PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting a third dog..

BC_MoM
06-04-2006, 08:57 PM
My Nan and Granddad's neighbour have had a dog for a year.. but I didn't know until now.

They don't take care of him.

He's outside on the hottest, humid days and he constantly cries. He has no water or food outside with him, no shelter. He's just on a rope.

But since there's no visible signs of abuse, I don't think anyone will do anything (ie: humane society, animal control..)

My whole family is disgusted with the neighbours. They're nice people, but don't give a rat's behind about the dog.

I kept watching tonight to see if he would be put outside, but I never saw him..

I'm not sure what I should do. He looks like Tramp from Lady and the Tramp but is so much cuter and he is just so friendly, but oh-so timid.

What should I do? Steal him? (Probably not a wise choice) Offer to buy him from them? (I would most likely have to rehome him, though)

Alysser
06-04-2006, 09:00 PM
That's so sad. I would offer to buy him if I were you. Stealing wouldn't really solve anything and if found out you were the one who did, you'll get in big trouble. I hope you can get him! :D

Kfamr
06-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Offer them advice and ways to make the dog's life more pleasant. If they aren't interested, offer to take him off their hands.

cali
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
I would ask first. if they say no, then I would find a home far away from them and you, and take the doh straight there, otherwise the naibores will suspect you first. I know soemone who made a neglected dog "run away" and gave her to a friend on the other side of town.

lute
06-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Offer them advice and ways to make the dog's life more pleasant. If they aren't interested, offer to take him off their hands.
ditto. good luck! :)

if you do ake the dog go "poof" i would make sure they could never find the dog. the further away the better. Example:Tyson is on Montana now.lol :p

animal_rescue
06-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I would ask first. if they say no, then I would find a home far away from them and you, and take the doh straight there, otherwise the naibores will suspect you first. I know soemone who made a neglected dog "run away" and gave her to a friend on the other side of town.

I agree!

Alysser
06-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I agree!
But wouldn't they just suspect her anyway? I would if someone asked for my dog.

zoomer
06-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Don't steal him, what if they found out? That would be a big UH-OH! :p

I would suggest offering to buy him. Maybe $50-$100, maybe they'd even give him to you cheaper. If they don't let you have one... well... lets just hope he does!

BOBS DAD
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
Guys... guys... guys... you can't just go taking other people's dogs!!! Even if you disagree with their methods of taking care of him. If he is truly not being neglected (and the rescue league themselves have no recourse) then you have to able to accept that not everything in the world is or will ever be the way you would like it to be.

I believe your best course of action may be to offer advice (and please, be diplomatic) and suggestions about how they may make their dog's life better and general dog ownership more enjoyable. Also, you can offer to take their dog on walks for them and maybe even trips to the dog park with your dog(s). These are positive suggestions which are always more readily accepted and less likely to be offensive to the dogs owners. If they notice positive results in their dog, they may be more apt to adopt more of your pet ownership methods. If they like their dog going with you and yours tothe park, invite them to come along.

Remember, you catch more flys with honey than vinegar.

cali
06-04-2006, 09:30 PM
But wouldn't they just suspect her anyway? I would if someone asked for my dog.

thats why you find a place far away from both you and the "owners", that way it does not matter if they suspect you, you dont have the dog so that cant prove a thing lol