PDA

View Full Version : We went to....

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 12:31 PM
The vet and got a great deal!!! I am so happy!!! :D He was very proffesional and we got:

-amoxicillin for an infection Snuggles has (enough for 10 days)
-her anals expressed (or whatever you call it)
-Her heartworm preventative
-a heartworm check(she is negative :) )
-bordatella vaccine
-and a checkup

All for....... $57.00!!!! :D :D :D Yay! We had to wait for 2 hours to see him but it paid off. In the waiting room we saw:

-A yorkie
-2 chihuahuas(one was very feisty, so cute)
-a german shepherd
-a saint bernard
-a cairn terrier
- two labs a red and black (they were extrememly spoiled they begged for attention :rolleyes: )
-an adorable boxer puppy
-and a few cats

After that we went home and gave Snuggles a bath! :D

Flatcoatluver
06-01-2006, 12:36 PM
Good day for you, bad day for snuggles!!! That is a nice deal, we always spent over 400 for both dogs and all shots at the vet. :rolleyes: :eek:

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Oh yeah snuggles wasn't happy!!! :rolleyes: She was pretty mad. She wasn't the biggest fan of the vet or his assistant. :rolleyes:

Ginger's Mom
06-01-2006, 01:11 PM
Wow, that really is a good price for all of that. But that is an awful long wait. Oh well, I think if you give Snuggles some ice cream she will forgive you. ;)

zoomer
06-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Great day for your, horrible one for Snuggles!

If we went to the vet and got all of that stuff for our dogs it would cost $400 or more :eek:

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 02:09 PM
I know! I am glad we went there. We heard about it from a lady we ran into at petsmart. We got to talking and local vets came up in the conversation and she recommended him. It wasn't a boring wait though. There were all kinds of dogs there and I enjoyed it. :p There was a little chi pup there that was feisty. She was sitting next to the labs and one came to close and she growled and barked the cutest bark you have ever heard. The labs backed off. :p. I didn't know ice cream was okay for dogs though hhhhmmmm I know she would love to have some :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

IRescue452
06-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Our county vet costs about that much. Isn't it great! But he's a county vet and I won't trust him for non-routine things because I've seen bad results of the cheap care.

Edit: do you mean frosty paws? The lactose free dog ice cream? That's ok. I make Autumn frozen treats by mixing a little chicken gravy with water and freezing it. She loves her pup pops.

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh yes it is great!!! Were can you get frosty paws? And what about ice cream in general? Is it okay?

IRescue452
06-01-2006, 02:38 PM
I think our petsmart has them in a little freezer, I'm not sure about petco or petsuppliesplus. Walmart carries them. Some Pick'nSave stores have them. Check by the regular ice cream sections in your local stores. Regular ice cream can make dogs sick. I give Autumn a little bit of vanilla ice cream on occasion, but not enough that she has gotten sick yet.

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 02:41 PM
Okay next time we are at petsmart I will look for it! thanks :D

Kfamr
06-01-2006, 02:47 PM
I've always given my dogs icecream, of course not on a daily basis, but they still get vanilla on occasion.

Kiara got icecream almost everyday of our vacation. We made it a daily thing to visit the local Dairy Queen. She didn't get sick at all, not even a change in her stools.

Suppose it's different for some dogs, but icecream is A-OK for mine!

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 02:50 PM
hhhhhmmm I bet she enjoyed that vacation!!!! :D

Kfamr
06-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Forgot to add, I make my own frosty paws on occasion with low fat plain yogurt & mushed up banana. The dogs LOVE it! :)

lisahumphreys882
06-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I remember when I had to take Benji to the vet to get nutered and then I had to leave him there over night...I was so upset. :rolleyes: But it was fine when we picked him up. :) Veterinary bills are extremely expensive...good thing you got a deal.

lute
06-01-2006, 03:24 PM
wow! that was a good deal. i visit my vet so often he gives me good deals as well. Snuggles probably wants a little bit of a break after that exciting day!