PDA

View Full Version : Gina's Ark update

Karen
06-02-2006, 03:05 PM
I just spoke to Gina (IP relay phone thing) and she asked me to update you all. Star, Zephyra and Midnight are the only ones still missing. Ocean and Miles were the ones who got punctured by wood when the apartment collapse happened. Miles is still in the ICU, and may not make it, as both lungs were punctured. Ocean, however, is ready to come home, so she'll go get him once she's back in Rochester.

"Where is she?" you ask? Yesterday a friend gave her and the kitties a ride to a friend's home in Williamsport, PA. The kitties are staying there for now, Gina's on her way back to Rochester via bus (with Crayola, of course). Even if she had a car, she is temporarily unable to drive, as she broke her right ankle when reaching up to rescue Shaddow - Gina was on the stairs, and twisted and broke her ankle, but she got Shaddow and is safe, anyway.

(An aside - sheesh - Gina's on crutches, Paul's on crutches, Crayola and I at least are walking normally! Gina said Crayola was at first unsure of the crutches, but adjusted quickly, and has been a very, very good boy.)

She doesn't know what shape the apartment will be in when she gets back, as the landlord is not good at checking or sending email.

Gina thanks everyone for their prayers.

(This is a cross post from the thread in General (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=105937) )

Catty1
06-02-2006, 04:43 PM
THANK YOU, Karen!

I hope she gets a better place to live...and that her three furbabies come home.

It's a miracle already that "only" three are still missing - but you know what I mean!

Gary - get the Pet Angel Squad!

hugs
Catty1

catmandu
06-02-2006, 06:22 PM
We Are Praying That Somehow Either Those Three Cats Can Be Returned,or That They Have Found A New Furr Ever Home With Kind People Who Will Love Them.
We Are Praying For Gina, And Her Cats.

trayi52
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the update, Karen. Still sending prayers to Gina and all the cats. Glad that only three still are missing and trying to make their way home, hopefully. Just thankful that she has some of them back, I know she must be very thankful for that.

Willie

kitimom
06-02-2006, 09:38 PM
Will still send prayers for Gina and the fur babies to be ok. I especially will pray real hard for the little one with the punctured lungs. Sending love and prayers!!!

Sevaede
06-02-2006, 10:26 PM
Tell Gina that she and her furbabes are in my thoughts constantly. I would offer help but I don't know what I could do. :( Good vibes and hugs her way!

Thank you for updating us! :)

Corinna
06-02-2006, 11:19 PM
Ok tell her That the bubble wrap is being ordered . Prayers going out for her Ark.

smokey the elder
06-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Poor Gina. I think she's the reincarnation of Job. I hope things start picking up for her.

luvofallhorses
06-03-2006, 07:50 AM
thanks for the update, Karen. She and the ark are still in my thoughts and prayers.

rosethecopycat
06-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Wishing and praying for the restoration of the Ark, and health and safety for all.

shihtzulover850
06-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the update! hope she gets better!

Russian Blue
06-03-2006, 01:40 PM
I've been offline, but I can't believe what I just read. Poor Gina and furkids. :( I can't even imagine everything that she is going through.

catlover4ever
06-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Karen thanks for the update. Again if there is anything that Gina needs, let me know.

furrykidsmother
06-04-2006, 09:58 AM
Prayers and good thoughts to Gina and her Ark.

lizbud
06-04-2006, 10:41 AM
Karen,

How can an apartment collapse ? :confused: Did she have a break in?
I do hope she finds a safer place to stay.Do you know if she has family
or close friends who can find a safer enviroment for her & the animals?

Seems she's long overdue for some better luck.

catmandu
06-04-2006, 11:05 AM
An Apartment Can And Will Collapse If The Owners Do Not Do Proper Maitenance.
My Friend Christine Has Has A Lot Of Water Damge, And Plaster Coming Loose, As There Are So Many Landlords Who Only Care About The Rent Coming In, And Not The Repairs.
We Are Praying For Gina, To Get Well And To Find A Better Place For Her Cats, And Herself.

Abby&Buddy'sMom
06-07-2006, 07:34 PM
we too are praying that Gina and the missing Ark kitties are all ok. thanks for the update :)

rg_girlca
06-07-2006, 08:26 PM
My gosh, if it doesn't rain, it pours for this poor girl. :(

Gina, how I pray that this is the last disaster for you and that nothing but good comes along for you and your ark from here on in.

((((((HUGS)))))) dear girl.

barncat
06-18-2006, 02:49 PM
Although I don't post alot, I care about the people/pets I read about.... Gina's situation haunts me. I know how I would feel if it were my guys. I have not been on the computer for awhile and may have missed an update...

How is Gina? How are her little ones?
I am wishing her and them the best....

CultureJunky
06-18-2006, 02:59 PM
I wish Gina all the best and thanks for updating us. She's in my thoughts and prayers and tell her that Jack & Sunny send paws and hugs!

momcat
06-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Oh no! This is truly a nightmare come true! I haven't been able to visit PT or stay on very long because of a problem with my vision. My heart is breaking into a zillion pieces for Gina and her beautiful kitties. Karen, has she contacted the Housing Authority in the town where the collapsed apartment is? Maybe they can offer some answers for this tragedy. It's also good to know that there is an investigation going on. There must have been some serious code violations for this to happen. Gina and her kitties remain in my prayers.

orangemm
06-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Gina has had so much upheaval in her life recently; I hope she is doing all right and that her babies continue to improve. I'll keep her first in my prayers. :(

sandragonfly
06-20-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm back, (new thread in general) (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=107147).

thanks everyone. (((hugs)))

edit ~ bumping this up, nobody have to worry anymore!