PDA

View Full Version : Poor dog...

wolfsoul
06-02-2006, 11:52 PM
This dog came in to be groomed today. It was a shih tzu that had been surrendered by owners who were severely neglecting it. The poor thing was infested with maggots. They were just eating him alive. Every time the groomer shaved some hair off, more maggots would fall on to the table and start crawling towards her. They were living under this dog's matted hair. It was one of the worst cases I've seen yet, and we get dogs covered head to toe in ticks. This dog must have been living in absolute filth. I don't understand how people can be so cruel.

K9karen
06-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Did you all call the Humane Society or animal control? What a heartbreaking, sad, terrible, scary story.

BC_MoM
06-03-2006, 01:02 AM
Did you all call the Humane Society or animal control?

Jordan said the dog was surrended.

That poor thing! :( I don't understand people.

Kater
06-03-2006, 01:20 AM
I have only seen maggots on a living animal once in my life. That is something I hope to never see again.

My heart is with that poor little dog. I pray that it can recover from the life that it has had. :(

Sevaede
06-03-2006, 02:00 AM
Aw, no! Poor darling dog! :( What ended up happening with him?

buttercup132
06-03-2006, 09:16 AM
omg that horrible! how can people do this!!!I hope they can remove the rest of them if they are inside of him:(

Alysser
06-03-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm ashamed to be a human sometimes. I hope those people face charges and fines for this.

lost_milo
06-03-2006, 12:38 PM
That's very sad. I wish people would think before they decide to get a dog.

luvofallhorses
06-03-2006, 12:41 PM
poor baby. :( I hope he finds the home he deserves. :(

Miss Z
06-03-2006, 12:44 PM
:( :( :(

How people live with themselves after doing something like that is completely beyond me. I hope the future gets brighter now for the sweet dog.

.sarah
06-03-2006, 12:51 PM
I saw something similar while working at a vet. There was a cat that had numorous holes on it's body, it was like swiss cheese, and it had maggots crawling around inside of him. It was such an awful thing to see. He was brought in because he had been hit by a car (by his owners, on "accident") and his jaw was broken. The owners waited a week or so to bring him in after he was hit, and we have no idea how he got so many holes in his body. The cat actually made a really great recovery, but it took a long time.

shihtzulover850
06-03-2006, 12:57 PM
uuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhh hhhhh That is so cruel!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: urgh why and how could anyone live with themselves after that????? sick sick sick are they going to give it medical care????? Just why why why would you do that to a dog!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: For heaven's sake!!!!!! What is wrong with the human race!!!!!!!

zoey
06-03-2006, 01:30 PM
:mad: It makes me angry that someone was that negligent with this dog. The story about the kitty was sad, too. It sounds like he was quite resilient though. :) I hope these animals' new owners are more responsible and loving. *prayers*

ashleycat
06-03-2006, 01:36 PM
*pukey* poor doggie. I saw pics of a squirl that had holes and huge bumps that the bugs had burrowed in his skin living there. I forgot what they were called. But it was sooooo nasty. I felt really sorry for them. They look like wasps nest in his skin,

wolfsoul
06-03-2006, 06:25 PM
are they going to give it medical care?????
It doesn't really need anything except some ointment applied to his bum where the maggots were worst. It is very sore down there.

K9Kaaren -- he is an SPCA dog, we groom them for free.

Sarah -- yuck! :eek: I can't even imagine.

shihtzulover850
06-03-2006, 06:29 PM
It doesn't really need anything except some ointment applied to his bum where the maggots were worst. It is very sore down there.

K9Kaaren -- he is an SPCA dog, we groom them for free.

Sarah -- yuck! :eek: I can't even imagine.

Does he have any prospective adopters?? :(

zoomer
06-03-2006, 07:13 PM
OMG that is horrible! Some people don't deserve the love a dog gives them :rolleyes: :mad: :(

shihtzulover850
06-03-2006, 07:14 PM
OMG that is horrible! Some people don't deserve the love a dog gives them :rolleyes: :mad: :(
So true!!! :mad:

lute
06-03-2006, 07:22 PM
OMG!!! some people! atleast he's safe now and will no longer live in such conditions! i feel so bad for this dog! i hope the people that treated him this way will get what they desearve! :mad:

CarrieUnderwood
06-03-2006, 07:27 PM
So true!!! :mad:
YOU BET MY BROTHER KNEW MICHEAL KENNEDY FROM HIS 7TH GRADE MATH CLASS IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE IT BUT HE JUST KILLED HIS DOG.

wolf_Q
06-04-2006, 12:27 AM
That's so sad, poor dog. It's that time of year when people look in their backyard and remember they have this dog that's been rotting on a chain all winter and it needs a haircut. :rolleyes: I've seen a lot of really disgusting matted to the skin, with sores, inch long nails, etc but I have not run into maggots yet. I think I would scream. :o I'm so glad we don't have fleas here I don't think I could be a groomer if we did (I've seen a few flea dogs come from out of state but its rare and I've only seen a tick on one dog ever).

dappledoxie
06-04-2006, 06:28 PM
Awful :( I always wonder how people can just let things like this happen. :( We had a dog come in with maggots as well because of poo getting stuck in his matted fur. It was awful.

Muddy4paws
06-04-2006, 06:38 PM
It's disgusting isnt it? I think people like that should be banned from keeping pets, We once had a dog in that couldnt go to the toilet without bleeding because it was so full with maggots on his bum its was matted with a tiny gap for him to go to the toilet and the matted mess was COVERED in maggots eating away at his bum, The owners just said that they noticed him itching it and noticed that the dog had leaked blood from his bum after going, my boss reported them after and charged a very heavy grooming bill after giving the owner a full view of what was stuck in the matted mess around his bum, It just makes me sick to think about that..

k9krazee
06-04-2006, 08:53 PM
:eek: The poor, poor thing!!

WarahGirl1995
06-04-2006, 10:05 PM
i dont understand why poeple hurt animals either, that poor dog.....is the dog a girl or a boy ? do you have a name for her/ he :confused:

ashleycat
06-05-2006, 09:31 AM
YOU BET IM MICHEAL KENNEDY JUST KILLED HIS DOG BUT I KNOW HE WAS CRAZY BUT MY BROTHER SAT NEXT TO HIM IN 7TH GRADE
huh :confused: