PDA

View Full Version : The Cats Who Came to Class!

Edwina's Secretary
05-31-2006, 05:53 PM
Today I had a assignment in Pasadena -- teaching a class for a client. It was a long drive (I took bottle water and food.... :D ) The first thing I did upon arrival was ask for the ladies' room...and knew it was going to be an interesting day. There were a couple of cat boxes in the loo. I asked for the cats....

They were called in from outside and introduced. A yellow boy and a tabby girl.

They spent MOST of the next two hours wandering in and out of the session. Everyone would pet them as they went by. The boy climbed in a lap for a little belly rub. He then jumped up on the conference table....demonstrated his ability to block the slide machine and settled in for a nap on my papers!

The tabby found the subject entirely too boring and took a chair outside the conference room for a nap.

And in case you wonder....the subject was....Preventing Sexual Harassment in the Workplace. I think they have found the answer!*

*Sexual harassment is aggressive behavior....animals reduce the feelings of aggression....

catmandu
05-31-2006, 06:09 PM
I Am Not Sure How Cats Would Fit That Topic, But You Did Get To Meet Some New Cats.
Joseph Thinks You Should Have Taken H H Lady Edwina Rose.

Sonia59
06-01-2006, 04:46 AM
Awww too cute! I would love to have such visitors at work :D

Killearn Kitties
06-01-2006, 05:48 AM
I have never seen such excellent props used with a presentation. Perhaps you should think about training Eddie and Edwina to be your assistants for future classes.

Maya & Inka's mommy
06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Great idea!!! But...... what if some of the cats wants to go potty?? :rolleyes: :eek:

K & L
06-01-2006, 11:45 AM
That is wonderful! I would love to be able to have a cat in my office. I just have to settle for TNRing the ferals around here.

Donnaj4962
06-01-2006, 02:30 PM
What a great idea! I would love to have some kitties at my work.... I know it would lessen the stress around here!

So glad you got to meet some new "furriends" today!

Barbara
06-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Regarding the day I had today I think some cats to calm people down would be a splendid idea :)