PDA

View Full Version : I don't believe this, but just wondering what everyone else thinks..

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2006, 07:16 PM
http://iamscruelty.com/
I don't believe it, but what do you think?

buckner
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
:rolleyes:

It's from PETA - take everything they say/do with a grain of salt.

I don't know what to believe anymore. Who knows if it's true or not. They can make up lies about "facts" and make up false video footage just as easily as they can show the truth. But because it's PETA, I'm more apt to NOT believe it.

Karen
05-30-2006, 07:24 PM
It is a site created by Peta, therefore I discount everything on it, as they have lied and exaggerated their claims in the past, and go overboard in their efforts to gain publicity and funding for themselves.

Glacier
05-30-2006, 07:26 PM
Here's the response from Iams:
http://www.iamstruth.com

I too take everything PETA says with a large grain of salt.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, I'm glad it's not true. I didn't believe it for one second, anyways. Why does PETA do this, though? Can't they get arrested or something for false accusation?

Kfamr
05-30-2006, 08:53 PM
What everyone else said. :p

I don't know if I believe it or not, either way their food sucks. :p

Lady's Human
05-30-2006, 09:09 PM
One, it's PETA.

Two, How can you promote a pet food as "Not tested on animals"?

Either the Co. tested the food on animals before marketing it or your pet is their guinea pig.

Argranade
05-30-2006, 09:29 PM
Im not shur if I belive it but then again anything can be true these days :rolleyes:

Peta.com has a Peta2.com now lol I never new there was just a peta but either way I still like peta. :)

dogzr#1
05-30-2006, 09:39 PM
I don't believe it. They don't give any proof. They said they took video but didn't post it. It's PETA and they are not very trustworthy.

They also want the give dogs vegetarian dog food. Isn't that bad or something because they are supposed to eat meat? It's ok for humans to become one, but I think/thought it would be harmful to dogs. :confused:

Cincy'sMom
05-30-2006, 09:52 PM
Two, How can you promote a pet food as "Not tested on animals"?

Not saying I agree with the PETA, and I didn't really read the site to see what they mean by "animal testing", but could it be they are refering to the fact that Iams is owned by Procter and Gamble, and P&G tests cosmetics on animals?

Lady's Human
05-30-2006, 09:53 PM
No, they specifically talk about Iams tesing its food on animals.

Roxyluvsme13
05-30-2006, 10:05 PM
I dunno.. but gah, if they do they shouldn't.. I became Vegetarian thanks to some PETA videos (if they're true or not, we know this stuff happens)

wolfsoul
05-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Though it wasn't specifically an "Iams" laboratory the videos and pictures came from, Iams failed to mention that it was a Proctor and Gamble facility, and Proctor and Gamble owns Iams/Eukanuba. That is why the facility was connected to the Iams one -- same company.

Jessika
05-30-2006, 11:39 PM
Whether its true or not, I personally think IAMs and Eukanuba, etc, are all poor quality foods and I wouldn't feed them to my animals, anyway.

.sarah
05-31-2006, 12:13 AM
They also want the give dogs vegetarian dog food. Isn't that bad or something because they are supposed to eat meat? It's ok for humans to become one, but I think/thought it would be harmful to dogs. :confused:
Dogs are carnivores, so yes, vegetarian diets are harmful. Why people subject their dogs to a vegetarian diet because they don't believe in animal cruelty is beyond me. Especially since compromising your dog's health for your own morals is cruel, in my opinion.

IRescue452
05-31-2006, 06:35 AM
Actually, I am inclined to believe peta on this one. I don't trust proctor and gamble with a grain of salt. Besides, Iams isn't a good brand of food. It is crap that has a very low score as a dog food but so much money is poured into marketing that people are led to believe it is a quality food. I've no doubt that they could care less about the testing subjects that eat their food.

Pembroke_Corgi
05-31-2006, 07:06 AM
I heard about Iams several years ago, it may have been through PETA, I don't remember, but the problem was not that they were giving dogs their dogs food obviously but confining them to small cages and denying good medical care. I am apt to believe it- most companies don't care about their employees, let alone a few animals, it's all about making money.

smokey the elder
05-31-2006, 07:13 AM
I hadn't thought about it that way! If large corporations can downsize at a whim, then what chance do the poor furries have?

moosmom
05-31-2006, 07:25 AM
It's from PETA - take everything they say/do with a grain of salt.

What Sara said is absolutely right on the money. Besides, what dog or cat in a cage ISN'T lonely??? It's the way they worded it.

critter crazy
05-31-2006, 07:33 AM
You cant take anything PETA says as truth!!!!! :mad:

Lady's Human
05-31-2006, 07:37 AM
Just for a minute, look at this logically.

For a test to have any validity, you need animals who are going to be in the same general condition as the pets who are going to get the food. If the animals are abused, ill treated and unhealthy for reasons other than the food, then you can throw all of your test results out the window.They're meaningless, because you've introduced too many outside variables.

king2005
05-31-2006, 11:41 AM
I don't know if I believe it or not, either way their food sucks. :p

Took the words right out of my mouth lol :D

Argranade
05-31-2006, 08:50 PM
I dunno.. but gah, if they do they shouldn't.. I became Vegetarian thanks to some PETA videos (if they're true or not, we know this stuff happens)

Same here.

BOBS DAD
05-31-2006, 09:31 PM
I dunno... seems their may be, as some have said - at least a grain of truth to what they are saying. But they are such a radical group that one would have to wonder where the truth ends and the hype begins.

Catty1
05-31-2006, 09:45 PM
When the PETA Iams boycott began...was it two years ago?...one of the main complaints was that the dental care food was tested on dogs...by cutting the dogs' gums til they bled and then seeing if the food helped.

That's all I remember...there was a series of letters between one of the PETA people and a rep from Proctor and Gamble...while the PETA writer was insistent, it seemed like an intelligent, balanced exchange.

That's all I recall.

Catty1

Miss Z
06-01-2006, 05:12 AM
Whatever PETA may be like, whether IAMS are really like that or not, someone filmed that. That HAPPENED. Wherever it was and who was responsible for it, I couldn't really care less. It just saddens me deeply to think of all the things we put our beautiful friends and sharers of our Earth through. :( :(

And BTW, Zsa-Zsa doesn't like IAMS either ;)

Lady's Human
06-01-2006, 07:48 AM
Someone filmed Starship Troopers, too. Doesn't mean I'm looking for aliens to start dropping out of the sky. :rolleyes:

lizbud
06-01-2006, 10:43 AM
Another victory for animals. :)

VICTORY: Welch's Promises to End Deadly Animal Tests!
Last year, PETA discovered that Welch’s was funding outrageous experiments on animals in order to make health claims about its products. It’s hard to imagine why a company that makes grape juice would be testing on animals, but what we learned was shocking. In one experiment, dogs’ chests were cut open to induce massive blood clotting, and a tube was then attached to their stomachs in order to pump them full of grape juice. Afterward, the experimenter collected blood samples by “fresh puncture” of the dogs’ hearts. In another experiment, hundreds of rats were poisoned with toxic chemicals, fed grape juice, and cut up to observe the effect that it had on their bodies. Those are just a few of the tests that were conducted on innocent dogs, monkeys, rabbits, and rats.

Welch’s New Scientific Research Policy
“As scientific research capability is advancing rapidly, we believe it is appropriate to adopt the following formal policy on Welch’s scientific research … Welch’s will not fund animal research.”
We were horrified to find out that a seemingly wholesome, family-friendly company like Welch’s would fund this kind of cruelty. We immediately wrote to Welch’s urging the company to abandon all tests using animals, but after receiving no positive response from the company, we had no choice but to consider launching a full-fledged boycott campaign. On May 5, PETA sent another letter to Welch’s giving the company one more chance to discontinue all support for animal tests. On May 16, PETA received a statement from the company saying that it would no longer fund or conduct any animal tests.

This is a huge victory for animals who are being tortured and killed in laboratories, and it exposes how ridiculous the vivisection industry is as a whole—torturing dogs and monkeys to promote fruit juice! With this announcement, Welch’s joins other compassionate juice companies like Sunny D, Old Orchard, SunSweet, and many others that have signed PETA’s statement of assurance affirming that they do not fund or conduct any experiments on animals.

Please thank Welch’s for making the compassionate decision to end all animal tests and for showing that good health never has to come at the expense of animals’ suffering in labs:

Daniel P. Dillon, President and CEO
Welch Foods Inc.
3 Concord Farms
575 Virginia Rd.
Concord, MA 01742
978-371-1000
[email protected]

You Can Help Create More Victories for Animals

Even though more sophisticated, accurate, and humane alternatives exist, some companies have refused to abandon their funding of cruel animal tests. PETA is urging Ocean Spray, POM Wonderful, and Tahitian Noni to follow in the footsteps of Welch’s and put an end to their outrageous experiments that kill animals.

Please contact these companies and let them know that you won’t support them until they take a stand and stop funding animal experiments:

Miss Z
06-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Someone filmed Starship Troopers, too. Doesn't mean I'm looking for aliens to start dropping out of the sky. :rolleyes:

Not exactly what I meant ;)

Roxyluvsme13
06-01-2006, 10:50 AM
*sigh* Whether who or what does this, animal experiments, SUCK. It makes me feel bad for wearing makeup sometimes, because I usually forget to see if the product is tested on animals before I buy it..

Lady's Human
06-01-2006, 12:07 PM
What I meant by the comment was that PETA has been caught red handed setting up companies by putting their people in place in a job and filming the actions of their own people, then claiming the actions of their people are the company norms. Just because its on film doesn't mean that it is true.

Miss Z
06-01-2006, 12:11 PM
Yeah I know, I didn't mean I trusted PETA. I thought that might be the case as PETA do some strange things:rolleyes: . I was just stating that whoever or whatever that film was about caused unecessary cruelty to animals. The dogs in that film were still suffering whether it was a gimmick or truth. That's what I was upset about.

lizbud
06-01-2006, 04:04 PM
What I meant by the comment was that PETA has been caught red handed setting up companies by putting their people in place in a job and filming the actions of their own people, then claiming the actions of their people are the company norms.

Can you show any proof that PETA people falsifyed a video by having
one of their volunteers abuse the very animals they are trying to help?

Wow, I believe this bordors on paranoia. :confused:

Lady's Human
06-01-2006, 04:41 PM
Liz,

It would take some digging, but it was they were sued by companies and shelters for exactly that.

Here are two links:

http://www.animalrights.net/archives/year/2002/000166.html

http://express-press-release.com/14/Covance%20Files%20Lawsuit%20Against%20PETA%20and%2 0Its%20Infiltrator.php

Jessika
06-01-2006, 04:59 PM
Well all I know is that PETA members were caught euthanizing animals they picked up from homes after promising their families they would be adopted out and dumping the bodies in a nearby grocery store dumpster...

Roxyluvsme13
06-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Well all I know is that PETA members were caught euthanizing animals they picked up from homes after promising their families they would be adopted out and dumping the bodies in a nearby grocery store dumpster...
:eek:

Lady's Human
06-01-2006, 06:06 PM
Just FYI:

Peta euthanising animals:

http://home.hamptonroads.com/stories/story.cfm?story=93730&ran=57036

lizbud
06-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Liz,

It would take some digging, but it was they were sued by companies and shelters for exactly that.

Here are two links:

http://www.animalrights.net/archives/year/2002/000166.html

http://express-press-release.com/14/Covance%20Files%20Lawsuit%20Against%20PETA%20and%2 0Its%20Infiltrator.php

So PETA was sued. So what? Anybody can bring suit against anyone
else. What was the outcome to the case?

As for the press release from The mega company Convance. Sounds like
those horrible PETA folks lied when they said they wanted to be a loyal
employee & keep quiet about what goes on behind closed doors.

This stuff is not proof that PETA people abused the animals they were there
to film & document. (animal care or lack of it)

Lady's Human
06-01-2006, 07:15 PM
http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/10-17-2005/0004170961&EDATE

Covance won the lawsuit, and got a court injunction against PETA for its practices.

binka_nugget
06-01-2006, 07:21 PM
Don't know if I believe it or not but I won't buy their products anyways. Dogs hate it, it's overpriced, and the ingredients suck. :p