PDA

View Full Version : Oh No! Abby has to go to the vetinarian :(

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-07-2006, 03:27 PM
My precious baby girl has an appointment tomorrow morning to see the doctor :( For the last 2 days she has been in her litterbox VERY Frequently to pee. And when she goes it is just a little drop ,or sometimes the size that a small kitten would do. She has many little tiny "pee balls" (as we call them) in the box and she normally does really large size "pee balls" only a few times daily. She is acting very normal in all other ways. She does not seem to be in any discomfort or pain when she goes to the box either. Could this be a urinary tract infection, or a bladder infection?? any PT's have this happen to their kitties? I am SO VERY worried about her as she is like the second child I never had (I have 1 real son :) ) and she means the world to me :)

any ideas or suggestons??

catmandu
06-07-2006, 03:29 PM
The Good News Is That These Utis Are Not Serious. Usually.
We Are Praying That With Some Meds And A New Diet, Abby Will Be Back To Normal Very Soon.

jazzcat
06-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Sounds like a bladder infection may be the problem. Good thing you are taking her in. Antibiotics should clear her up quickly if it's an infection.

Keep us posted.

Glacier
06-07-2006, 03:40 PM
Sounds exactly like Ivy's symptoms a few weeks ago. She had a urinary tract infection. A week of anti-biotics cleared it right up. You might want to ask your vet(assuming that is the problem) about a couple days worth of anti-inflammatories too. Ivy took Metacam for 3 days. Her urinary tract was inflammed so it hurt to pee, even when she did have a full bladder. The Metacam made her much more comfy and now she doesn't associate the litter box with pain.

Hope Abby will be all healthy again soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Yep, sounds like a UTI to me. I'm sure she'll get some antibiotics and her pee balls will be back to normal in no time! :)

rg_girlca
06-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh beautiful Abby, I'm sure the vet will give you medication that will fix you up in no time and that will take the worries away from your meowmie.

I agree with the others that it sounds like an UTI.

Hope you feel better soon sweetie and ((((((HUGS)))))) for your worried meowmie.

CultureJunky
06-08-2006, 03:12 AM
Abby, you will soon be better, after a course of anti-biotics (which may be annoying but well worth it!).
Sunny had the same thing and a course for a week cleared her up.
She hasn't had any problems since (fingers crossed)

jenluckenbach
06-08-2006, 05:12 AM
YUP, sounds like a UTI and some antibiotics should do the trick. Good luck at the vet. Keep us posted.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-08-2006, 08:11 AM
we are getting ready to leave for the vetinarian in a few minutes :( I will post as soon as I can . Thanks for the well wishes for my baby :) it means a lot :)

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 08:33 AM
Please let us know how Abby comes out. My sister has an older Siamese/mix cat who has the same problem.

Randi
06-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I agree that it does sound like a UTI. Hope she'll get the medicine she needs and be all better very soon.

One thing to remember is: Ask your vet about diet food for her. Getting the wrong food is often the reason that kitties get UTI's in the first place, although stress can also tricker it.

Good luch with her! :)

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Sammy had something like that happen to him some years back, but when he did pee, it stunk something aweful. The vet wanted to put a catheter in him to get a urine sample, but Sammy just peed in the vet's sink. Smart boy.

I hope all goes well for Abby. Please update us when you can!

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-08-2006, 11:16 AM
we are home now!! Abby IS now being treated for a UTI, just as suspected :( she got her first anti-biotic pill from the doctor and she has to take 1 pill (such fun....NOT!) a day for 10 days,then we go back in two weeks with a urine sample to be checked to make sure she is well. Thanks again for all the kind thoughts :)

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Did your Vet mention anything about Abby's diet? My sister has 3 cats , two of which are 10 years old and counting, one that is only 3 years old. The two older cats are always having these symtoms.

Just yesterday she told me that she had to take her Siamese/mix cat, named Ollie, back to the Vet again for this very same problem.

She used to feed them "Fancy Feast" which proved to be too rich. they are indoor cats as well. Ollie constantly wants to go outside to eat grass, then pewks it up when he comes back in. Giving him medicine is so hard to do. She has to put him into a back pack just to get the pill into his mouth. he is a clever cat. He will spit it out somewhere when she lets him out of the back pack.

I'm trying to get her to register on Pet of the Day now.

Let me know how Abby comes out, because this sounds like the same thing with my sister's cat.

Donnaj4962
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Oh I am so glad the vet was able to find the problem and Abby is now being treated. Good luck with the pills! I know how much our furbabies love getting them!

rg_girlca
06-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Dear Abby, please take your medication like a good girl and you will feel better so much sooner.

I'm sorry to hear that Abby has this, but oh so glad that it wasn't anything more serious.