PDA

View Full Version : Please, I need help with my travel arrangements.

Sevaede
06-05-2006, 11:57 AM
Okay, here's the situation. My husband and I ordered my plane ticket for my trip to Nevada and Oregon (same ticket and everything) from faremax.com. He found out about the extra charge when he went to deposit a check. The bank said to contact faremax. We talked on the net through LiveSupport and then on the phone. They basically re iterated the same thing over and over. They charged us double, around $700 for each charge, once for authorization and once for just the charge. Nowhere did they have information posted or informing us of this double thing. Not in the terms of conditions, etc. They did not even post the double charge when it showed us our total! My husband is now about $450 dollars overdrawn, there is a twenty five dollar bouncing fee, and we still have to pay car insurance today! If we don't, it lapses and there's a $400 fee plus any citations and fines he may incur while driving. He just left (to go back) after taking more than two and a half hours off of work to take care of this. We are really stressing out over this. Was that legal of them not only to double charge us but to *not* inform us of it, as well? Eventually, the bank saw what happened after we called and were very helpful in removing the second charge (it'll still take a couple of hours to show up on the account, though). Any thoughts and help is so greatly appreciated. I hope my ticket is valid or I won't be able to go on the trip! We have the conversation with the LiveSupport office if it is needed. *sigh*

moosmom
06-05-2006, 12:20 PM
I had a situation where aol was taking money out of my checking account without my knowledge for an account I closed over 2 years ago and got a confirmation number for it(I'd pay through debit card). I went to my bank and filed a complaint. They in turn, put the money back in the account and went after aol.

Go back to the bank in person and file a formal complaint. Tell them you want faremax to also pay for any overdraft fees you've had to encounter.

If you need to make travel arrangements, call 1-800-327-4336. It's a VERY reputable travel agent in Michigan (Fantasy Travel) that I have dealt with for years and have NEVER had a problem. I don't trust some of those online deals. You never know who you're dealing with and there are alot of loopholes.

One time I reserved a hotel room via the internet for NYC for me and my daughter. I tried to cancel because I was sick as a dog. They said they wouldn't refund my money (even though I canceled over a week in advance) so I ended up going anyways, spending most of my time in the hotel bed while my daughter and niece walked around the city.

Another time I booked a hotel (again in NYC) through the internet. Turned out to be a roach motel that charged for towels (bathrooms were GAROSS!!!!!) with bunkbed. Didn't DARE leave anything on the floor.

Good luck!!

Sevaede
06-05-2006, 02:35 PM
I had a situation where aol was taking money out of my checking account without my knowledge for an account I closed over 2 years ago and got a confirmation number for it(I'd pay through debit card). I went to my bank and filed a complaint. They in turn, put the money back in the account and went after aol.

Go back to the bank in person and file a formal complaint. Tell them you want faremax to also pay for any overdraft fees you've had to encounter.

If you need to make travel arrangements, call 1-800-327-4336. It's a VERY reputable travel agent in Michigan (Fantasy Travel) that I have dealt with for years and have NEVER had a problem. I don't trust some of those online deals. You never know who you're dealing with and there are alot of loopholes.

One time I reserved a hotel room via the internet for NYC for me and my daughter. I tried to cancel because I was sick as a dog. They said they wouldn't refund my money (even though I canceled over a week in advance) so I ended up going anyways, spending most of my time in the hotel bed while my daughter and niece walked around the city.

Another time I booked a hotel (again in NYC) through the internet. Turned out to be a roach motel that charged for towels (bathrooms were GAROSS!!!!!) with bunkbed. Didn't DARE leave anything on the floor.

Good luck!!

Wow, that's terrible! I think I've heard of someone else having a problem like that with AOL.

I'll be printing this page out and telling el husband (through the phone) so he can go work something out after work!

I would attempt the travel agent you recommended but I wouldn't be able to get a refund on the ticket that we already ordered and we don't have any extra money. I will, however, remember to check them out the next time either of us (or anyone else I know) has to travel somewhere. I was half skeptical about ordering online as well but my grandmother and Troy have both used online services and I was like "what the heck". I guess I should have gone through a more well known one like the one I was going to use originally (priceline).

Wow! Nasty business on that hotel! That reminds me of the Southloop Inn in Fort Worth. Seventy bucks for a room that looks like it was a rent by the hour. The ceiling was falling apart, half the buttons on the phone were missing (the rest were filthy, could hardly be punched down, and it was inaudible), ice bucket was dirty, there was poo down the front of the toilet, stab holes in the bed, etc. I sat on the floor after I put a litter box out for the cats who happened to be yowling and going crazy when they were there. They kept running around and went to the bathroom maybe five or six times in the whole twenty minutes that we were there. Soni had diarrhea in his kennel while we were getting ready to leave. It was just terrible.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-05-2006, 05:54 PM
Okay, here's the situation. My husband and I ordered my plane ticket for my trip to Nevada and Oregon (same ticket and everything) from faremax.com. He found out about the extra charge when he went to deposit a check. The bank said to contact faremax. We talked on the net through LiveSupport and then on the phone. They basically re iterated the same thing over and over. They charged us double, around $700 for each charge, once for authorization and once for just the charge. Nowhere did they have information posted or informing us of this double thing. Not in the terms of conditions, etc. They did not even post the double charge when it showed us our total! My husband is now about $450 dollars overdrawn, there is a twenty five dollar bouncing fee, and we still have to pay car insurance today! If we don't, it lapses and there's a $400 fee plus any citations and fines he may incur while driving. He just left (to go back) after taking more than two and a half hours off of work to take care of this. We are really stressing out over this. Was that legal of them not only to double charge us but to *not* inform us of it, as well? Eventually, the bank saw what happened after we called and were very helpful in removing the second charge (it'll still take a couple of hours to show up on the account, though). Any thoughts and help is so greatly appreciated. I hope my ticket is valid or I won't be able to go on the trip! We have the conversation with the LiveSupport office if it is needed. *sigh*
Contact the Better Business Bureau. You can file a complaint right online! http://www.bbb.org/ They should be able to help you get your money back- they have helped me before and I got a check and an apology from the company in question really fast without doing anything but filing a complaint.

Sevaede
06-06-2006, 03:56 AM
Wow, thank you! I never even thought of that! I will definitely be making a complaint.

It's like, look, if you're going to charge me over 1500 dollars instead of the 700 that I was expecting then you could have had the decency to make me aware of the process SOMEWHERE on the site.