PDA

View Full Version : YAY! Week 3..

Roxyluvsme13
06-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Week 3 of being Vegetarian! I actually find it incredibly easy, and have tried to convert my friends. One of my friends doesn't even like meat that much and she couldn't do it.. :rolleyes:. Just thought I would share my happiness. I'm actually starting to like the food more than regular meat. I love the chicken and veggie dogs, and the burgers are okay. Sorry, just sharing my happiness! :D

racing_gurl07
06-01-2006, 11:43 AM
Congrats Bri! I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work and heathly eating! :)

.sarah
06-01-2006, 11:48 AM
Wow, you already like fake meat? It took me months before I forgot the taste of real meat and fake meat tasted good :p

Good for you, I'm glad you're doing so good!

Word of caution, don't be pushy about converting people to vegetarianism. I had people do that to me and even though I'd thought about it my whole life when people were pushy towards me it just made me mad. Now that I am one I do try to get people to see where I am coming from, but I make sure I know how the person will react to a topic like that first. I don't want to upset anyone. I also try to get people to buy from local farmers if they must have meat, that way they aren't supporting cruelty.

Roxyluvsme13
06-01-2006, 11:52 AM
Wow, you already like fake meat? It took me months before I forgot the taste of real meat and fake meat tasted good :p

Good for you, I'm glad you're doing so good!

Word of caution, don't be pushy about converting people to vegetarianism. I had people do that to me and even though I'd thought about it my whole life when people were pushy towards me it just made me mad. Now that I am one I do try to get people to see where I am coming from, but I make sure I know how the person will react to a topic like that first. I don't want to upset anyone. I also try to get people to buy from local farmers if they must have meat, that way they aren't supporting cruelty.
Hehe. I dunno why I liked it so fast.. I'm still not too fond of veggie burgers, but I love the other stuff. I just tell my friends about the cruelty, because for one they make fun of me because of this saying that we're meant to eat meat, and all that sort of stuff. I just told a few friends from PT they should try it, and at least they attempted it! :p

shihtzulover850
06-01-2006, 11:57 AM
I have a friend who is vegetarian she is not pushy either. Not saying you are but she could care less if you were vegetatian. She is semi-vegetarian though she eats chicken and fish just not beef. :D

Miss Z
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Congratulations Bri! By now your body will be used to this new diet and it gets even easier from here :cool:

Flatcoatluver
06-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Congrats BRI!!! It so hard for the first month, it gets easier and easier!!!!

dogzr#1
06-01-2006, 01:17 PM
When you are a vegitarian, can you eat soy burgers? If you can then I think being a vegitarian will be easy because that's what they serve at my school and I like them! But I have to wait until i'm older because my mom wants me to get a little older and to finish growing first. Congrats again!

Roxyluvsme13
06-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah. Most of the stuff is made from soy. Amazingly I like most of it, too.. Haha. I'm still missing beef though.. but Chicken and Pork was really easy to switch from.

dogzr#1
06-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I don't like pork or chicken much, so I guess it will be pretty easy for me.

Pembroke_Corgi
06-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Great job! I'm glad you like being a vegetarian! :D