PDA

View Full Version : weaning kittens

lute
06-02-2006, 07:41 AM
sorry i havn't posted any more pics of the kittens. my camera broke. :( the kittens are 6 weeks old now! playing all the time, showing their personalities, etc. i have tried giving them watered down kitten food. they refuse to eat it and just go running to PiddyBob. she only lets them feed from her. i did get one of them to eat a little bit of a small can of wet food yesterday.

any tips on how to get them to eat solid food?

catmandu
06-02-2006, 08:38 AM
I Would Get The Baby Kitten Food From Royal Canin Which Is Almost Always Bargain Priced.
Thats What The Kitten Trio Got And They Loved It.
We Are Mmmmeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwing To Those Little Babies.

moosmom
06-02-2006, 08:53 AM
Get some quality canned kitten food and add a little water or KMR to it to soften it up. Put it in a saucer and put a little on your finger and give it to the kittens. Then put them up to the saucer. It's not a pretty sight, as they will get VERY messy. But it won't take them long to get the idea. Also make sure they have dry kitten food too along with plenty of water.

Good luck. Kittens are wonderful, aren't they!!!

lute
06-02-2006, 09:37 AM
thanks! i'll go buy some canned kitten food.

moosmom,they are great! i'm gonna miss the little buggers! i wish i could keep them, but they are both going to wonderful inside homes. they are being adopted together! :D they are leaving on the 14th. i'm gonna try to have my camera fixed and get more pics of them by then.

moosmom
06-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Great news AND great job to you!!!