PDA

View Full Version : Doolittleky needs financial help, ASAP.

Cataholic
06-06-2006, 08:24 AM
Doolittleky is trying desparately to save these two kittens, and needs just under $300.00 to make it happen. I will commit to $100.00.

Can I get ANYONE to help reach $300? If so, please pm me with the specifics...no pay pal, no nothing, just straight cold cash. I don't care how big or how little you can contribute...just please help.

There are several threads here that explain her predicament, and I will go link them now.

Thanks in advance.

Johanna

First link I found:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106003

Second link:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=106011

jenluckenbach
06-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Bump

Catty1
06-07-2006, 07:27 PM
Cath. is waiting to hear from Missy, last I heard. So fingers crossed!

doolittleky
06-11-2006, 06:24 PM
Johanna,
I am so sorry I haven't been online since Wednesday or Thursday. You must have seen Katie online using my log in. Toby has been so sick and I have had him at the vet everyday for fluids so I haven't been able to leave him to go to my friends to use the computer or I would have emailed you. Thusrday I found out that I would ahve to make a decision on Toby within the next 24 hours. I went home and cried all night long. Friday believe or not he seemed to be doing better. The vet was so pleased that she took his catheter out to see how he would do in the next 72 hours. I just got back form the vet with him and the vet is pleased that he is eating. She said I would have to take it day by day with him.

Now for the news of the kittens. Wednesday driving on my way home from the vet with Toby I get this phone call from a lady that I had contacted for help with trying to get the kittens to me. She siad her truck driving couple friends would be going through Brigham in 2 HOURS! And she wanted to know if I wanted them to pick the kittens up. they were headed for Chicago and then they didn't know where they would be going. I told them to go ahead because I didn't know if I would get another chance to get them. They turned out to be the nicest people, they travel in the truck with their 22 cats! I was on the phone constantly with them on their way to Chicago. They said they would try and get a run through Louisville and bring the kittens right to me but if they couldn't then they would keep them and then bring them to me in a week when they would be going this way. Turns out I found out Thursday morning that they were an hour out of Louisville and I got the kittens!. I took them home and had to take Toby right to the vet and then that is when she told me about the 24 hours thing. I was goping to get online saturday to let everyone know when Friday the female kitten started vomiting and having diarrhea and so i ahd to take them to the vet. Saturday morning she wouldn't stop throwing up so I had to go back with her because she was so dehydrated that they admittied her and immediately put her on iv's. The vet wasn't sure if she would make it or not. Today she is much better but not out of the woods yet. So I am so sorry i couldn't get in touch with you to let you know. You can return the money to whoever sent it and thank them so much for the offer and tell them I really appreciate it.
melissa

jenluckenbach
06-11-2006, 06:31 PM
:D:D:D >>>>>>>>> You have the kittens!!!

:(:(:(>>>>>>>>>>>I am so sorry for all the vet problems lately (whan it rains, it pours)

We'll be waiting for updates all around.

Karen
06-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Yay! You have the kittens! Yay! They'll be in our prayers for wellness!

Logan
07-05-2006, 03:39 PM
I totally missed the outcome of this story and came to find it when I read Katie's update on Doo.

Katie, in case you see this, are the kittens ok now? I am just sick that Doo lost Toby and now the problems with Ying and her being sick on top of it all. Bless her heart. I have known Doo for a long time through other groups and I am worried about her.

Logan

catmandu
07-05-2006, 06:01 PM
I wish I could but the diabetes has come back, and I now have to buy special shoes, and socks,
and Found Cat Seniors have had to have tests.
We are pleased that you have the Kittens, and we pray for you all.
The Seniors passed with purring colors.

moosmom
07-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Melissa,

I'm glad to hear your kitty is doing better and you got the kittens. Please keep us posted on all of them.

kt_luvs_kitties
07-06-2006, 09:29 PM
The kittens are doing ok now and Melissa does have them. I have not gotten to talk to Melissa, my phone was messed up yesterday BUT I am at my moms now, and I will be calling her shortly.
The girl kitten became very sick a few days after Melissa got her, but they did an FIP test on her, and after the death of Toby, she has not had the heart to get the test results. She will know soon, but for now I think the girl kitten is doing better. The boy seems fine. :)