PDA

View Full Version : Found Cats Are In Danger!!please Pray!!!

catmandu
06-02-2006, 08:29 AM
As I Have Heard That I Am Going To Be Reported To The Spca For Having Too Many Cats.
I Dont Know If Its The Neighbors Who Assume That The Porchies Are My Cats, Or A Paranoid Woman Who Thinks That I Have Done Something To Hurt Her.
Which I Havent.
Please Pray That Letters Of Recommendation From My Vet,and The Animal Welfare Keep Me From Losing My Cats.
And Enough Of The 14 Hide So My Claims Of 8 Are Believed.
I Am Heartsick Thinking I Might Lose A Friend.
Noone Else Will Care For Them.
The Shelter Is So Crowded They Will Be Pts If They Are Picked Up.

Catty1
06-02-2006, 08:47 AM
OH Gary - I am sure the vet's letter will help a lot!

You take better care of your many babies than some people take care of ONE!

Prayers are coming your way.

You have many good friends in the Animal Welfare area, and they will back you 150% I am sure.

HUGS HUGS HUGS
Catty1

moosmom
06-02-2006, 08:50 AM
Oh Gary :( If you need a recommendation from me, let me know. You've got alot of support here on PT and we'll do all we can to see that the porchies stay where they are!! How about a petition? It might help if you can get your neighbors (the ones who are in support of you caring for the porchies) to sign the petition in support of the porchies. Will a petition from the members of PT help??? I can always write one up for you.

Let me know what I can do to help honey.

catmandu
06-02-2006, 08:57 AM
My neighbors wouldnt sign a petition as most of them are the people who let thier Cats run loose in the first place.
A petition from PTS would give me moral support but as you are far away, wouldnt sway the SPCA.
Its the Vets and Animal Welfares letter, and the Vet records and the health of the Found Cats that will win.
It all started when I needed people to watch the house when I was in the Hospital.
I am sorry I ever let these people in, as they have started so much trouble.
I wish I had never let myself be admitted to that Damned Hospital.
Please Pray Hard for My Friends.

Queen of Poop
06-02-2006, 09:10 AM
Prayers for you, the kitties and the people who are in judgement of you, that they see things the "right" way.

Donnaj4962
06-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Oh Gary, I am sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with your neighbors. Mnay prayers coming your way that everything will work out!

I am certain that the ASPCA and a letter from your vet will be helpful! Where would all of these cats be if not for you? I would hate to think!

Good luck, and keep us posted!

Please do not be so hard on yourself! Your health needed to be taken care of, and asking someone to come in and look after your loved ones was you looking out for your babies. You only did what you should have done. I get so upset with people who stick their noses in where they do not belong and try to cause problems for others before they even know the whole story!

Lobodeb
06-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Prayers on the way to you, Gary. If only the SPCA knew the good you are doing. Hopefully, the letter from the vet will help.

Do you know when they're coming? Can you ask a friend to take a few of the cats while they do their visit? Just random thoughts.

Karen
06-02-2006, 09:18 AM
You'll be in our prayers.

Sonia59
06-02-2006, 09:29 AM
Gary, I think that if you can show that the cats are all well fed, have clean environnment (litter boxes, etc...), have regular vet checking, it should be OK isn't it? You should not be afraid of a control, if someone complained SPCA just wants to check. I understand what you feel, but none of your cats are starving or have untreated diseases...

I don't think I can be of help, but if it is the case you also have my support.
Take care

moosmom
06-02-2006, 09:38 AM
I wish I had never let myself be admitted to that Damned Hospital

Gary, YOUR health comes first, sweetheart. Afterall, if YOU get sick, who will take care of all the porchies?? So stop being so hard on yourself. You'll beat this. Why can't neighbors mind their own business sometimes?? As my Dad always said, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". That means unless the porchies are being neglected or abused, why start trouble???

I'm with you 100% pal. You need ANY help, you let me or one of us here know. We are here for you!!

(((((((((HUGS))))))))

Thoughts and prayers on the way. Keep us posted!

Mad Mags Moo
06-02-2006, 10:29 AM
Thinking of you Gary and those very lucky porchies......you are a god send Gary. Just wish I lived near to you so I could help out.
Take care
Purrs and kisses to you from my girls Bubble and Squeak xx

catlover4ever
06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Definately sending lots of prayers for you and the Found Cats.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Oh Gary :( If you need a recommendation from me, let me know. You've got alot of support here on PT and we'll do all we can to see that the porchies stay where they are!! How about a petition? It might help if you can get your neighbors (the ones who are in support of you caring for the porchies) to sign the petition in support of the porchies.

That is a great idea!!

Will a petition from the members of PT help???
I would be most willing to write a letter to the SPA! Maybe someone here can write a good letter, post it here, and we copy it and send it to the society! Their mailbox will overflow :p

Let us know what we can do to help [/QUOTE]

Sara luvs her Tinky
06-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Prayers on the way Gary for you and the found cats!!!

Please keep us posted.. and if more recommedation letters will help...i'll be happy to write one!! :)

AbbyMom
06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
You and your found cat herd have my prayers, too. It would probably help if a friend could "borrow" some for a while... ;)

caseysmom
06-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Gary I am so sorry that a vindicative mean hearted person has done this to you. You know the saying "the more I know people the more I like my cat"
that really pertains here doesn't it?

Hopefully they are just trying to scare you for some reason and they don't really call. Is there a rescue group that you can say you are affiliated with? I think there would be an exception to how many you have if you do rescue.

catnapper
06-02-2006, 12:18 PM
I am so sorry! Prayers that this has a positive outcome!!!

BigB_Kittys
06-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Gary,

I'm very sorry to hear that this is happening to you and hope that things will work out. Gary and I are both from Hamilton and our city has a strict by-law about the number of pets you can have. They only allow two, though many people have more than two pets. My neighbour had more than two pets in her apartment and one of the tenants complained. That is how my mom and I ended up adopting Snowball and Rocky. I know that the law is meant to protect animals from owners who don't get their cats fixed and who end up with 60 cats like one stupid person in Hamilton did a few years ago. But in Gary's case his cats are fixed and well looked after, but the law makes no distinction.

Hopefully letters from Animal Welfare and Gary's veterinarian will be enough to sway the powers who be at city hall and the HSPCA.

Brian

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 12:54 PM
That is terrible! {{{{prayers}}}}

Jessika
06-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Aren't they technically just "strays" that you have been feeding??

Well... nevermind, that definition alone to the ASPCA basically determines that if you are feeding them and caring for them, you own them.

I hope whoever is this mean spirited will realize what they have done nad you will not have any of your kitties taken from you!!

kuhio98
06-02-2006, 01:09 PM
Prayers and Purrs from me and Bobcat and the Alaskan kitties. :D

kb2yjx
06-02-2006, 01:29 PM
GARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!MEGA PRAYERS for you and ALL the cats!!!!! Sandra

K & L
06-02-2006, 01:42 PM
Grrrrrr what is wrong with people? Here's a caring person taking care of what no one else cares to and they have to do this. I wish you the best here and that all works out for you and the precious kitties. Things like this just really stir me up!

NKBurlington
06-02-2006, 01:47 PM
If a petition is the way to go, a free one can be set up at www.Petitiononline.com

I'm hoping the Found Cats accross the Bay will be with you always!

Lizzie
06-02-2006, 01:53 PM
I'm very sorry you are going through this trauma, Gary, and hope most sincerely that you come through it okay.

The same thing nearly happened to me about 15 years ago, when where I live had a strict code for the number of pets you could have in a home. Like you, I was being reported by a neighbor. In my case, I think it was because I'd kept asking them when they would take their limping outdoor cat to the vet. I ended up taking their cat to the vet and paying for the surgery. When I found out they were reporting me for having 8 cats in my home (a 5 bed, 3 bath, family home that has loads of space for 8 cats), I asked the vet if he could help. He was very encouraging, saying that as far as he was concerned the cat I'd brought in was a stray with a week-old injury, fleas, worms, ear-mites, poor coat etc. It felt so very good to have someone on my side. So, I faced my neighbor and told them if they reported me, I'd report them for pet neglect and my vet would be an expert witness.

I didn't get a visit from Animal Control, but the neighbors retaliated by spreading rumors in the neighborhood that I stole other people's cats and had them all incarcerated in my home. I still remember the day that I was in my garage and about to do some gardening when a woman came storming up my drive shouting at me that I'd stolen her cat. She tried to force her way into my home and I had to stand in the doorway with my arms out telling her I'd charge her with assault if she touched me. I kept telling her that I had no desire to steal anyone's cat, I had my own to take care of, etc. She obviously believed the rumor more than what I said, but she left.

I remember that period very well as being a terrible one to live through. For one thing, the people accusing me were born-in-the-USA'ians and I'm a long-time resident alien so I knew they'd be believed rather than me. And then, to feel that my neighbors were not friends after all. I was anxious all the time, wondering if someone would call the authorities on me or if someone would break into my home while I was at work.

What an awful thing to happen right in the middle of your enjoyment of opening up your new porch! Please keep us posted so that we can offer our support.

It made me think of the old witch hunts.

catmandu
06-02-2006, 02:09 PM
I Have Called The Spca, And They Are Sending An Inspector Around.
And If The 8 Cats That Are Here Are Safe, Healthy And Up To Date With Thier Shots All Will Be Fine.
The 4 Are Going To Be Boarded By My Vet, So They Can Get Thier Shots Up To Date.
If I Can Catch Them.
This Way I Have Beaten The Black Mailer To The Punch.
They Dont Take Cats That Are Healthy Anymore.
Prayers Are Still Very Welcome.
I Thank You For Yor Support.
Please Dont Email Anyone, I Will Try It My Way First.

jenluckenbach
06-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Gary, I am just seeing this now and a MILLION prayers are coming your way.

I fear that sometimes the law is the law (no matter how stupid) but hopefully you will, by the grace of God, be inspected by a kindly person, not a "stickler".

BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!

caseysmom
06-02-2006, 02:26 PM
Good thinking Gary, sounds like you are handling it the best way. Can your vet set up traps for the other 4?

rg_girlca
06-02-2006, 02:27 PM
Oh Gary, fingers, toes and paws crossed here that all will go well with the inspection and MEGA PRAYERS on the way also.

Would the Animal Welfare be able to say that you are a foster home for some of them and you can pick out which cats are "supposedly" fosters.

This is the one thing that I fear also, is someone reporting that I have 6 cats and a dog, as the law here is only 3 animals per household.

moosmom
06-02-2006, 02:34 PM
What I don't get is the laws are VERY screwed up. Punish the people who DON'T take care of their pets, let them roam, don't fix them, dump them, etc. Don't punish the ones that do the right thing, like Gary. It just plaint sucks. :(

kitimom
06-02-2006, 02:49 PM
Oh Gary!!! This is so upsetting. You bet your bippy that you got our prayers going out to you and yours that things will go in your favor!!!!

Lizzie
06-02-2006, 03:05 PM
That is good, Gary, that you are being pro-active. It makes you feel more positive and gives you a better fighting chance. Best wishes on catching the Catmandu Four and getting them to a safe hideaway, and on a smooth inspection. Your neighbors will be upset that their self-righteous attack did not work.

CultureJunky
06-02-2006, 03:31 PM
That's it Gary, be positive, take a full on positive approach and I'm sure you'll get through...If I lived in Canada I'd help you I really would. My best wishes and thoughts and Jack & Sunny are with you, and I will pray that you get through and everything turns out fine...
Even when things are tough, just remember what doesn't kill you makes you stronger..keep your head up and you'll beat them Gary.

elmolly
06-02-2006, 03:43 PM
I am sending prayers up for your kitty friends

Gin
06-02-2006, 03:58 PM
I just saw this thread now and read it. Gary, it sounds like you are doing everything right, and I'm sure things will turn out well. PLEASE keep us informed as to how things are going!

christa
06-02-2006, 04:52 PM
Oh Gary, I am so sorry that this is happening! I hope that it all turns out! My thoughts are with you and the Found Cats! Please keep us updated!!!

doolittleky
06-02-2006, 05:21 PM
Gary,
I will pray for you and the found cats to be able to stay together and not get separated. I am so sorry this is happening to you.
melissa

jazzcat
06-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Gary, I'm so sorry. You can bet I will be praying for you and the Found Cats.

I think your plan sounds like a good one, best of luck!

catmandu
06-02-2006, 06:14 PM
I Think I May Have Paniced As The Senior Cats Are Already Registered.
She Called Me Back, And Read The Names Off, And 6 Cats Are Already On File There.
All I Have To Do Is Add The New Cats.
I Am Going To Get The New Ones On The Porch, And Catch Them There.
I Am Sorry If I Upset Anyone.
I Am Old And Forgetful.

jenluckenbach
06-02-2006, 06:19 PM
Don't appologize. As long as things work out, that is all that matters. keep us posted.

Daisy and Delilah
06-02-2006, 08:48 PM
Gary, In my opinion, nothing bad should ever happen to you and your undieing efforts to give those cats a loving home. I will be praying that everything turns out well for you. You are one in a million. If there's anything I can do to help you, please PM me right away. Please give all the cats extra kisses tonight from me. They're a very fortunate group of kitties to have a Dad like you :) Of course, they already know that don't they?

Sevaede
06-02-2006, 10:37 PM
You have my and Troys support! If there's anything we can do, just let us know!

ChrisH
06-03-2006, 09:51 AM
Oh, Gary. :( Prayers and positive thoughts on the way.
{{hugs}}

momoffuzzyfaces
06-03-2006, 06:00 PM
I just saw this but prayers are flying from me too!!! :(

Probably some of the ones who are causing the trouble are the very ones whose cats you are helping. :(

orangemm
06-05-2006, 04:38 AM
Gary, no one else could be as sensitive, loving and caring as you are for your Found Cats and the Porchies. SOMEONE obviously didn't have enough trouble to get into, so they decided to stir some up for you.

Thank goodness you took matters into your own hands! Standing up for yourself and your babies was the way to go.

I'm just sorry that you had to waste precious time worrying about your animals.

I always keep you and your sweeties in my prayers.

Don't let them get you down..........

Barbara
06-05-2006, 04:53 AM
Gary they should support you for your work and not getting you into trouble.
The whole community is lucky they have you- because your cats are spayed and well-fed. :)

Randi
06-05-2006, 06:51 AM
Oh Gary, what nasty neighbors you have! :mad: :( I really hope it'll all work out and you can keep your gang, you are the best to care for them!

Sending lots positive thoughts. Keep fighting! :)

Kirsten
06-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Oh Gary, I'm so sorry that this happened to you! I totally agree with Barbara and the others here who say they should support you instead of causing you any trouble!

I hope all this turns out well, please keep us updated!!!

Kirsten