PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know...

moosmom
06-08-2006, 10:15 AM
if a black light will illuminate dog pee?? I suggested it to a customer that comes into our store and she said it didn't work. I know it works on cat urine but wasn't sure about dogs.

caseysmom
06-08-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't know about that but I would think it would work the same but maybe not.

finn's mom
06-08-2006, 10:18 AM
I'm not sure what it is that makes black light work, but, there could be something in cat urine that isn't in dog urine. (??) But, maybe she was just not doing it correctly or something, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone in here has tried it before, though, and, can shed some light on this. No pun intended. ;)

shihtzulover850
06-08-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm not sure what it is that makes black light work, but, there could be something in cat urine that isn't in dog urine. (??) But, maybe she was just not doing it correctly or something, I'm not sure. I'm sure someone in here has tried it before, though, and, can shed some light on this. No pun intended. ;)
yeah I agree. I think I heard somewhere that it does but I am not to sure....

ashleycat
06-08-2006, 10:34 AM
If it doesn't then Charlie has some weird pee. lol. It's not as bright as cat pee, but you can still see it.

moosmom
06-08-2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone! She said that it didn't work with her dog's pee. I recommended Nok-Out to get out the smell out and she said it worked like a charm!

lv4dogs
06-08-2006, 01:18 PM
Hmmm... I could of sworn it worked for dog pee. I do know that JenBKR (Roscoe's mom) tried it & if I remember right it worked for her. She bought a cheap one from walmart or the like.

.sarah
06-08-2006, 03:13 PM
When my grandparents were coming over last year Nova was a puppy and still being potty trained and it stunk like pee in our house so I went out and bought a blacklight and saw lots of pee stains. There has never been a cat inside our house, so it does work on dog pee! :)