PDA

View Full Version : Betta in a vase!

lute
05-29-2006, 11:32 PM
i found this webpage today. i can't believe this is such a huge thing!

Betta in a vase (http://www.bettatalk.com/betta_in_a_vase.htm)

Sevaede
05-30-2006, 01:13 AM
Neither could I. I know one person who has (probably *had*, now) a deal like that. She is an old friend (we drifted apart). They had theirs about five or so years ago. They took very good care of both fishy and the plant (always fed and clean, etc). However, I do find it a bit ridiculous and wouldn't own a setup myself.

IRescue452
05-30-2006, 06:39 AM
Most lucky bettas drown before they starve. There is no surface area where they can breath.

Argranade
05-30-2006, 09:06 AM
My friends mom had a Betta in a vaise but she kept it very clean and fed the fish and the plant was small so that it was so easy for that fish to get a breath of air.Too bad all people are not that nice for fish. :rolleyes:

aki
05-30-2006, 04:19 PM
A friend of mine got one as a gift and I begged her to put it in a regular tank. She didn't and the fish got tangled in the roots and died.
:(

Miss Z
05-30-2006, 04:36 PM
That's so cruel. Many people think fish don't have feelings, but they do:(

Cookiebaker
05-30-2006, 04:49 PM
My first betta, Jimmy, was in such an arrangement. However, he got fed Betta food every single day; the cup that surrounded the plant had lots of big holes for air; I changed the water regularly; and he lived very happily for a couple of years (which is my understanding their average life span). SO, to say that all arrangments like this are cruel is not true.

Also my mom-in-law also had such a setup, and though her setup was a little different than mine, her fishy was very happy, and lived a couple of years too.

lute
05-30-2006, 05:18 PM
That's so cruel. Many people think fish don't have feelings, but they do:(
i know this now. i use to think they were "just fish" until i recently got my betta. i REALLY like this guy and he knows me. he follows me around his tank and watches me....i want another!!! :D

dogzr#1
05-30-2006, 09:04 PM
My grandma had this setup for her betta. The plant wasn't as big, she fed him everyday, and regularly changed his water. He lived for around 3 years. I'm not sure if that's long for a betta, but it's still a long time. If you take care of it properly and actually change the water, then it could be a good setup.