PDA

View Full Version : My new Beau! pics....

Glacier
06-07-2006, 11:05 PM
I picked Beau up tonight. One of the shelter staff decided to pay for his vet appointment rather than waiting for the next vet visit to the shelter. That wouldn't be til Tuesday and they didn't want the old boy there for that long!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/meeting.jpg
This was taken this afternoon when I first met him. He loves head scritches.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/shelterpic.jpg
When I put him back in his cage--this face just about broke my heart. He did not want to go back in there!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/nipbrain.jpg
He is a niphead! He was very happy to get some fresh nip!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/what.jpg
Indulging in some nip.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/together.jpg
A self-portrait! Ignore my hair please, I forgot I had my sunglasses on my head! Beau likes to be held. He's full of big purrs and headbonks!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Cats%202006/Beau/profile.jpg
Handsome boy, looking out the window. Don't ya just love those whiskers?? :D

Beau seems to be a pretty laid back boy. He actually slept all the way home. I've never had a cat take a nap in their carrier before! The vet estimates he's 13 at least. They a basic urine test today and it appears he has early stage kidney failure. I'll take him in soon for blood tests to get a more accurate picture. He is supposed to eat low kidney food as much as possible. He wolfed down some of the canned formula. He's used a scratching post and the litter box. He's even played a little bit--I think that was the nip! He needs his nails trimmed desperately! I'll be doing that later tonight!

I think he's going to fit in just fine! The other cats aren't even hanging around outside the door to this room! He's stolen my heart already!

Cinder & Smoke
06-07-2006, 11:22 PM
Old Dawgs, Old Kats ... they kinda grow on ya!

THANKS to You and Stuart for giving Beau his FurrEver Home!

:)

Catty1
06-07-2006, 11:25 PM
OH I AM IN LOVE!

Those whiskers! WHAT a SWEETHEART!

I am SO glad he is with you! He might have many many years left. What a face!

Welcome, Beau!

hugs
Catty1

G535
06-08-2006, 12:35 AM
He looks so much like my Finnigan, the same age too (13). :)

captain
06-08-2006, 12:56 AM
Oh Tamara,
He is just beautiful ........... thanks for the pics ... :D

CultureJunky
06-08-2006, 03:21 AM
Oh Beau you are just gorgeous, what a wondeful, cutey, old geezer you are!
I wish I could love you and cuddle you too, you're so lucky to have found a home that will give you love in your older years, and i hope you enjoy every minute of it! Good luck at the vets too old chap, when you go for your blood tests. I'm sure you'll be fine and live a long happy life with your new meowmie!
I'm blowing you kisses see if you can catch them with your paws! :D

orangemm
06-08-2006, 04:21 AM
Looking at that face and those eyes, he seems to be saying "thank you for taking me in. I promise to be a good boy and I will love you unconditionally".

What a sweetheart! I wonder what his story is....

He's in the best place he could be!!

Welcome Beau!!!!! :) :) :)

Killearn Kitties
06-08-2006, 04:55 AM
Oh he is GORGEOUS! How could you possibly have left him behind? Those stripes! Those whiskers! That beautiful face. He is absolutely adorable. I'm so glad you took him home. :D

jenluckenbach
06-08-2006, 05:08 AM
Who could have left that beautifulk boy behind? :confused: :( :confused: :(

I am so glad you adopted this sweetie.

Sonia59
06-08-2006, 06:12 AM
I am in love too! That face, and that look! It's amazing how he is "talking" to you and say that he loves you already! For sure he has found his furrever home and he likes it very much! :)
This thread makes my day ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2006, 06:31 AM
LOOK AT THOSE WISKERS!!!!

WOW... I really would love to come by your house and steal him!!! He is too ADORABLE.. Bless you for adopting him... he is STUNNING!!

Can't wait to se MORE and MORE pictures of Beau!!!!

NKBurlington
06-08-2006, 06:36 AM
I love those wiskers!

He looks like he might have some Rex in him. His fur look Rex-like, for lack of a better term.

catlover4ever
06-08-2006, 07:23 AM
What a handsome baby. Beau you have stolen our hearts as well.

Queen of Poop
06-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Those whiskers are unbelievable, amazing. Beau, you've gone to heaven on earth. With all the loving your going to get I believe you'll be with us for a very long time to come. Enjoy your new home - it doesn't get any better than this. :D

catmandu
06-08-2006, 08:53 AM
If you would like , The Found Ctas all want to send Beau a welcome too Cat General Animal Welfare Mouse.
Could you please PM us your address.
What a handsome Cat, and you could never had left that Fantastic Cat to be PTS.
God Bless you for helping Beau.
Theres a big gold star beside your name at The Rainbow Bridge.

kuhio98
06-08-2006, 09:22 AM
LES here. That face! Begging for love. How could anyone refuse it? Many happy and healthy years to you guys. I'm sure Beau will find his niche with the kitties -- and doggies too.

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Can he get any more handsome?? You know how to pick 'em Tamera!

I just love those whiskers!

jazzcat
06-08-2006, 09:40 AM
What a sweet face! He's a lucky boy that you and Stuart are there.

Congrats to you all!

RedHedd
06-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Welcome to Pet Talk beautiful Beau. Those whiskers! :) Gotta love 'em. I hope his kidney condition is controllable and that he lives a long life with you in his new home. Congratulations.

Glacier
06-08-2006, 10:55 AM
I hope his kidney condition is controllable and that he lives a long life with you in his new home.

Thanks everyone. Beau is settling in nicely. He's met the others without too much fuss. I never do introductions the way the experts say you should. I tend to just throw the newbies in and let them work it out. Onyx was the only cat who really seemed interested in Beau. There was a bit of growling, but that's it. Beau is quite protective of his food and growls while he eats! I gave him some more of the low protein stuff this morning. I'd always heard that cats don't like that stuff, but he wolfs it down. He let me trim his nails last night without giving me any new scars! He was very good about it! He discovered the cat run this morning. When I left for work he was outside enjoying a sunbeam! :)

I think his kidney problems are minor. I actually suspect that he was dehydrated yesterday. He did eat or drink well in the shelter. I got a copy of the invoice from the vet and they gave him some sub-q fluids yesterday. Once he's settled in and has been drinking/eating well for a couple weeks, I'll take him back in for blood tests. They just did a urine gravity test yesterday.

More pictures soon, I'm sure!

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 11:53 AM
Bless you Big Heart for taking care of this older cat.

and, thank-you for sharing those pictures with us. I salute you for bringing Beau home with you. While looking at his photo's, I have to admit I would have done the same thing you did.

He is so lucky to have you now!!!! Keep posting stories about Beau, okay?

rg_girlca
06-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Oh I had LES looking at those precious pictures of Beau as he reminds me of my RB Katie girl.

You are an Angel Tamara for taking in this loveable boy. I'm glad to hear that the intros went fairly well and that his kidney problems could be minor.

Welcome Beau, to the best home any senior kitty could ever have. :)

AbbyMom
06-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Oh, Beau! What a handsome and lucky boy you are.

Give him a "welcome to your new home" kiss for me. :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-09-2006, 10:59 AM
What a handsome guy, Beau is! It's so good to hear he's settling in so nicely, after all, what's one more? ;) I love that he was enjoying a sunbeam. Tubby so loved his sunbeams and I love when older kitties seek out sunbeams to warm their old bones - always reminds me of Tubby. :)

Welcome home, Beau! :D

Vermontcat
06-09-2006, 12:34 PM
What a distinguished older gentleman Beau is! :)
I love his whiskers.
I see he has eye freckles like my Samantha, that is a sign of his age but it won't affect his vision.
Congratulations on the new addition to your family.
I look forward to seeing more photos of him with your other kitties. :)

Pembroke_Corgi
06-09-2006, 08:49 PM
He's beautiful! He seems like a big sweetheart. Congrats on bringing him home!