PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all of the replies on my mom's Baby Jeremy thread...

Christiansmommy
05-30-2006, 09:11 AM
Thanks so much for all of the kind words and well wishes on my mom's Baby Jeremy thread!!

Just thought I would give a little update:

I came home on Sunday, but w/o baby...I knew we would have to leave him though, so it wasn't a huge shocker, but none the less, would like my little man home with me. But he is in good care, the nurses are great in the NICU!!

He was removed from th heat light last night as well as the jaundice lights, and now is basically there to make sure he is feeding well enough to go home, since he is such a peanut. They lose some weight in the hospital before coming home...so they want to see some good eating...but he is doing very well with that...I started feeding him 1 ounce per feeding on day 1, and last night he took 3 ounces at one feeding, so that was great. A nurse will visit our home 2 times per week for 2 weeks, after he is born, just to check his vitals, etc. But they say he is doing very well. And though he is small, he really isn't compared to most babies in the NICU. We are awaiting his kidney ultrasound results, but so far, they seem to be doing fine, b/c he is having plenty of full diapers. The pediatric kidney doctor told us that since they are the right size, shape, and right location, as long as they function normally after birth, they probably wouldn't do anything...just would need to have them checked occasionally, I guess. So that would be our biggest concern at this point...

Anyway, He is such a content little boy, doesn't cry much (yet) ;) as compared to the other babies in the NICU, although he certainly did at birth :) He has a cute little squeaky cry...and makes the cutest faces when asking for milk :) I will go see him later today around lunchtime.

Oh yeah, no downs syndrome either, like the ultrasounds may have suggested early in my pregnancy (a few soft makers had been seen early on that went away)...he is fine that way! Praise God!! I can't Praise Him enough for my little man...and just being there for me during such a LONG pregnancy, that was so unsure at times!!

I am bottle feeding, so any Enfamil Lipil coupons...bring them on, LOL!! :)

Again, thanks for the kind words and I will post pis and update more later...

Robyn and Jeremy

Karen
05-30-2006, 09:22 AM
Congratulations again! All of my mom's babies were premies, she never got to bring one home when she left the hospital, so I know through stories told how hard and strange that is. Thankfully Jeremy seems fine, just little, and he'll be home in no time!

In my case, I was 5 1/2 weeks early, was plenty big enough (6 lbs, 9 oz.) but was just the wrong color - jaundiced, like your boy. Fine now, though! Don't you worry, he'll be home quick!

Killearn Kitties
05-30-2006, 09:23 AM
Good to hear from you! I'm glad Jeremy's tests are all going so well. Hopefully he will be home soon!

finn's mom
05-30-2006, 09:39 AM
Aw, can't wait to see pictures, he sounds perfect!

lizbud
05-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I am so happy that baby Jeremy & Mom are both doing so well.
Sounds like he's eating well & gets good reports from your Doctor.
I'll bet you can't wait to bring him home. :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-30-2006, 10:43 AM
YAY!! I know you are glad to be home... and not pregnant!!

I'm glad to hear Jeremy is doing so well. I know you will be excited when they send him home too!

He is such a cutie pie! CONGRATULATIONS... and I can't wait to see more pictures.!!! :D

smokey the elder
05-30-2006, 02:54 PM
Nope, don't want any yellow babies! It'll be great when Jeremy can get home.

Uabassoon
05-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Happy to hear that he is doing well! I can't wait to see some pictures of him at home.

anna_66
05-30-2006, 03:03 PM
Robyn I'm so glad to hear that both him and you are doing so well:) He'll be home before you know it!

I loved the pictures your mom posted and I'm looking forward to seeing more when you have time!

sasvermont
05-30-2006, 03:27 PM
Robyn, I am so glad that things are running smoothly for you and your new baby. I just new things would be fine.

Once you get the baby home and settled, you must take more photos of Jeremy and Christian together. I bet Christian will make a great big bro for Jeremy.

Again, I am so happy for you and your family.

Love and kisses,

Sas and her Campers

ramanth
05-30-2006, 03:42 PM
Great to hear from you. Congrats on the birth of little Jeremy!

I look forward to photos. :D

Logan
05-30-2006, 04:39 PM
One down, one to go!!!! :)

Robyn, I'm so glad everything is going well for Jeremy and for you. It had to be hard to leave him, but it sounds like everything is going well for him. Now we wait for Chip (my brother) and Susan's baby to arrive, which could be anytime now.

I hope you are taking this time to rest and be ready for the little man to arrive at home with you!!!

Logan

Rachel
05-30-2006, 06:37 PM
Robyn, we are so thankful that after all the worry, things have turned out well. Prayers of thanksgiving are in order tonight. Like SAS, I am eager to see pictures of Jeremy and Christian together. I wonder what Harlee will think when she sees the little Peanut. Now you rest up and get ready to be a busy mom.