PDA

View Full Version : Keep your fingers crossed for me!

allmypets615
06-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Hello all,
I was "just looking" on petfinder for collies and I came across a collie that would not leave my mind. There were so many beautiful collies, but I kept coming back to a dog named Jackson..he is blind. I wrote to the person in charge to see if he is still there. I hope he is. Maybe this is finally my collie I have been waiting for a very long time. This place is in NC and it said in the ad they are ok with out of state adoptions! I'm ok with a road trip..I love road trips! It's not THAT bad..about 500 miles :eek:, but I think my husband can handle it..lol It can be my birthday present!
Missy

lute
06-02-2006, 08:00 PM
GOOD LUCK! is this the collie you are talking about?-
http://wwww.petfinder.com/fotos/NC70/NC70.6015662-2-x.jpg
he's really cute! 500miles is a piece of cake compared to the trip corinna made to adopt Tyson.lol

allmypets615
06-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Oh yes! Isn't he beautiful!?!

Toby's my baby
06-02-2006, 08:02 PM
He's adorable (if that is him)!!! I hope you can convince your husband to take the trip (if you haven't already ;) ) Good luck!

k9krazee
06-02-2006, 08:03 PM
He is GORGEOUS! Good luck! :D

lisahumphreys882
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
He's so cute! :)

Roxyluvsme13
06-02-2006, 08:09 PM
He's stunning! Good Luck! :)

allmypets615
06-02-2006, 08:27 PM
I hope this person gets back to me soon..I am trying to not look at my email every 5 seconds! LOL! I got a new message and got all excited. It was about something stupid.
When I get him, I am going to take him to my vet, make sure all is well, then I can take him to my job, I work at a grooming place. He will be most beautiful all the time :D
Thanks for shareing in my excitment..its very similar to waiting for the new baby!LOL
Missy

BC_MoM
06-02-2006, 09:08 PM
I absolutely LOVE Collies. One of my dogs is a BC x Collie.

It's nice to know such a caring person is willing to adopt a dog with no vision. Most people would just walk right on by.

Good luck! I hope he is available and that you two (and your husband) get to spend many happy years together! :)

buttercup132
06-02-2006, 09:14 PM
WOW!!!

I can see why you cant stop looking at hiim and cant get your mind off him!
He's absolutly amazing. Please keep us updated!!

allmypets615
06-03-2006, 09:49 AM
I showed the picture to my husband last night when he came home from work. He said "oh wow" I know he thought he was a nice looking dog too. I told him he was blind since birth, and he was a little concerned at that. I told him he will do fine once he gets used to the layout of the house and our routine. I sprung it on him that he was in North Carolina and he didn't blow a fit...I feel it is safe to say if I am approved, I'll get my mini road trip AND my collie. :D :D
Thank you for positive thoughts ;) I thought the same thing about how someone will see him, read about him up to the blind part then go on to the next one. I can't walk away from that. I understand what it is to be overlooked because of this disability. I myself am legally blind in one eye, no vision in the other.This collie carries within him something most unique and special. I'll bet he "sees" with his heart and not is eyes-just as I do. :cool: :D
Missy

Alysser
06-03-2006, 10:03 AM
He's stunning! Alot of blind dogs just need a little more time to adjust to their surroundings then other dogs. I'm sure he'll be perfectly content once he's settled in. Good luck to you! :)

zoomer
06-03-2006, 12:03 PM
Wow he is beautiful! Good luck!

Spiritwind
06-05-2006, 06:36 PM
He is a very beautiful boy! Hopefully it all works out! You sound like a great home for him!!

Collies are great dogs.....

Janna