PDA

View Full Version : Indestructable collar....

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2006, 08:08 AM
Archie, bless him, has now been with us for 3 weeks and Tobey has had 3 collars in this time. One was totally leather as I bought the boys matching ones (Archie chewed through Tobey's in a couple of days) so I thought I'd try a chain collar - first one arrived, fitted well, got hubby to cut the excess off and he cut too much!!!!

Got home today to find chain collar number 2 lying on the floor - Mr Archie had chomped his way through the teeny bit of leather.........

Any ideas??

Vela
06-06-2006, 08:17 AM
Well, personally I never leave collars on my dogs in the house anyway. They only wear them for going out. You could just not put a collar on Tobey while you are gone to prevent furhter damage, and/or potential harm to either dog. Dont know what else you could do short of an actual completely chain collar, which to me is just too dangerous anyway. If it was me I'd just leave the collar off while I was gone. Good luck!

lv4dogs
06-06-2006, 08:18 AM
I agree with Vela, I don't leave collars on my dogs when they are alone, no matter what type of collar it is.

But if for some reason you must you could try one of those leather ones with spikes on them, it worked for a friend of mine who also had a dog who would chew off the other dogs collar.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2006, 08:45 AM
If it was me I'd just leave the collar off while I was gone

Blindingly obvious when you think about it! If Tobey isn't wearing a collar then Archie can't chew it off :rolleyes: If brains were dynamite I wouldn't have enough to blow my hat off!!!! thanks guys :D

Vela
06-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Hahah don't feel bad, I have to have the obvious pointed out to me as well at times=) Pretty sure that's true for almost everyone.