PDA

View Full Version : Found some ratties!!! *Pics*

molucass
06-01-2006, 06:05 PM
I was looking on ratster.com, and finally found a breeder in South Carolina, that is just about 15-20 minutes from where we live... Rats are NOT common in South Carolina, and from what Ive seen not very many people are too fond of them, so I was really excited when I found her.

She had a litter born in March, and has 2 baby boys available. Her camera is not working, so she didn't have any current pictures of them, but here is the 2 she sent me from when they were 3 weeks old. ;D They are almost 12 weeks old now, so they are a bit bigger than they were here.

http://cyberpawz.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10018/normal_iomb3.jpg
This one is a black variberk.

http://cyberpawz.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10018/iomb2.jpg
This one is American blue. Though for some reason he looks agouti in the pic.

I sent her the questionnaire she asked us to fill out, and now I'm waiting to hear back from her to see if we can get these babies or not..

Also, she is calling them Damien and Mannix, and while those names are cute, we aren't that fond of them... Anyone have any name suggestions?

Chilli
06-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Fingers crossed that you get them! :D They are adorable!!!
I LOVE blue rats, They are my most favorite rattie color.
I hope to be able to buy a few rats from a breeder someday, but there are none around here that I know of... plus right now my hands are full with my three younger rats.
Good luck to you!!

lute
06-02-2006, 09:58 AM
awwwww!!!! they are so cute! good luck! :D

molucass
06-02-2006, 10:40 AM
I talked to her, we are definitely getting them!

Now I need name suggestions. :)

Previous male ratties I have had were:
Ilias, Squee, Smokey, Sinbad, Socrates (aka: Socky), Spencer, Sammy, Oliver, Dobby, Pippin, Moe, Ozzie, and Xander.

Miss Z
06-02-2006, 10:44 AM
I love the name Rascal for a rattie. When I was intent on getting a rat, I was going to call *him* Romulus. Turns out a found a cute little female black-hooded and fell in love, and she became Tia Maria (who is currently being a pain by jumping all over the keyboard as I type:p )

Chilli
06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Congratulations!! :D I can't wait to see more ratties on PT.
As for names....hmm... I'm really horrible when it comes to names.
I like the name Liam... probably because it was Ophelia's name before she ended up being a girl^^!

molucass
06-02-2006, 01:02 PM
The black boy is going to be "Black Jack Daniels". :)

We kind of would like to follow the "theme" of the alcohol..

Anyone know of any blue alcohol?? lol

Miss Z
06-02-2006, 01:19 PM

Themed like Tia Maria!:D

Don't know of any blue alcohol drinks, but here's some names under the alcohol theme...

Rum Runner
Fire Island Sunrise
Tio Pepe
Goombay Smash (I think this one may sometimes be blue actually)
Smirnoff

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 02:19 PM
I love the name Rascal for a rattie. When I was intent on getting a rat, I was going to call *him* Romulus. Turns out a found a cute little female black-hooded and fell in love, and she became Tia Maria (who is currently being a pain by jumping all over the keyboard as I type:p )
aww that must beso cute to see!!

molucass
06-02-2006, 03:21 PM
I used to have a female named Abbi that would sit on the keyboard... My other female Sara would do the same thing, but I can't seem to find the pic of her that I have.

I attached a picture of her and of a hairless male named Dobby.

Miss Z
06-02-2006, 03:27 PM
They are gorgeous, Abbi looks kind of like Tia! Tia was just watching me typing and decided to be a pain by jumping on it, lol she is naughty sometimes :o but then again I think all rats have little mischievous streaks in them ;) You are really lucky to be getting two gorgeous ratties!

k9krazee
06-02-2006, 03:38 PM
How exciting!! They are both very cute!

molucass
06-02-2006, 06:40 PM
http://cyberpawz.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10018/IM000562.jpg
This is their dad. He's HUGE!

http://cyberpawz.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10018/IM000459.jpg
http://cyberpawz.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10018/Evosnooze.jpg
This is their mom! She's adorable.

Chilli
06-02-2006, 06:42 PM
No wonder they are so adorable, look at their parents!! They are gorgeous! :D

lute
06-02-2006, 07:56 PM
i love the name Black Jack Daniels. not sure of any blue alcohol. all i drink is Jack on the rocks.

Roxyluvsme13
06-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Adorable!:D PT is making me want a rat now.. :p

lute
06-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Adorable!:D PT is making me want a rat now.. :p
DITTO! i never liked rats until i came to PT! now i research about them all the time and want a couple someday. :D

Sevaede
06-02-2006, 11:46 PM

Skyy?