PDA

View Full Version : Well, It's Final...

flamepony12
05-30-2006, 08:36 PM
Merlin's sold... (original thread (http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=105620))

Thought I'd post it here since not everyone checks Pet General all the time. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'll miss Merlin, of course, but I'll get to visit him ALL the time, which is good. :) However, I'm glad I'll be able to get a new horse and keep progressing in horseback riding.

Before everyone (that never saw my other thread) asks why we sold Merlin, it's because he's much too small for me now. He's only 13.3hh, and I need something that's around 16hh. I actually hit my foot on a jump once! Don't think I'm selling him because I don't love him or anything, I love him VERY much, I'm going to visit him very often.

There were two people interested, Terri Hatcher and the Van Halens. The Van Halens ended up buying him for their 7 year old son.

On getting another horse - Well, unfortunately, Cody's out of the question, but that doesn't mean we're definitely buying Pedro. We got a message from Cody's (previous) owners today saying they'd sold him =\ We're disappointed, but we'll find the right horse eventually.

Just thought I'd let everyone know the news. I'll try to bring my camera when we go see him tomorrow.

Toby's my baby
05-30-2006, 08:45 PM
I'm happy and sad for you! I really want a new horse too. My horse isn't really too small (he's 14.3hh), but I just want a bigger horse. Plus, he (my horse now) isn't really progressing. I want to sell him, but I think I'd freak out when the time came, and not be able to give him up. :o Good luck on finding the right horse, don't settle for anything less than exactly what you want.

Wow, Merlin must be quite the horse!! Famous people even want him, how'd you pull that off?!?!? ;)

flamepony12
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
Wow, Merlin must be quite the horse!! Famous people even want him, how'd you pull that off?!?!? ;)

hahaha! Well, the trainer that was showing him apparently knew them XD WHOOO doesn't want MERLIN though? ^_______~

Suki Wingy
05-30-2006, 11:57 PM
Aw, but it's good you can still see him and get updates! Buying a horse is soo exiting! Even for me sitting here at my computer. :p :D Pedro sounds awsome.

JBESORO
05-31-2006, 04:35 AM
hi new to this forum reading your previous threads you feel sick and excited at the same time but if you can visit merlin then thats great, i'd say you've already made your mind up on pedro he sounds perfect, but before you purchase i'd have your vet check him out, it's so dissappointing to get them home and found out somethings not right, i hope you both have safe and happy times together :D :D

flamepony12
05-31-2006, 06:42 PM
hi new to this forum reading your previous threads you feel sick and excited at the same time but if you can visit merlin then thats great, i'd say you've already made your mind up on pedro he sounds perfect, but before you purchase i'd have your vet check him out, it's so dissappointing to get them home and found out somethings not right, i hope you both have safe and happy times together :D :D

haha, no, we haven't made up our minds yet. He just sounds like a good possibility. :)

The Van Halens want a last minute vet check, so they haven't handed the check over yet -- I'll let you guys know though.

flamepony12
06-04-2006, 10:27 PM
Bumping this up since it became official today. He's going to be SO spoiled! hahah. He has a paddock behind his new box stall, a full speaker system outside, a few neighbors to mess with, and a LOT of food. XDD

I didn't bring my camera, unfortunately, but maybe I'll be able to take some pictures next time we visit him.

flamepony12
06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, don't want to throw a pity party or anything, but it's nice to
see how many people cared about Merlin =\

Suki Wingy
06-06-2006, 12:51 PM
NO! I've been keeping my eye out for this thread! He sounds like such a lucky pony. :)

Zippy
06-06-2006, 12:53 PM
Oh my gosh famous people wanted him he must be one great great horse and so lucky :)

slleipnir
06-06-2006, 01:19 PM
I've been keeping tabs on this. I haven't replied because it's difficult where I am. I don't have a lot of net time right now. I'm glad Merlin found a good home, and good luck finding a new horse.

chrissycat21
06-06-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm sorry you have to sell Merlin, but he sounds like he got a really great new home!

Good luck again with finding a new horse.

We'll all miss Merlin, so make sure when you visit him you take LOADS of pictures! ;) :D

flamepony12
06-06-2006, 06:15 PM
It's alright, I wasn't calling out for "attention" or anything, but I was just noticing that there weren't many replies ;)

Thanks! Yes, he's VERY spoiled, and loved very much. ^____^

chrissycat21
06-06-2006, 07:11 PM
I was, uh, banned from the computer for a week, or I would have replied sooner.

:o

flamepony12
06-06-2006, 07:29 PM
I was, uh, banned from the computer for a week, or I would have replied sooner.

:o

hehe. it's okay ;D

Roxyluvsme13
06-06-2006, 07:47 PM
I couldn't really think of anything to say :D. But.. glad Merlin found a loving home where he'll be uber spoiler ^^.

CountryWolf07
06-08-2006, 11:59 AM
Are you from L.A?

I've heard of Terri Hatcher, I've watched Desperate Housewives.. interesting show... lol

Good to hear Merlin will be fine. :)

flamepony12
06-08-2006, 05:03 PM
Are you from L.A?

yep, haha. Technically we're in Agoura Hills, but that's right on the border of LA. We saw her (Terri Hatcher) at the barn Merlin's at the other day with her daughter Emerson.. she looked much too skinny. x____x