PDA

View Full Version : The freakiest thing happened...

sparks19
06-02-2006, 10:48 PM
I took Teddy out for a run tonight after dark and we were having a good time playing fetch. All of a sudden he dropped the ball and was acting wierd. he was trying to sniff at something he was unsure about. It was dark so I couldn't see anything but suddenly something scurries off with Teddy following. Now I am FREAKING out. I don't know what this thing is and my worst thought are 1) something with rabies or 2) one of the baby raccoons with mother not far behind.

So I managed to get Teddy away from this thing after he had cornered it. I leash him up to the swing set and I get out my tiny little red flashlight and go to find out what this thing is. I approached very slowly so as not to spook it. When I found it, it was......

a Bird. A grackle (sp?) to be exact lol. it must have been wounded because it had been on the ground down in a bit of a hole when Teddy found it. I managed to scoot him out of the park and safely out of reach of the dog.

I am very surprised Teddy didn't snatch it up. I thought for sure he would accidently crush it with his jaws or start swinging it around and kill it. But he just followed along behind it sniffing the whole way lol. He didn't know what to think of this thing

lute
06-02-2006, 10:50 PM
maybe he wanted to help the little bird! :D

sparks19
06-02-2006, 11:21 PM
maybe he wanted to help the little bird! :D

LOL I think he was trying to get it to Play lol and whenever it would move he would jump back and then run up to it again lol BOY was he upset when I removed him from the vacinity of the bird lol. he HOWLED like crazy. :rolleyes:

Karen
06-02-2006, 11:48 PM
He was saying "BUT MOM! I was just making a new friend! Honest! Lemme go find him, PLEEEESE?"

Thanks for getting Mme Grackle away.

sparks19
06-02-2006, 11:51 PM
He was saying "BUT MOM! I was just making a new friend! Honest! Lemme go find him, PLEEEESE?"

Thanks for getting Mme Grackle away.

LOL trust me he really did want to go find the bird lol. he would NOT leave the fence unless I enticed him with his favourite toy lol.

The bird was trying to get through the holes in the chain link fence but was too big. so I scooted him gently in the butt until he found the little opening between the fencing lol.