PDA

View Full Version : Standing ovation for this vet

kuhio98
05-31-2006, 11:14 AM
I want to share a posting with you from www.IMOM.org (http://www.imom.org/)

Please join me in giving this vet a standing ovation for helping out a baby in need without payment up front. We all need more like him!

p.s. Anyone have a cool standing ovation graphic they want to add? I couldn't find one when I did a quick search.

From Cindy (IMOM Caseworker)

Bailey Faulkner, badly injured, needed emergency surgery

Yesterday, we received an application for a stray cat who had somehow torn open his scrotal sack. Poor Bailey was practically stepping on his testicles (sorry for the visual) and was in terrible pain. The applicant had called vet after vet and various organizations to see if anyone could help, and was referred to IMOM. We began calling vets that we had worked with in her area, but being as it was a holiday week, many were short-staffed or there was no one available to agree to our policies. Finally, at the end of the day, I called a vet that the applicant had called earlier, and with a $200 pledge from IMOM, Bailey could be seen. The plan was to stabilize him overnight and perform surgery today, but once they saw him they operated immediately. Bailey came through ok, and will now be an inside cat in the home of the woman who took him in.

Thanks to Dr. Wallis at Gwinnett Animal Clinic in Georgia for taking a chance on IMOM, an organization he had never heard of. Thanks to Crystal for taking him in, and giving him a forever home. But mostly thanks to you, our monthly donors, for supporting us so we could be there for pets like Bailey who just can't wait.

Aspen and Misty
05-31-2006, 11:35 AM
Thats funny! I live in Gwinett County GA. I know where that vet is located.

We sure do have some wonderful vets around here!

Greart Job IMOM, the vet and his new furever home.

Ashley