PDA

View Full Version : MRI results...

moosmom
06-02-2006, 01:08 PM
Although it's not official yet, since I haven't heard from my doctor, working at a hospital DOES have it's perks, even if it's only a temp job.

My supervisor looked up the MRI report and it's negative for any mass or tumor. Sinuses and canals are clear.

While I say WOOHOO, we're really back to square one because I still don't have a reason WHY I'm having a hearing problem in my right ear. That is unless it's from age :rolleyes: . Why can't I have the good looks, money and brains like the rest of my family????? Instead I get high cholesterol (264 :eek: with the LDL being 167 :eek: don't worry I'm going to my GP tomorrow for cholesterol meds AND to have him change my anti-depressant), grey hair, bad hearing, crunching knees and a body like the old Anna Nicole Smith (my doctor said I'm in perfect health except for my cholesterol and the fact that I COULD use to lose 30-40 lbs).

*sigh* Oh well. Onto the next round of tests before my benefits run out. *sigh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

davidpizzica
06-02-2006, 01:24 PM
Although it's not official yet, since I haven't heard from my doctor, working at a hospital DOES have it's perks, even if it's only a temp job.

My supervisor looked up the MRI report and it's negative for any mass or tumor. Sinuses and canals are clear.

While I say WOOHOO, we're really back to square one because I still don't have a reason WHY I'm having a hearing problem in my right ear. That is unless it's from age :rolleyes: . Why can't I have the good looks, money and brains like the rest of my family????? Instead I get high cholesterol (264 :eek: with the LDL being 167 :eek: don't worry I'm going to my GP tomorrow for cholesterol meds AND to have him change my anti-depressant), grey hair, bad hearing, crunching knees and a body like the old Anna Nicole Smith (my doctor said I'm in perfect health except for my cholesterol and the fact that I COULD use to lose 30-40 lbs).

*sigh* Oh well. Onto the next round of tests before my benefits run out. *sigh* :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Aw, Donna you're still beautiful to me! This coming from a diabetic, one eye, artifical kneed, 58 y.o.!

caseysmom
06-02-2006, 01:34 PM
You look very pretty to me also Donna, don't forget beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

moosmom
06-02-2006, 02:37 PM
:rolleyes: Aw shucks guys. Thanks! :D

Barbara
06-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Donna I agree: you have good looks and I don't have the slightest doubt in your brains- and good hearing is nothing you can see when people look at you ;)

moosmom
06-02-2006, 02:53 PM
good hearing is nothing you can see when people look at you

Except when you're trying to read lips!! :p

Karen
06-02-2006, 04:46 PM
Trust me, sweetie, one ear not working can be convenient at times! That's where you put annoying people, though you'll notice at Pet Talk gatherings, I keep "that ear" - also my right - toward the wall, so I can hear everyone!

Did you do the clickety-click test yet?

slick
06-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Count your blessings Donna!
A friend/coworker of mine has some relatives in Indonesia and they got hit hard by the earthquake. They lost everything of the little they had. They are now living in a tent pitched at the side of the road, but they are happy they survived.

Kind of puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

DJFyrewolf36
06-02-2006, 05:10 PM
No matter how bad it gets...you're still awake, aware and alive...and to me anyhow...thats the important part :D

I try to see the good side of everything lol :D

cyber-sibes
06-02-2006, 11:18 PM
GLad to hear the results were clean for anything nasty. If misery loves company, then move over, 'cos my right ear doesn't work so well anymore either, for no good reason. :rolleyes: I think we're pretty close in age, so maybe it's a "in your 50's" thing. :confused:

CultureJunky
06-03-2006, 06:40 AM
Glad to hear your results were negative and there is nothing wrong with you!
That's great news...and you are lovely, everybody on PT is lovely.
I think the love of animals in our lives makes us better brighter and nicer looking people! :)

Pam
06-03-2006, 07:32 AM
Aw, Donna you're still beautiful to me! This coming from a diabetic, one eye, artifical kneed, 58 y.o.!

David, I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud! Actually laughter is the best medicine so thanks for that and I bet Donna agrees!

Donna I'm glad that nothing scary was seen on your MRI. As a patient said to me yesterday at work, growing old is the better of the two options we have, if you get my drift. :p Each day we wake up alive is a blessing. :)

davidpizzica
06-03-2006, 08:02 AM
David, I am sorry but this made me laugh out loud! Actually laughter is the best medicine so thanks for that and I bet Donna agrees!

Donna I'm glad that nothing scary was seen on your MRI. As a patient said to me yesterday at work, growing old is the better of the two options we have, if you get my drift. :p Each day we wake up alive is a blessing. :)
It's all right. I love to kid Donna by saying "Donna, between you hearing with one ear and me seeing (for right now) with one eye that between the two of us we have one good body"!

carole
06-03-2006, 02:49 PM
David you have a wonderful sense of humour, and what a great mate you are.
Donna glad to hear the results are all good, but hey i know how you feel sometimes, getting older sucks now and then,but still you have all of us,now does that not cheer ya a little lol. :D

moosmom
06-05-2006, 07:24 AM
Anyday above the ground is a GOOD day! :D

ramanth
06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
Donna, I'm so glad the MRI was negative. I understand how frustrating it can be to have something not working quite right and not knowing why!

*HUGS*

Good luck!