PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help this cat?

catnapper
06-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Thanks to our mayor Karen, who pointed me in the direction of Freecycle, I've been obessed with watching the board every day.

This morning there was a posting for a 10 year old male cat who has a history of crystals. He's on the Prescription CD food, needs plenty of water and regular urine rechecks. She has to give him up because she is a single mother of toddlers and realizes she is not giving him the time and attention he needs. Not the best excuse in the world - but a valid one if she really honestly knows she is ignoring his needs.

She's in Pennsylvania near me (about an hour from Philadelphia)

For some reason, this really is tugging at my heart. I want to make sure he finds a wonderful home!!!!

Now I'm off to see what my rescue friends might be able to do for him.

catmandu
06-04-2006, 11:15 AM
I Wish I Could Help But With 14 Cats, And People Threatening To Report Me, I Just Cant.
All I Can Do Is Pray For That Cat.

Karen
06-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Awww, I've never seen an animal appear on Freecycle, but bless you for spotting him and worrying about him!

jazzcat
06-04-2006, 01:11 PM
Poor kitty! Best of luck helping him out Kim.

catnapper
06-05-2006, 01:40 PM
I must be nuts.

I'm going with Ashley tonight to meet Stevie. I just can't get this 10 year old boy out of my mind. I doubt I'll come home with him..... I just have to see him.

jenluckenbach
06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
You know darned well you won't drive to see him and NOT bring him home!

Email me about him and we'll talk.

moosmom
06-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I doubt I'll come home with him

Make sure you bring a cat carrier with you when you go. :p

catnapper
06-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Make sure you bring a cat carrier with you when you go. :p
I had thought of that. How can I go meet this boy and NOT bring him home? Sigh.

She said he's grey and white (like Madame Edwina?) or is he brown tabby and white? As you know, most people call brown tabbies grey. I'm dead in the water if thats the case.

She said he was FABULOUS with the babies. Even slept in the crib with the first baby. Oh wow..... I know hubby would be upset but wouldn't kill me. He'd just shrug and accept it. But would Pouncer and the others forgive me???

moosmom
06-05-2006, 02:11 PM
They'll get over it once they show him where he stands in the hierarchy. Did I mention not to forget to bring a cat carrier??? :D :rolleyes: :p

catlover4ever
06-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Sounds like he is already coming home with you already. I know what you mean about Pouncer. I have issues with Smokey because of all the kitties in my house already. Smokey has made it perfectly clear that he does not want anymore kitties in the home.....but most of you know me pretty well and I have already started working with a blackie who shows up at my front door around dinner time....Smokey is not going to be happy but how can I turn my back on him...he is sooo skinny and needs a home.

Good luck....and if he does not have tabby stripes I'm sure we could paint some on him for you....that way he will definately fit right in. ;) ;)

catnapper
06-05-2006, 03:38 PM
We changed the meeting til Wednesday. Now I have some time to see if I can find another place for this poor boy. Someone here must certainly want another kitty ;)

Logan
06-05-2006, 03:42 PM
One of the worst things about Freecycle that I found was the dogs/cats/hamsters/etc that were offered up there. I finally quit looking at the emails and chose the option to view them at my pleasure on the site. I never was looking to receive anything, anyway, just provide something to someone in need.

Kim, good luck on Wednesday. Don't do something you can't handle, especially with the responsiblities of the new baby coming.

Logan

jazzcat
06-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Oh wow Kim, going to see him - he's coming home with you I'm sure. If nothing else maybe you could "foster" him until you find the perfect home. HEHEHEHEHE!!!!! I couldn't even type that without laughing!!!!!

orangemm
06-06-2006, 03:11 AM
I would bet the house that she doesn't come home empty-handed! :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)