PDA

View Full Version : Casey fell in the pool!

caseysmom
06-07-2006, 09:22 AM
Every evening after dinner I let the dogs out in the back to potty. I usually go out with them but not always. I opened the door after a few minutes and casey was at the door soaking wet. She must have fallen in the pool. She hates to swim. She leans over to get a drink out of the pool she may have lost her balance or something.

I have taken her in the pool just to show her the way to get out and her eyes roll in the back of her head, she hates the pool.

I guess I can't let them out their unsupervised I would die if one of my babies drowned. Either that or I can close off the fence around the pool.

shihtzulover850
06-07-2006, 09:24 AM
hahaha!!! You silly girl casey!!!! :D

finn's mom
06-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Wow, that's quite a scare! At least you'd shown her the way out!

Kfamr
06-07-2006, 09:48 AM
Poor girl! I don't think any of mine have ever fell in the pool. Simba & Nala always drink from it. Nala looks like a giraffe when she does (she spreads her front legs apart) Simba just steps in the first step and gets a drink.

Kiara, on the other hand, I can take my eyes off of her for two seconds or else I'll have a soaking wet dog who's looking to go in again. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing Casey knew where the steps were, though!

caseysmom
06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Yeah Casey is definitely no Kiara! She HATES to go in the pool, I force her a couple of times a year for a refresher course. She may have been walking around by the high part around some bushes also, in that case she had a ways to swim, poor baby she seemed freaked out when she came in.

elizabethann
06-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Poor Casey. I'm glad she'd okay.

Ginger's Mom
06-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Aww, poor Casey girl. I can just imagine her little face, I bet she was not a happy pup. (Did Bubba push you in, sweetie?).

caseysmom
06-07-2006, 12:00 PM
Yeah I kind of wondered what little brother was doing through the whole ordeal. He also hates the pool, if I am in the pool he won't come see me by the side of the pool, he's afraid I'll take him in.

Alysser
06-07-2006, 03:07 PM
That's what we did right when the pool opened! We are ALWAYS outside supervising if Sassy is out but it's for a "just in case" situtation. Sassy doesn't go outside(she goes on a wee-wee pad) but she loves going outside in the summer so we taught her. Like your babies, she HATES the pool. If she falls in she goes straight to the steps. I'm so glad Casey is ok. Poor girl! :( Lucky you taught her where the steps were.