PDA

View Full Version : New to the boards

RobLynn
05-31-2006, 06:01 PM
Hello, I'm new to these message boards. It was suggested that I mention I have a cat health thread started, on this section. So I'll give that a plug too :)

I'm a 23 (24 in 7 days) year old guy from PA. I play guitar, study Judo and JuJitsu, and Aikido. I love my cats, and don't like anyone that mistreats an animal. I annoy mine sometimes, and mess with them, but never hurt them. I don't see how anyone could hurt a loving animal. It just makes me sick.

My interests are basically music, animals, fighting (not bar brawls, like competition) work and that's it. I've got 2 precious kitties

http://www.roblynn.org/images/tangerine.jpg
http://www.roblynn.org/images/sox.jpg

Tangerine is a tabby, that is a little over 6 years old.
Sox is a havana brown mix, that is right around 5 years old.

We adopted Tangerine one night, from my mother. My mother brought home this tiny little kitten, that looked half dead. My mother was a substance abuser, and couldn't care for a pet, let alone herself. I moved out when right before I turned 18, and took tangerine with me.

Sox was an abused cat. When we first got him as a kitten, kids were hitting him in an alley. He was afraid of anyone, and would poop himself if you went near him. We got him to become a loving cat that loves everyone. The breed is very unique. They are dog like in demeanor, and are very intellegent.

Sox has been having health problems lately, and is fighting for his little life. I just hope he gets better.

catmandu
05-31-2006, 06:15 PM
We Are Praying For Sox To Be Well.
And Children Are Cruel, If Noone Teaches Them Any Better.
My Dear Mother Taught Us To Respect All Gods Creatures, And Never To Cause Them Harm.
Welcome To Pet Talk, From Myself, The Found Cats, Porch Cats And All My Angel Cats.

RedHedd
05-31-2006, 06:17 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! Your kitties are so cute! Now I'm going to go over to the cat health forum and see what's up with y'all.

BTW - I LOVE orange kitties!

kb2yjx
05-31-2006, 06:30 PM
Welcome and thanks for sharing the photos of your cats!! LOVE THE ORANGEMAN!!!! Off to read the thread about Sox! Sandra

jenluckenbach
05-31-2006, 07:08 PM
A hearty welcome from a full fledged cat crazy lady. I have 20 cats in the house, 4 of which are fosters for a no-kill rescue group (who are turning into the "long-term type" fosters ;) ).

I did see your health thread but would like to add a few prayers here for the health of Sox.

jazzcat
05-31-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi and welcome to PT!

I have 5 cats (2 of which I adopted from a fellow PT member who does cat rescue).

Your kitties are adorable. I love Tangerine's name and Sox is GORGEOUS! I'm sorry to hear he is having health problems. I'm going to go read about it now.

Hope to see you and your kitties around.

RobLynn
06-01-2006, 02:08 AM
This is Tangerine before she started to eat everything in site.

http://www.roblynn.org/images/tangerine1.jpg

This is me

http://www.roblynn.org/images/rob2.jpg

Thanks to everyone for their support. I just came up to go to bed, and before bed I fed Sox again. From the time I picked up that cat food from the vet, (around 5PM) to now (3AM) he's gotten 1/2-2/3 of the can eaten. I'm going to stop by the vet and pick up a few more cans for him too.

CultureJunky
06-01-2006, 02:38 AM
Welcome to Pet talk!
Sorry to hear that sox is not well, but I'm sure with your care a recovery is just around the corner :)
Both your cats are beautiful, I have two cats, Jack and Sunny who were adopted from Cat's Protection in South Wales. You can see their pictures in my avatar though it's small. They have cat pages on catster if you would like to look (you must get pages for tangerine and sox if you can!) Though catster is down at the moment, I'll post their ID's here later for you to take a look.
That is very interesting that you study martial arts, I also do martial arts, I study Choi Kwang Do, and have done for the past eight years. Which is basically a striking art, no grappling (thankfully! lol)
Hope you and sox get well soon, and recuperate together.
Kate

kilbarchancats
06-01-2006, 02:40 AM
Good meow-rning and welcome to PT.

Max firstly would like to say hello to his new friends. They are just beautiful kitties. We are very sorry to hear that Sox is poorly and please keep us updated. We hope to hear that he is better v. v. soon.

Here's Max

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/kilbarchancats/maxwindowledge.jpg

And the blackies, his silly little sister and brother, Candy and Tom. They too list amongst their hobbies fighting (fur brawls though LOL)!! :D

(Miss Candy is on the left..)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/kilbarchancats/PICT0008.jpg

Here's Tom looking very serious when in fact he is the silliest boy imaginable!

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c145/kilbarchancats/PICT0002.jpg

Welcome again!! :)

Randi
06-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Welcome to PT, RobLynn! Tangerine and Sox are beautiful. :) With your care I hope Sox will feel better soon. :)

Sonia59
06-01-2006, 09:54 AM
Welcome to PT! Your cats are beautiful, and indeed, Sox is very unique! Only from the picture, I love him already :D

I haven't read your thread on Cat Health yet, but Peppito (8 year-old tabby), Jasmine (8 month-old blackie) and I and crossing all paws and fingers for Sox!

CultureJunky
06-01-2006, 11:55 AM
My cat's catster pages: Don't forget leave a treat! :D
Jack: www.catster.com/?313762.
Sunny: www.catster.com/?313764.

My now retired cat Doris: www.catster.com/?316110.

And their cousin (my Aunt's cat :) ) Mog: http://www.catster.com/pet_page.php?i=316278&j=t

critter crazy
06-01-2006, 12:05 PM
Welcome!! you have got two very cute kitties there!! I hope that sox gets well soon!! :)

Flatcoatluver
06-01-2006, 12:14 PM
Welcome to talkpets!! I will be praying for beautiful Sox.. Your furkids are adorble! I am Breanne and I have 3 cats, and many other animals you can read in my siggy.

catlover4ever
06-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk. Your kitties are adorable. I'm sorry to hear that Sox is not feeling well.

I have 8 kitties, 7 of which you can see in my signature and my 8th I have to add to it but I have not gotten around to it yet. Two of my kitties were adopted through a wonderful lady who is also a member of PT.

Hope Sox feels better soon and I hope to see more photos of Tangerine and Sox.

wolf_Q
06-01-2006, 02:07 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! You have beautiful cats, I especially love Sox...I've never seen a cat that looked like that, he's very handsome! I hope his health improves!

My name is Amy I'm almost 22 and I live in Utah with a wonderful 4 year old siberian husky named Nebo. :)

RobLynn
06-01-2006, 02:15 PM
Thank you everyone for your good wishes, and the support of my feline friends. You all have wonderful cats (Amy has a wonderful dog, I love huskies). I hate to say pet or whatever, because they are our companions but at the same time they are pets as well.

Anyway, thank you for the support.

Vermontcat
06-01-2006, 02:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk Rob, Tangerine & Sox! :)
Sox is such a handsome chocolate tuxedo cat!
Havana Browns are a beautiful breed, when I was a kid my cousins had a couple of them.
I hope that Sox feels better soon, it sounds like you are doing all you can to make him feel better.
There are other people here at Pet Talk who have been through similar things with their cats and they will help you out I'm sure.
How long have you been playing guitar?
My son just got his first guitar for Christmas, he loves it.

RobLynn
06-01-2006, 05:14 PM
I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now. How old is your son? The younger the better with guitar, they get good at a young age, and not discouraged. I wish I would have started a few years before I did :)

shais_mom
06-01-2006, 11:52 PM
welcome!

you have beautiful kitties

Kfamr
06-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Welcome!

I don't visit the cat section frequently as I'm "mom" to three wonderful rescued dogs. However, your beautiful Sox has caught my eye. What a gorgeous cat!

Nice guitar, too!

Hope you enjoy it here. :)

~Kay

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-02-2006, 03:09 AM
http://users.pandora.be/bernardgabriels/images/animatiesdrinkfonteinvogel.gif Welcome to the best pet-forum on earth!!

DJFyrewolf36
06-02-2006, 03:20 AM
Welcome to PT :-)

I'm Fyrewolf, and I'm owned by three kitties, Remus, Spook and Pandora. Glad to see you here!

orangemm
06-02-2006, 04:35 AM
Good morning and Welcome! PT is a wonderful place; people are so happy and anxious to share pictures and stories about their loved babies, ask questions, share joy and grief, and just 'hang out'.

Your cats are beautiful! Tangerine is so pretty and Sox just melts my heart. Please give both of them lots of scritches from me and my boys. I'll be praying for Sox's continued health improvement. It's so sad to see our little sweeties not feel well.

Keep us posted............

Vermontcat
06-02-2006, 01:13 PM
I've been playing guitar for about 10 years now. How old is your son? The younger the better with guitar, they get good at a young age, and not discouraged. I wish I would have started a few years before I did :)

You must be pretty good if you have been playing for 10 years now.
Do you have your own band?
My son will be turning 13 this month and we plan to get him an electric guitar to go with the acoustic one he got for Christmas.
He's a quick learner and has done really well with his guitar lessons.

I hope Sox is feeling better so we can see more photos of him and Tangerine here. :)