and if that little boy doesn't make an appearance by Sunday, her labor will be induced on Monday morning. I'm delighted about my new nephew.

Keep us posted!
Logan

jenluckenbach
06-08-2006, 04:04 PM
BREATHE KIM, BREATHE!!!!!!!!!

If Ashley would be so kind as to have this baby Sunday, I'll be pacing in the waitng room right along with Grandpa!!!!!!! ;)

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 04:18 PM
How exciting!!!!

Is Ashley in that "just get him/her out of me" stage yet?

petslover
06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Oh my goodness!!! How exciting.

I hope Ashley a very fine delivery.

Good Luck with it all!!

k9krazee
06-08-2006, 08:10 PM
How exciting!!!!! :D

prechrswife
06-08-2006, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to hear the big announcement! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-10-2006, 02:27 PM
*squeels*
Ooooh! How exciting!

lute
06-10-2006, 02:40 PM
how exciting!!! :D

K9karen
06-11-2006, 12:07 AM
NANA KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corinna
06-11-2006, 12:21 AM
Whaooo Clarissa Hasn't dialated at all but huge we are hoping for a weekend birth. now she needs to wait until the due date of the 18th. we have our disabilted fishing day.

catnapper
06-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Things are happening!

We had another dr. appointment this morning. She's only a half centimeter more dilated than Thursday but everything else is in perfect shape. The doctor actually started a little "natural" induction - she slightly stripped the membranes. As soon as I got home, I ran to the computer and checked to see if that was the right choice and most websites say its good as long as everything else is in order. Also, most websites state that depending on how much stripping hte doctor did, we could expect a baby within 48 hours! :D :D

I don't think the dr. did a whole lot of stripping because she wanted to see Ash again on wednesday to do do more stripping but Ashley said no. Why did she say no? Was it because its a painful procedure (which it is). Nope, she said it was uncomfortable but not overly so. She said no because there is a MAJOR event at her work this saturday and she doesn't want to let them down by having the baby before then :D :rolleyes: :p The doctor laughed out loud about that one and said she highly doubts she'd be working saturday!

Lobodeb
06-12-2006, 11:30 AM
How exciting for you!!!!

My doctor wanted to strip my membranes, but couldn't because she couldn't reach. I never dialated!

Good luck, Ashley!! We're rooting for ya!

Kim, how about one last belly pic so we can take one last guess as to whether it's a boy or girl.

Also, did you decide or post the names? I might have missed it.

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-12-2006, 11:35 AM
GOOD GRIEF!!

Everyone is having their baby before me.... :p

At my last appointment (37 weeks) my doc didn't even check to see if I had dialated... She is this wednesday though (38 weeks)...

I really am not expecting much though.. I don't think i've been having any contractions.. :(

OH WELL... Good luck Ashley!! I hope you have a speedy delivery...
i absolutely can not wait to hear if it is a boy or girl!!! :D

catnapper
06-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh Debbie - you're so right! One last photo!

I took this photo this morning right before we left for the dr. appt.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/37weeks.jpg
She still looks rather high to me, but I've had major trouble "seeing" the low/high thing all along. The doctor says everything is getting ready for the big day. Oh, and the past week has been somewhat challenging for Ash because her belly kept getting in the way of everything! :D

Names:
Girl: Madison
Boy: Connor or Cameron (Julie must be loving this one since her cat is Connor and her son is Cameron! LOL)

and I FINALLY realized why I hate the name Madison so much - my best friend in high school's last name was Madison. She turned majorly psycho in college. Amazing how a bad experience with someone with a particular name can totally ruin your like of the name later in life! ;)

moosmom
06-12-2006, 11:54 AM
I like the names she picked out including Madison! (sorry Kim). Can't wait to see the little bugger. Did the package come yet???

gemini9961
06-12-2006, 11:55 AM
Can't wait :D :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-12-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh Debbie - you're so right! One last photo!
Oh, and the past week has been somewhat challenging for Ash because her belly kept getting in the way of everything! :D

hmmmm i would guess that she is carring it high... but she is so small :eek: or im so HUGE!!

She looks good though.. !!

Lobodeb
06-12-2006, 12:21 PM
I say it's a boy. Her belly hasn't fallen yet, though, so I say he'll be born on Saturday.

jenluckenbach
06-12-2006, 12:23 PM
THINK GIRL !! THINK GIRL !! THINK GIRL !!!

Looks like my guess of June 20th might be too late. ;)

(btw: More places could use a responsible employee like Ashley ;) )

catnapper
06-12-2006, 12:24 PM
Did the package come yet???
No :(

I've been waiting for the mail every day for the past week, and nothing yet. Lets hope it comes today.

Sara, she's big for her -- she's only 5'2" (or something like that) and has a looong torso. Lotsa room for the little one ot stretch out in.

Corinna
06-12-2006, 10:29 PM
Clarissa is twice that size still no progress here but her dumb hubby suddenly realized Sunday is her due date. Duh Hello get with the program.
She dropped about 3 weeks ago .