PDA

View Full Version : Mandy desperately needs prayers

chocolatepuppy
06-05-2006, 06:18 PM
Mandy is sick, she has pyrometra. :( In the last month she has been through heat, yet another UTI, and a slightly sprained back leg. Now this.
She started drinking and peeing a bit much over the weekend and her appetite was not up to par. She was throwing up also. This morning she was very weak. The vet gave her an injection of antibiotics and something to help with her nausea. If she can't stop throwing up, she will have to be hospitalized on an IV. Otherwise we can start her on pills and keep her home.
Usually they do one of two things for this. Injections to cause cramps in her uterus which the vet is sure her heart could not take. Or getting her spayed. The only way we would consider spaying her is to try to save her life as she might not live through the spay. My vet is confident she will make it through this. I am almost tired of praying. :(

luvofallhorses
06-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Annette,

I am so very sorry. :( You know I am ALWAYS here for you when you need me, please remember that! You and Mandy will be held close in my thoughts and prayers. ((((Annette & Mandy)))) You and Mandy will get through this. Please know that we are here for you no matter what.

Kater
06-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Lots & lots of prayers coming for you and sweet Mandy! I know this is a scary time, but I am glad to see that the vet is hopeful.
((((HUGS))))to you both.

Cincy'sMom
06-05-2006, 06:33 PM
Lots of prayers coming Mandy's way.

.sarah
06-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear this. Poor girl, she will definetly be in my thoughts. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. (((HUGS))) to you and sweet Mandy girl.

Ginger's Mom
06-05-2006, 06:49 PM
Mandy will definitely be in my prayers. I am glad to hear the the vet is positive about her outcome. Hugs to you and our sweet Mandy girl. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Alysser
06-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Poor baby! I feel so bad for you. Please be ok Mandy! :( Prayers and good thoughts on the way.

petslover
06-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Mandy will get our prayers for sure. I hope everything goes okay with her.

-hugs-

cyber-sibes
06-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Sending prayers for you and Mandy, hope she's feeling better soon.

zoomer
06-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I am SO sorry, she will definetly be in my thoughts and prayers.

k9krazee
06-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Oh no :( she will definatley be in my prayers!!!! (((((((Hugs)))))

vinjashira
06-06-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm so sorry Annette :( but don't give up praying!

Pawsitive Thinking
06-06-2006, 04:59 AM
Dear Mandy, praying for you sweetie

shais_mom
06-06-2006, 06:01 AM
prayers on the way

gemini9961
06-06-2006, 06:36 AM
Lots and lots of prayers for Mandy and your family.

Daisy and Delilah
06-06-2006, 07:05 AM
My thoughts and prayers are going out right away for Mandy!! Get better sweet girl.
(((((HUGS FOR MANDY AND MOM)))))

lv4dogs
06-06-2006, 08:23 AM
Oh no, poor poor Mandy. Yous will be in my thoughts & prayers thats for sure.

Usually they do one of two things for this. Injections to cause cramps in her uterus which the vet is sure her heart could not take. Or getting her spayed. The only way we would consider spaying her is to try to save her life as she might not live through the spay. My vet is confident she will make it through this. I am almost tired of praying.

Not sure if I am reading this the right way, neither of the 2 treatments are suitable for Mandy?

If there is anything I can do please let me know.

ramanth
06-06-2006, 08:29 AM
Lots of prayers for Mandy.

dappledoxie
06-06-2006, 08:44 AM
Mandy we love you very much, please get better -hugs and kisses- I will be praying for you guys!

anna_66
06-06-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm so terribly sorry to hear that Mandy is so sick, but it sounds like the vet is prositive about her making it through this and that is good to hear.

I understand the being tired of praying, so when you get tired you just take a rest and we'll be doing the praying for you.

Lots of (((HUGS)))
Anna

beeniesmom
06-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh no, Poor Mandy!
I hope you get all better soon. Please keep us updated Annette.
Hugs

JenBKR
06-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Oh poor Mandy! Lots and lots of prayers and good thoughts coming your way. Please keep us updated!

pitc9
06-06-2006, 09:19 AM
Lots and LOTS of prayers are on their way for you and Mandy!!

finn's mom
06-06-2006, 09:34 AM
Poor, strong girl. I'll be thinking of her, and, really hoping she recovers speedily and completely.

RobiLee
06-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Thinking of Mandy and keeping her in my prayers.

chocolatepuppy
06-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Thank you everyone for your replies and your prayers. Mandy seems a bit better today, has been keeping her pills down.We have to watch she doesn't drink too much water at a time or she will throw up. She has really made a mess of the carpet, but I clean behind her and do have a rug shampooer. She ruined Laceys orthopedic bed today though. Lacey will have to use Mandys she just got for her birthday since I won't let her use it because she is draining.
We still have aways to go but I am happy to see Mandy feeling just the tiniest bit better.

Not sure if I am reading this the right way, neither of the 2 treatments are suitable for Mandy?
lv4dogs, neither treatment is a good idea for Mandy. She was born with a valve too small for her heart. That is why she isn't spayed.

I understand the being tired of praying, so when you get tired you just take a rest and we'll be doing the praying for you.
anna, this brought tears to my eyes. That is the spirit of PT.

Thank you all! :)

anna_66
06-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Glad to hear she's even doing the slightest bit better, it's better than nothing isn't it.
More hugs and prayers that she's feeling even better very soon.

chocolatepuppy
06-07-2006, 07:25 PM
*update* this is a part of a pm I sent to someone this morning...
[Originally Posted by chocolatepuppy
The reason you didn't hear from me last night...I was in the basement with Mandy. We thought she was dying.Couldn't get her up the steps no way so around 11:00 I set up camp on a lawn chair (the lay down type) and went to sleep with her. Around 3:00 am I woke up ,cold, and opened my eyes and Mandy was looking at me like "what ya doing down here mom?" She made it up the stairs, took her out to pee, she drank some, even ate a little chicken and rice!(first she's ate in 3 days) ..Please keep praying for her ,she's not over this yet, we really thought she was gonna be gone last night. Just thought I'd let ya know what's going on.]
I talked to one of our vets today, she felt the same as the first vet, that Mandy has a good chance of recovering from this. That we are between a rock and a hard place with Mandy as far as treament goes. She said she would spay Mandy but she would be very scared. It would be risky.:( Right now we have to a make sure we get enough water into her without her throwing it up, a little at a time. She also said if she makes it through these first few days we should be ok. I told her about last night and she said she could have just been exhausted.
Please keep her in your prayers just a little longer until we get her through this, I really thought we would lose her last night. :(

Daisy and Delilah
06-07-2006, 07:29 PM
My thoughts and prayers are still going out to that sweet girl. C'mon Mandy....you can make it girl :(
(((((((GENTLE HUGS ALL AROUND))))))) :(

luvofallhorses
06-07-2006, 07:32 PM
She is still in my thoughts and prayers. (((Annette & Mandy)))

Vela
06-07-2006, 07:35 PM
Gosh I hope she pulls through, that's a scary situation. Prayers and hugs for Mandy AND for you.

flamepony12
06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
awww, prayers are on the way :( ((((HUGS))))

k9krazee
06-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Oh my :( I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this, you and Mandy will remain in our prayers! (((((gentle hugs)))) to Miss Mandy.

Karen
06-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Mandy is still in our prayers! Give her a hug from me, okay? She looks soooooo soft, and lovely always.

Riptide
06-07-2006, 09:24 PM
Yes, give her a hug from me as well. Best wishes!

beeniesmom
06-08-2006, 08:23 AM
Oh gosh, how scary.
OH Mandy please please get through this. We are all thinking about you and wishing you well.

petslover
06-08-2006, 08:28 AM
What a scary situation you are in. Come on Mandy we are rooting for you to get better soon.

Prayers are still on the way.

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 12:49 PM
Is your Vet absolutely certain with the diagnosis?

She is so young, yet, has not been spayed . I need to look up this illness.

I sure am rooting for Mandy with all the fiber in my being.

Please keep us posted. I'm so sorry to learn that she is going through this difficult illness. Hang in there!!!!!! Lean on us!!!!!!

Jadapit
06-08-2006, 01:11 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this news. :( I will keep both you and Mandy in my thoughts and prayers. (((Hugs)))

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 01:13 PM
Okay, I read a page about Pyrometra.

This is what I recall about your post.

Mandy has been diagnosed with Pyrometra.

she did drink water, and she did urinate, but, has no energy, nor an appetite.

The vet says that if she cannot stop vomiting, that she will have to be placed on I.V., she has been given antibiotics for the infection as well as meds to control her nausea.

Spaying her right now is not an option? , or, does your Vet think that this surgury can be done now?

After reading your post about Mandy, I will encourage my son to have his Chihuahua fixed ASAP!!!

I don't know what I would do if Mandy were my dog. I would be going nuts!!!!!

I was foolish with my Foxy Jean. She was only 5 years old and had not been spayed. I guess I didn't want her to undergo any trama, but, my stupidity has cost me plenty. She developed Mammary cancer. Probabley had it for quite sometime before her lymph nodes were swollen.

I don't want to scare you, so please don't feel offended.

I just want your Mandy to get through this ordeal so bad.

I've never heard of Pyrometra till reading about Mandy.

I am really praying for this dog!!!!! hang in there!!!!!

luvofallhorses
06-08-2006, 01:17 PM
She is still in my thoughts and prayers. (((hugs))) How is she doing today?

Dorothy,

the reason why she cannot be spayed is because she has a bad heart and it would risk her life.

Dorothy39
06-08-2006, 01:31 PM
Sorry, I got carried away with worry for Mandy.

Yes, I have re-read the original post about the injections for her uterus.

I am just tense about this Mandy girl.

Thank-you, hee hee hee, like those old movies , where they slap your face. :D

I am going to pray real hard for Mandy.

sick em Girl!!!!

Lori Jordan
06-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Im so sorry to hear this my thought and prayers are with you Sweet One!!!!!!

chocolatepuppy
06-09-2006, 05:18 AM
Thanks everyone. I see signs of my Mandy peeking through. :) She still can't keep her food down good, but is keeping her water and pills down.The vets said not to worry about the food so much. She does get up and move a bit more.I will try to keep this updated, don't expect people to keep replying, but still appreciate any prayers for her. The vet said if she makes it through the first few days she should be ok, and she has, but I am still worried for her.

Pawsitive Thinking
06-09-2006, 05:26 AM
but I am still worried for her.

of course you are - she's your baby. Continued prayers heading your way

Alysser
06-09-2006, 05:42 AM
Still praying for Mandy. I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this!:(

Dorothy39
06-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Ditto for me.

I have Mandy on my mind and in my prayers

Remember , you have friends here. People who sincerely care.

lv4dogs
06-09-2006, 08:32 AM
I just want to let you know that yous are in my thoughts & prayerts every day. And everyday I check in to see any updates.

{{{hugs}}}

petslover
06-09-2006, 09:04 AM
I been keeping up the updates, and wanted to let you know that we are all thinking about Mandy!!

Prayers for sweet Mandy

finn's mom
06-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear that she is moving around a bit and keeping her pills and water down. she'll be back to normal in no time, she seems to be pulling through! :) thank you for the update!

shihtzulover850
06-09-2006, 09:15 AM
I will be praying for her! Do you plan on getting her spayed when you are able?

Corinna
06-09-2006, 09:23 AM
Sorry that Mandy is going through this again. I hadn't heard any thing for so long I hoped she was over it. Prayers out for her.

jazzcat
06-09-2006, 11:11 AM
I'm sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I will be keeping Mandy in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad to hear she is doing a little better and that she's got the past couple of days behind her.

elizabethann
06-09-2006, 11:24 AM
Please get better Mandy.

.sarah
06-09-2006, 12:41 PM
I am still thinking of you and Mandy! :)

Dorothy39
06-09-2006, 01:51 PM
Prayers are out there for you , so, you can take a break and look care for Mandy.

I see the Vet feels confident that Mandy is taking fluid versus eating more.

Just know that even though we don't receive constant updates that Mandy is in our prayers every single day.

I think of that Chocolate lab more often than I can admit.

I feel positive about Mandy, having read the entire thread. This marvelous Pet Talk Forum is a God Send for so many.

Ginger's Mom
06-09-2006, 02:36 PM
I have only been able to jump on for very short periods of time. But I do check at least twice a day for updates on Mandy. I am glad to hear that there has been some improvement. I will keep Mandy (and you) in my prayers.

sammy101
06-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Sending prayers and good thoughts to Mandy. :(

Pembroke_Corgi
06-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. :( I'll be thinking of Mandy and hoping for a full recovery!

Cincy'sMom
06-09-2006, 09:31 PM
Glad to hear Mandy is keeping the meds down. We are still thinking of her!

cyber-sibes
06-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Just checking back - glad to hear Mandy's showing signs of improvement. (((hugs))) to you both! Will keep praying...

chocolatepuppy
06-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Mandy *update* I called the vet yesterday, she said it was perfectly normal for Mandy to still be somewhat nauseated. She also said her draining should slow down now and it has. Mandy has kept her food down from last evening so far. 1/4 cup of rice with a little bit of chicken in it. That's not much for a 90 lb. dog to eat in a week. :( But it's a start. Mandy even woofed last night at a car in the neighbors driveway, first time we heard that in a week. :) Each day we see some improvement in her spirit. I hope I never ever see Mandy throw up again!
While she is improving daily, I try not to get my hopes up too much, because it is very serious, she is very sick.
I can't thank all of you enough for thinking of her, praying for her, and all of your replies. Mandy thanks you too. Woof :)

Dorothy39
06-10-2006, 12:58 PM
Oh Mandy, Woof!!!! Woof!!!! to you too.

Prayers are still in my heart for you girl. :)

anna_66
06-10-2006, 09:30 PM
Even the smallest improvement is great news:)

Lots of hugs, kisses and prayers for Mandy.

jesse_3
06-10-2006, 09:36 PM
I am so glad that Mandy has gotten better throughout these few days! When I started reading the thread, I was ready to cry! Mandy, good job! You just keep on going hon!

Prayers are commin that she'll keep on fighting!
Stephanie, Jesse, and Jemi'

chocolatepuppy
06-11-2006, 08:21 AM
Mandy *update* Mandy seems tired. Could be because we are home for the weekend. Not much change except she wouldn't eat last night, I think because she was tired. I will try again tonight to get her to eat. There just isn't enough time in the morning to fit in feeding her. By the time I space out all of her pills and water, there is too much time gone by since she took her pill for nausea. :( (she takes more pills in the am) And the pills are more important than the food. If I chance it, she may not only lose the food but some of the water I gave her. We're barely getting enough water in her now.
I got an emergency vacation day for tomorrow to give me one more day with her. I will be talking to one of the vets again tomorrow. I keep telling myself they said "if she makes it through the first few days she has good chance of beating this." I am just exhausted from caring for her and mostly from worry.
Thank you all for continued prayers.

gemini9961
06-11-2006, 08:30 AM
Still thinking of Mandy and wishing her well.

chocolatepuppy
06-12-2006, 01:03 PM
Mandy had a bad day yesterday. Couldn't hardly keep her water down. :( She is better today. Got more nausea pills from the vet and increased her dosage. Also got some prescription food from the vet but she just turned her nose up at it.
Talked to two of my vets, they both say it is still normal to be nauseated and to be lying around a lot. It's gonna take awhile. :(
Any praying/good thoughts for her are still appreciated.

luvofallhorses
06-12-2006, 01:18 PM
She's still in my thoughts and prayers! ((hugs)) feel better soon, Mandy!

shais_mom
06-12-2006, 01:19 PM
poor both of you - HUGS and prayers on the way

pitc9
06-12-2006, 01:21 PM
{hugs} to you and Mandy.....
You both are in my prayers.

finn's mom
06-12-2006, 01:43 PM
This has to be really hard on Mandy and your family. I'm still checking this for updates daily, and, am glad that she is at least having some good days. Thanks for the updates! Keep on working on getting better, Miss Mandy! Finn, Freckles, and, Dudley send lots of sweet kisses.

Kfamr
06-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh Annette, I feel so horrible as this is the first time I've seen this thread and had not known Mandy was sick. :( I'm so, so sorry.

I am glad that her wonderful mommy is helping her so much.

If there is anything I can do at all, please let me know!!

beeniesmom
06-14-2006, 03:17 PM
Hi,
I've been away from pt and from the internet for several days. I injured my back.
Any news on Mandy? I hope she's better.

.sarah
06-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Hi,
I've been away from pt and from the internet for several days. I injured my back.
Any news on Mandy? I hope she's better.
Carmen, Mandy passed away :( :( :( :( Look in Dog Memorial for her remembrance thread.

beeniesmom
06-14-2006, 03:25 PM
OH GOD NOOOOOO!
I am so sorry.