PDA

View Full Version : I need to ask a favour of you...

L-A.
05-10-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm doing a website for my husband's cousin who breeds Golden Retrievers..

I have no content YET (and I mean NO content), I would just like to know what you think of it.. I haven't purchased the domain yet, either...

http://216.40.249.40/~golden/

Please do NOT click on the flash menu buttons because they link to a goldenfieldkennels.com URL and as I said, I haven't bought it yet.. but feel free to run your mouse over them.. :)

(If anyone else wants a website done, I'm very cheap..)

I didn't write this for a plug, I want to know your honest opinion. :)

Thank you.

L-A., Ashes, Shubunkin, Sassy, Cookie the Mouse, and the Ghost of Smudgie..

Albea
05-10-2002, 12:18 PM
Don't you think that the dog graphics could look more like Goldens since they are for a breeder? It's just my first impression. I hope you don't mind.
If you want addresses for Web sites with free Golden pictures, please let me know. I'll be looking forward to the finished site.

Dixieland Dancer
05-10-2002, 12:31 PM
I agree about the Goldens being more realistic. A little bit too cartoonish for a professional look. The rest of it looked really good though! Let us know when it is done.

I have Goldens so I will be very interested in seeing the finished site. Our club needs someone to develope a site also and perhaps if it ends up nice, I can refer them to you.

L-A.
05-10-2002, 01:14 PM
.. so I can't change that...

L-A.

aly
05-10-2002, 01:44 PM
The first thing I though was how cute the cartoon puppy was! I think its great! The site still looks very professional. I love it :)

Ann
05-10-2002, 01:52 PM
I personally like the cartoonish puppy, it adds a nice and different touch.

The design is very nice, the flashing paws on mouse over looks great. The only thing I'd try to change if I were you is the size of the main logo. It's at 122k, and that's pretty big for an intro page pic seen from a person on a slow modem's view.

Other than that it looks great so far. Good work! :)

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-10-2002, 03:22 PM
I like it! I think it is awesome.

I do like the cartoon too. It doesn't resemble a Golden too much.

gini
05-11-2002, 10:54 AM
I am not too fond of the cartoon. Goldens are so magnificent, I think pictures of real Goldens would be better. But, that is just my opinion.

Former User
05-11-2002, 12:18 PM
I kind of like the cartoon doggie, but since it's for a Kennel, I'd like a bit more real looking dog too. Goldens are so adorable, why not put a real pic(s) there?

L-A.
05-11-2002, 04:34 PM
There will be pictures of real goldens, once I go up there and get some.. She lives about 200 miles from me..