PDA

View Full Version : The Hubby's going out of town for work again

pitc9
06-07-2006, 01:14 PM
Some of you may remember last year my hubby worked in Las Vegas for 5 months. Well... he got a call yesterday to go out to work in Wheeling, WV. It's only about 3 hours from home so that's not bad at all!!
The bad thing..... Just Monday he started ripping out my kitchen. All I have right now is a sink, no cabinets... no counter... nothing!!
He was up until 2:30 last night doing all he could, and then tomorrow he and a friend are going to do their best to get things close to being back to normal.
Ugh.... All of the contents of my kitchen are spread out in the house from the living room to the spare room to the garage.
The pups don't have a clue as to what in the world is going on!
He'll be coming home on Saturday nights, but with the cost of gas I don't know how long that's going to last!
So.... guess once he leaves and I get my house back to "normal" I'll be on PT more often! :D

finn's mom
06-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow, talk about unfortunate timing! I hope they are able to get your kitchen back to at least a semblance of normalcy! That kind of distance would be hard, but, I'm sure Pet Talk and the people on it will help to pass the time!

Karen
06-07-2006, 02:08 PM
How long is this one? Another 5-month thing? What's his field?

Too bad about the kitchen being torn apart - at least you've got running water! Poor confuzzled pups!

pitc9
06-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Karen - He's an electrician.
This job is a new power plant, so it will last for a year, but as soon as work breaks in our area he'll be able to come home. From the looks of it he'll be home in Sept or Oct.
I took yesterday off of work and we installed most of the cabinets, I don't have a counter top and won't have one for a few months, but we used the section of the old counter to jerry rig a sink in so I have one!!