PDA

View Full Version : Adopting a new kitty

may51380
06-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Hi all,
Had a question about adopting a new kitty. There is a shelter in my town that has 50 kitten they need to find homes for. (was on the news last night) I already have 3 cats, 2 females and 1 male. Was just wondering if there would be a difference in getting another female/male? Does it really matter the sex of the kitten? Going to see them tomorrow, CAN"T WAIT!!

Janine

jenluckenbach
06-02-2006, 03:13 PM
My first instict would be to get a male. On the average, females are the more dominant and males are the most likely to get along with other cats of either sex.

These are just generalizations though, each cat has his or her own persnoality.

Good luck with your choice. :)

NKBurlington
06-02-2006, 03:32 PM
We have three boys and one girl. The girl gets along just fine with her step brothers.

I think it depends on the cat you will be bringing into the home. If you can, find out if she/he gets along with other cats. That's what we did and it worked out just fine as the new girl was not bothered with the others at all.

Sevaede
06-02-2006, 11:14 PM
My first instict would be to get a male. On the average, females are the more dominant and males are the most likely to get along with other cats of either sex.

These are just generalizations though, each cat has his or her own persnoality.

Good luck with your choice. :)

I agree. Isis had a little more difficulty accepting the foster but even she likes Lily now.