PDA

View Full Version : What are the breed(s) of these cats? EDITED

Sevaede
06-07-2006, 03:07 AM
I have a friend with two kitties; Angel and Absinth. She has no idea what their breed(s) are and would like to find out, possibly. Maybe you could give some suggestions? Pics attached!

The black one is Angel (female) and the black/white one is Absinth (male).

Edited to include information: She got these kittens from a lady who didn't want them and was going to put the other down if she didn't take both. Di has had these kitties since they were about ten weeks old and their faces have changed a lot. I mean, they just had the most odd and exotic looking heads but they looked asian. My husband said their heads looked like they were apple shaped, to him.

Crazy-Cat-Lover
06-07-2006, 03:28 AM
Domestic shorthair and Domestic Medium hair. The worlds BEST breed of cat! LOL! They are beautiful! :D

catnapper
06-07-2006, 06:22 AM
Domestic shorthair and Domestic Medium hair. The worlds BEST breed of cat! LOL! They are beautiful! :D
You beat me to it~! LOL

I don't one bit about breeds -- they are all gorgeous.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-07-2006, 07:16 AM
I can help you out with the black kitty, she is a domestic-medium hair............in fact I have one too ;) (they could be twins :eek: )

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/abbybeautymay2005.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/4-17-06abbyclose2.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/Helga-G-Pitacky/4-17-06abbyprettysitting.jpg

I am sure the black and white kitty is a domestic-short hair. :)

moosmom
06-07-2006, 07:29 AM
Beeeeeeeeautiful!!!!!!!

catmandu
06-07-2006, 09:32 AM
I would say that the Black Cat , by his ruff has a touch of Maine Coon in him.
He even has that Maine Coon Face.
The White and Black, is a DLH, but what a beauty.
You have such Wonderful Cats.

smokey the elder
06-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Boy we have a lot of similar looking long haired black cats on this site!

alexandra
06-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Definately dsh and dmh. Dmh looks as though might have a bit of british shorthair in there going on the face and eyes. That are what my cats are.

Sevaede
06-07-2006, 03:42 PM
Thanks everyone! I will pass this on to Dionne and let her know! :D

dionne
06-07-2006, 07:02 PM
hi everyone, i am dionne, the owner of the two indistinquishable kitties. i really apreciate the compliments of the two, very much....i'm not the only one who thinks theyre beautiful, yay!!! :D anyways, i know that their body type is distinguishable, but it's they're FACES that are different. i know in the photos that are up, that you cant really tell much about their faces. unfortunately the ones that wenisrubber put up are the only ones i have since my hard drive got erased :( hopefully ill get some new pics soon, and i'll put them up, but until then....
oh yeah - back to the subject, Angel the black keedie, her faces is differant but not nearly as much as as Abysinthe's face....i've actually had people tell me he looks like a horse, lol....and wenisrubber's husband told me they were apple-faced cats, like she says. their faces are just really long and very square at the bottom, and as someone surrounded by cats my entire life, they defininly do not look like any cats i've owned (or have owned me, rather...), or any other cats i've really SEEN...so if you can't tell by those pics, hopefully i'll get some more up....thanks!!!
dionne

RedHedd
06-07-2006, 08:57 PM
At first I thought the black one had a touch of Maine Coon too, given the silky long fur and that distinctive fluffy tail, however he doesn't have the tufted ears. With that fluffy ruff, he could have a touch of Norwegian Forest Cat in him. Whatever mix of wonderful kittiness they have in them, they're both cuties!

P.S. Welcome to Pet Talk, Dionne!

rosethecopycat
06-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I think, technically, the cat on the left would be considered a
Moo Cow kitty. Not a Tuxie. ;) :p

Sevaede
06-07-2006, 10:39 PM
I think, technically, the cat on the left would be considered a
Moo Cow kitty. Not a Tuxie. ;) :p

Who called him a tuxedo? :confused:

dionne
06-07-2006, 11:03 PM
[QUOTE=Abby&Buddy'sMom]I can help you out with the black kitty, she is a domestic-medium hair............in fact I have one too ;) (they could be twins :eek: )

omg, when i saw the pic you put up of your cat, i thought somehow you got a picture of my angel!!! they really do look EXACTLY alike, to the point of almost disturbing!! does your kitty have a giant tuft of hair sticking out of the bottom of his/her paws? angel does, and her ears too! i love it, it's gotta be the cutest thing i've ever seen on a cat ;)
dionne