PDA

View Full Version : Cat shows...

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I was just wondering I am not much of a cat person and don't know much about them so I was thinking do they have cat shows like a dog show except for cats? :p

Randy_K
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Of course. Both the Cat Fanciers' Association (CFA) and The International Cat Association (TICA) sponsor shows around the country. Check their websites for the show schedules. Perhaps there's one near you.

CFA: http://www.cfainc.org/

TICA: http://www.tica.org/

catmandu
06-01-2006, 05:20 PM
Cat Shows Are Greeeat.
You Have A Lot Of Purebred Cats, Some People Showing Thier Pets, And Some Great Homeless Cats,which Is How I Got John Hancock, And The Late Bj.
And There Are Vendors Tables With Toys, Beds And Sales Reps With Thier Food And Show Deals.
You Have To Go Where There Are So Many Cat Lovers Under One Roof.

RedHedd
06-01-2006, 06:19 PM
Cat shows are a BLAST! Check the meetings section of PT to see if a group near you are going to one. I've met many local PT'ers this way.

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Oh that is really cool!!! :D I will definetly check! thanks!! :D

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 11:20 AM
I just checked and there is going to be one in my town! :D How much does it normally cost to get in one?

Randy_K
06-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Depends on the venue how much the admission is - how much it cost for rental of the location drives the price. The most I've paid here in the Los Angeles area is $6 but the free cat food and give-aways make up for the admission price.

Some of the shows here have 300 to 400 cats on show from the best of a breed to ordinary house cats. We took a European guest to one of the shows and she was amazed at how many breeds there were and how different they were from each other. It's a great experience.

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 12:03 PM
In dog shows there are breed standards and qualifications. What about for cats do they have to meet standards??

RedHedd
06-02-2006, 12:21 PM
The admission price is usually less than $10 with discounts available - check the website for the group that's putting on the show. They will often give you $1 or $2 off just for printing out a coupon. Also the free samples will more than make up for the price of the show, however be forewarned that the prices on other pet-related items are so good at the shows that you WILL spend money on your animals. It's a good thing :) your cats will appreciate it!

shihtzulover850
06-02-2006, 12:28 PM
lol I don't have any cats. But maybe I will another time. I have seen some cute ones on Cat general and Cat of the day. But i don't my shih tzu doesn't like cats that much. I have also seen some at petsmart for adoption. I saw one in particular that I liked. Very cute. Thanks for all the tips!

catmandu
06-02-2006, 08:13 PM
To Have Your Cat Shown As A Pedigree, They Have To Be Registered.
But There Are Non Registered Cats As Well, And Its Fun To See A Family Show Off Thier Cat.