PDA

View Full Version : Tyler's surgery- not for the squeamish

Sirrahsim
06-08-2006, 05:16 AM
I don't think that I ever mentioned this on here, but Tyler was in need of surgery on his little boy parts. It was nothing serious, but up until yesterday he was uncircumcized in case the extra skin was needed. The surgery ended up being a circumcison and a mild reconstruction of the opening to his urethra.
Anyway, we had to drive about 3 hours to another military base which has a urologist and we spent the past two nights there. Tyler was a very brave little boy and had a lot of fun playing in the hours leading up to the surgery. The surgery itself lasted about 1 hour and 35 minutes and everything went well. He was understandably upset after the surgery, but with a little TLC and a lot of drugs :D he was almost good as new.
He's very very sore and very very swollen, but the doc said that the worst should be over within a few days. Diaper change time is a nightmare, but as long as his diaper is on he acts like his old self :)
The doc said that it should heal up just fine and that Tyler should look just like all of the other boys in the locker room :)

Adorable pictures in my next thread :)

moosmom
06-08-2006, 07:36 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/sirrahsim/DSC04307.jpg

The doctor must've given him some GREAT pain meds cuz he does NOT look like he's in ANY pain. Maybe a little "high" but definitely feeling no pain!! :p

Far out, man!!

Sirrahsim
06-08-2006, 07:38 AM
*giggle* :D :D

Samantha Puppy
06-08-2006, 07:54 AM
Glad the surgery went well... I remember how sore Aidan's looked after his was first done, but it really does only last about a week!

And Tyler may not be happy now, but at least he won't remember it. My father's was botched at birth so he had to have his "redone" at age 8. He remembers everything about it. :eek:

Cataholic
06-08-2006, 08:27 AM
WAH! Poor little Tyler, and his little boy bits. :( May he recover quickly, and thank GOD this is behind you all.

ramanth
06-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Glad his surgery went well!! I hope he heals quickly. :)

I imagine all the boys of Pet Talk are crossing their legs now. ;) :p

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 10:17 AM
Hugito was circumsized after he was born, but the doc didn't cut enough, so it needs to be done again. :rolleyes: :mad:

His pediatrician wants to wait until he's a year old to do it again. Joy.

I'm glad Tyler made it through, though!

sirrahbed
06-08-2006, 10:33 AM
So glad that this is now behind!! HUGS to you all :)

*LabLoverKEB*
06-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Ohhh! I'm so glad to hear that everything went A-OK! ;) :)
The locker room comment had me lol!

trayi52
06-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Glad to hear Tyler is doing so well. Give him a big hug for me.

Willie :)