PDA

View Full Version : a disaster of a day!

lute
06-04-2006, 04:49 PM
me, Gracie and a friend of mine were going to a dog show in Corydon,IN this moning. we were going to see a friend show her sibes. i got up a 6:00am. got dressed and got out the door by 6:30. i picked up my friend and hit the road.

we didn't get but 30 miles away from home and my front right tire blew. scared the shit out of me! i pulled over and found my tire shred to pieces! as my friend opened her door Gracie darted out of the car and took off running! :eek: i was screamin "COOKIES! COOKIES!" and of course she came running back, but as soon as she noticed i didn't actually have a cookie she darted off again. i finally got her cornered in someone's garage.

after getting Gracie loaded back into the car i called my grandpa. neither of us knew how to change a tire. :o when my grandpa got there we soon found out that we need a specail lug nut to get my tire off. we all rip into the car looking for this thing....it's nowhere!

grandpa brings us back to his house and we let Gracie play with their dog while we run back out to try to get my tire off. we failed. :(

we went back to my grandpa's house and waited for my mom to come pick us up. we got home and i find out that my grandpa missed church this morning because he was heping us. :o my friend called me hollering "WE FINISHED MURPHY!" i can't believe i missed it! :( my car is still sitting on he side of the road and will stay there until we find a lug nut. no place is open because it's sunday, so we have to wait until tommarow to do anything about it.

i guess there really isn't any point in this post. just had to share my bad day.

zoey
06-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Ouch! sounds like a rough one.
Gosh, I'm glad you got Gracie back, though.
I hope they do not tow your car.
*big hugs* from Daisy and I.

buttercup132
06-04-2006, 05:27 PM
Aww that sucks. Lol I guess this is why your supposed to take shop class.:p

buckner
06-04-2006, 06:05 PM
Aww, I'm sorry you had such a crappy day! :( But, I'm glad everyone is okay.

To change a tire, you'd need to loosen the bolt-like things with a tool that should've been provided to you when you bought your car. It should be in every car. Usually, it's hidden in your trunk under a special mat like thing, along with a spare tire and a jack. Well, once you loosen the bolt things (just a bit, not a TON), you'll then jack your car up and then take off the bolts all together. Take off the tire, replace it. and Retrace your steps backwards to put it all back together. I've only had a flat once, and my dad was with me - I didn't know what to do, but he taught me then what to do. But, he did it for me... and he was drunk when he did it. :P But it was still amazingly done. I don't know if I'd attempt to change a tire on my own though, that's why I've got AAA (Triple A)!! :D

Roxyluvsme13
06-04-2006, 06:18 PM
I'm sorry you had a bad day! *HUGS*

lute
06-04-2006, 09:16 PM
thanks. my grandpa said that he's gonna have to teach me how to change a tire, check oil, etc. he asked me if i had checked my oil lately. i said "uhhh...not that i know of." :o

zoomer
06-04-2006, 09:22 PM
What a disaster... :( *Hugs*