PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with Cyrus!!!

king2005
06-03-2006, 12:18 PM
I was sleeping in my room. I woke up to this death howl. It was horrible, it sounded like Cyrus was either dying or someone died & he was crying...

Do AST (Pit Bull) howel?? & why was he doing this.. no one is home & I found him at the front door.. Hes acting odd too. I don't understand what hes trying to tell me!!

zoomer
06-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Weird :confused:

Maybe he is hurt? Check him over, and maybe it's something on the inside, so take him to the vet.

Possibly he was just howling back to some other dog?

Hmmm, sounds weird....

king2005
06-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Weird :confused:

Maybe he is hurt? Check him over, and maybe it's something on the inside, so take him to the vet.

Possibly he was just howling back to some other dog?

Hmmm, sounds weird....

He's not hurt (checked already), I put him outside to pee, but hes not himself.. I sence something is bothering him (not from illness).. I don't know why, but I have this errie feeling.

lost_milo
06-03-2006, 12:31 PM
If he's eating, not vomiting and pooping fine......
Then maybe he had a nightmare or maybe someone or something was at your door during the night and he was trying to tell you?

luvofallhorses
06-03-2006, 12:34 PM
I'd take him to the vet. It's better to be safe than sorry. I hope he is feeling like himself soon! Please give him a gentle hug for me.

Miss Z
06-03-2006, 12:36 PM
I'm not entirely sure what caused him to howl, but dogs can sense many things we cannot. He could have seen something out the window, or heard a sound perhaps inaudible to us that has upset him. If his behaviour makes you feel uncertain it could influence him more, I know you're inclined to feel that way but I think what he needs right now is a reassuring hug and a pat! Sending ((hugs)) to you and Cyrus!

shihtzulover850
06-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I'm not entirely sure what caused him to howl, but dogs can sense many things we cannot. He could have seen something out the window, or heard a sound perhaps inaudible to us that has upset him. If his behaviour makes you feel uncertain it could influence him more, I know you're inclined to feel that way but I think what he needs right now is a reassuring hug and a pat! Sending ((hugs)) to you and Cyrus!
Yes I agree. That is probably what caused it. :) Hope everything is alright.

king2005
06-03-2006, 12:43 PM
I can't take him to the vet even if I wanted to. Hes not registered to me & I don't have a car. I know hes not sick. I sence something in the air too, but I don't know what.

It wasn't at night it was at 1pm (I sleep in on weekends). I didn't see anything odd outside, but he usually barks & barks & barks if there is something outside, not howl.

He wont stay near me, I was able to put him outside for a pee & now he is hiding in the kitchen upstaires & wants nothing to do with me.. He keeps staring out his big window.

I have to take off, but I don't want to as I hate living him home right now.. wish I knew what was bothering him.

I wrote a note for the landlord (his owner) to call me when she gets home. Her cell # no longer works so I cannot call her (I tried). I'll be coming back ina few hours.. I have to pick up the rats & meet Shawn

Kfamr
06-03-2006, 12:57 PM
So weird! I hope he is okay.

I'm confused by what you are calling him.. Staffie and Pit Bull? Those are two seperate breeds - unless you mean to call him by the generalization of all Bully breeds?

sparks19
06-03-2006, 02:21 PM
perhaps there is a bad storm headed your way.

I just checked the weather channel and if you are in mississauga like it says then it looks like you ARE in for a storm.

I am in London ONtario and we just had a doozy with hail and everything.

king2005
06-04-2006, 11:46 PM
So weird! I hope he is okay.

I'm confused by what you are calling him.. Staffie and Pit Bull? Those are two seperate breeds - unless you mean to call him by the generalization of all Bully breeds?

Pit Bull means all bull breeds.. its in the big book of law lol..

sparks19, I wonder if thats what was bothering him. Shawn said it was storming fairly bad when I was sleeping. Maybe Cyrus was scared... I did talk to his owner & were gonna set up hie kennel, under the staires near my apt door.. We're gonna put a blanket ontop of hit & put a blanket inside... it'll give him a place to hide, since he tends to hang around my apt when hes upset.

Kfamr
06-04-2006, 11:54 PM
Maybe it's just me but, when I read Pit Bull (proper) I think of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

The generalization of AmStaffs, Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls, and other breeds are refered to as "pit bulls." I think that's what you mean.

Maybe I'm just being picky because Pit Bulls are my favorite breed of dog. ;)

king2005
06-04-2006, 11:58 PM
Maybe it's just me but, when I read Pit Bull (proper) I think of the American Pit Bull Terrier.

The generalization of AmStaffs, Bull Terriers, Pit Bulls, and other breeds are refered to as "pit bulls."

Maybe I'm just being picky because Pit Bulls are my favorite breed of dog. ;)

I understand... Hopefully the lady fighting the BSL law will win & the word Pit Bull will mean APT again & a Staffy wont be mixed up as one.

lv4dogs
06-05-2006, 09:38 AM
Did you end up getting that storm? Do you think that was the cause for the howling?

king2005
06-05-2006, 09:43 AM
Did you end up getting that storm? Do you think that was the cause for the howling?

Rose doen't know, shes never heard him howl.. We did get a storm, but I slept through it.. when I wokr up it was over.. chance are, he could still hear & sence it.

Poor guy...

zoomer
06-05-2006, 10:47 AM
Rose doen't know, shes never heard him howl.. We did get a storm, but I slept through it.. when I wokr up it was over.. chance are, he could still hear & sence it.

Poor guy...

Awwww poor Cyrus :(