PDA

View Full Version : Tucker (1 photo)

catlover4ever
06-07-2006, 11:08 AM
It's so hard to get a half way decent picture of the old girl but I think I finally did. Last night she was outside supervising Mark and I while we did some yard work. After a few minutes she decided to rest and this is the picture that I got.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a186/catlover4ever/Kitty%20Photos/IMG_3890.jpg

My old, graceful lady. Twenty three years old and still beautiful. :)

lldaniels21
06-07-2006, 11:21 AM
My! I can't believe she is that old! She's precious. :)

moosmom
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
23 years old??? :eek: Wow!! What a beautiful senior cat you have, Megan.

elizabethann
06-07-2006, 11:40 AM
What a cute picture.

CultureJunky
06-07-2006, 12:31 PM
23 years old, that means I was four when she was born!
Wow, I thought my mums cat was old at 16, that's just great. It goes to show that if you take care of an animal and give them love and make them feel special they'll live a long and happy life. (with the exception of unforseable circumstances of course such as illnesses)

Donnaj4962
06-07-2006, 12:47 PM
WOW! 23 years old! Tucker is adorable, and I love the photo. Kitties are such good outdoor helpers, aren't they?

She has had lots of great care, obviously, to be her age and look as great as she does!

Thanks for sharing the photo.

catlover4ever
06-07-2006, 12:52 PM
A little history on Tucker. I have not had her for her 23 years. She was someone else's cat and she came to be my baby back in 95 when she was found hiding in my front bushes on a cold winter night.

The first night I saw her I took a large box and lined it with heavy blankets and put it out in my bushes hoping that she would be smart enough to stay in the box...and sure enough she did. Tucker stayed with us until Christmas day when I saw here walk down the driveway and across the street.....not to be seen again until the end of April, she took off for 4 months. After her short departure she decided that our place was a good place to stay and she never wandered off after that. I took her to my vet and he was the one that felt that she was a ripe old age back in 95/96.....my vet only expected her to be with us for 5 years or so.....obviously she has lived past his projection.

Tuck is now almost completely deaf, has very limited sight, and a chronic, smelly sneeze.....but she is like a Timex watch....takes a licking and keeps on ticking. That our Tucker. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Why hello, Tucker, it's SO good to see you! It's good to see that you're still keeping everybody in line, even if you are getting up there in years. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a tough old broad ( :eek: ) that's been around the block a few times and needs to keep all the young 'uns in order, and they know enough to listen or they'll get their butt whooped! ;) :D

catlover4ever
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way, but you look like a tough old broad ( :eek: ) that's been around the block a few times and needs to keep all the young 'uns in order, and they know enough to listen or they'll get their butt whooped! ;) :D

Debbie, none taken....we actually call her Oscar...as in Oscar the Grouch. She is a tough old broad and no one messes with her....not even me sometimes. ;)

catmandu
06-07-2006, 03:22 PM
The Found Cats Are Purring Up A Storm For Dear Tucker!
They Know That She Cannot Hear But They Hope That She Can Feel The Vibrations Of Love.
What A Wonderful Story Of Love.

jazzcat
06-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Tucker is such a regal gal.

Sounds like Timex is a great nickname for her.

aki
06-07-2006, 03:28 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww! I love her! *squish*

~Aki :D

AbbyMom
06-07-2006, 09:05 PM
She's so wonderful!

rg_girlca
06-07-2006, 09:23 PM
Tucker, what a lovely senior girl you are. Wow, 23 years old. How great is that!

I enjoyed reading about you and I'm glad that you decided to pick the right person to love and care for you all these years. :)

Killearn Kitties
06-08-2006, 05:44 AM
Good girl, Tucker. You have done a great job of supervision, and deserve a rest. Did you take lessons in supervision from Fister and Eddie? Oh wait, they probably took lesson from you! I'll bet you taught them all they know. ;)

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-08-2006, 06:24 AM
AWWW
Tucker you are so precious!! What a beautiful picture of you!

trayi52
06-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Wow! She is 23 years old! I hope my babies live to be that old, and stay healthy! She is a miracle, and she does look like a tough lady for the rest of the cat family to deal with, LOL! She has to be the boss of them all.

Willie :)

Lobodeb
06-08-2006, 09:56 AM
23 years old??? :eek: Wow!! What a beautiful senior cat you have, Megan.

Ditto!!!

Russian Blue
06-08-2006, 10:05 AM
Aww..that reminds me of my family's cat Kissa who lived to the age of 23. It's so good to see you Tucker and at your age you're allowed to be a little grouchy. You've earned it! ;)

I wish she could talk....imagine all the stories she could tell.

sandragonfly
06-21-2006, 05:08 PM
hi. :) I was looking back at all of your lovely cats and had to come up with this one..

WOW, she was born a little while before me! :eek: now I don't feel old. :D really a pretty cat.

I remember when I worked as vet tech, we had one 28 year old cat, (MoMo, I think) came in just for annunal check up! gosh. her owner was extremely nice and caring, so must be you too. :)

give gentle sandpaperkisses from my ark and hugs from me, also. I hope she has been enjoying her new kitty (beautiful) garden - thanks for sharing!