PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts for Tanner please...

emily_the_spoiled
06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Okay, one of my little guys has been having problems with chronic diarrhea for about the last 6 weeks. We have gone through 20 days of metronidazole (which was not fun :rolleyes: ). But in the last couple of days he has been having a different problem (in addition to the diarrhea). He has not been able to eat much of anything because he has been gagging so badly. Yesterday he had a gastroscopy, to check for IBD and to make sure there was nothing stuck in his throat. Well that all turned out okay (but he did NOT like going under). Unfortunately things have gotten worse and his jaw is now making a noise, similar to a human cracking their joints. I have made another appointment for him tomorrow to have an x-ray, but this means that he will be going under again.

I am really worried because he hasn't been able to eat for 3 days now and he had already lost weight from the diarrhea. Please keep us in your thoughts tomorrow...

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Oh no! Prayers and good vibes on the way.

Donnaj4962
06-08-2006, 11:55 AM
Oh my.... poor little Tanner... and YOU! I am sending lots of prayers your way from Indiana. Hope they find the problem soon and Tanner is soon on the way to complete recovery.

rg_girlca
06-08-2006, 04:16 PM
Oh poor Tanner and poor you. I can only imagine how worried you must be.

Prayers and positive thoughts on the way that they are able to find out what is going on with your Tanner and that they will be able to get him back to good health.

catmandu
06-08-2006, 06:14 PM
The Pet Angel Vet Visitors are going to see Tanner, to keep him company
as they know how depressing being in a cage, all by yourself with strange Pets around, can be.
We are praying hard for your Tanner.

jenluckenbach
06-08-2006, 06:21 PM
Many prayers for Tanner. I hope that the cause of his problems are soon found.

emily_the_spoiled
06-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Thank you everyone. I am worried about him and running out of ideas of how to figure out what the problem is. I hope that this will help us (although it will mean that we get another "bad kitty" sticker :rolleyes: )

jenluckenbach
06-08-2006, 08:16 PM
TANNER! I better not hear that you were naw-tee at the vet tomorrow ! *shakes finger* You just behave yourself and let them figure out how to help you. OK???

AbbyMom
06-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way or Tanner!

DJFyrewolf36
06-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Prayers on the way!

emily_the_spoiled
06-09-2006, 08:03 AM
You know I will never understand how a cat thinks. He FINALLY started to last night at midnight (I was still up and fed him some wet food). After 3 days of not eating anything and looking like he was struggling, he put me out of my torment and ate something :rolleyes:

I decided to hold off on the x-ray until next week. He has already been sedated once this week and I didn't want to put him under again unless necessary. But thank you for your thoughts...

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2006, 10:55 AM
You know I will never understand how a cat thinks.
You must have been putting out those "you're going to the vet tomorrow if you don't eat, cat." vibes. ;)

Sorry to hear Tanner is having problems, but glad to hear he finally decided it's time to eat, and I sure hope he continues! :)