PDA

View Full Version : My niece is having a baby..........

carole
05-29-2006, 08:22 PM
Some of you will remember my thread about my only niece having her first baby, well she had her second scan yesterday and we are all priviliged to know what bubs is, it's a baby BOY, he will probably be named Jordan,although that could change , so yep folks i am off to do some baby shopping soon, i guarantee that great nephew of mine will have a wardrobe to die for, between his mother , grandmother, great grandmother and other grandmother he will be spoilt rotten, he is the first great grandchild in our family.

All is going well and Jordan was busy enjoying sucking his thumb. :D

Sirrahsim
05-29-2006, 08:54 PM
Congratulations :D :D I must say that I'm very partial to boys at the moment, but I'm sure that that will change if my next one turns out to be a girl :D
Jordan is a very nice name for a little boy :) It's strong, but still cute :D

carole
05-29-2006, 10:26 PM
Thank you, yes i like their choice of name too,can be unisex name i think,it is nice to have one of each sex, but i am sure you will be happy as long as your baby is healthy,are you choosing to find out the sex or just wait?are you hoping for a boy?

Sirrahsim
05-29-2006, 11:51 PM
oh I'm not pregnant again! not yet :) I was just saying that hypothetically that would change :D It'll be a little while before we start working on #2 :D

captain
05-30-2006, 12:10 AM
Carole,

COngratulations!!!!!
I like that name too ....... :D

gini
05-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Carole, being a Great Aunt is woooonnnderful! I thought being just an Aunt was tops - but when the next generation starts having babies - it is so exciting.

I too have a Grand Nephew named Colin Kelley - and he was born on May 14th. They do not live close by, so I have only seen a picture of the little tyke - and he is so cute.

Yes, I have bruised and abused the credit card for this little guy - there is so much stuff out there to buy that is just too cute.

Enjoy every minute of her pregnancy - and once Jordan arrives - try to share will you? :D

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-30-2006, 05:23 AM
awww

CONGRATULATIONS to your neice!!! You sound like my best friend. Every time I talk to her she is out shopping for my baby.. but she tells me not to because he will have too many clothes.. :eek: :D

finn's mom
05-30-2006, 09:37 AM
That's great news, and, Jordan is a great name! One of my best friend's son's names is Jordon, with an o instead of an a. I like it both ways!

carole
05-30-2006, 10:43 PM
yes i think any baby girl will be jealous of my great nephew's wardrobe i can just imagine it now, actually i was just informed he might be called either Jordan or Carlos, depends on his colouring, if dark and olive skinned Carlos, if fair Jordan , i am betting he will be a Jordan, as my niece and hubby are both fair but dark haired,yep it is exciting all right.

Gini of course i will be sharing with PT, you won't beable to hold me back, we have a while to wait yet, he is due on October 25th day after my niece's birthday. :)

gini
05-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Gini of course i will be sharing with PT, you won't beable to hold me back, we have a while to wait yet, he is due on October 25th day after my niece's birthday. :)

Actually what I meant was - be sure to "share him" with the other relatives......awfully hard to pass him on once he reaches your arms. :D :D :D

luvofallhorses
05-30-2006, 10:58 PM
Congrats!!! :D

carole
05-30-2006, 11:02 PM
oh he he i see what you mean Gini, yes its been almost fourteen years since i held a bubby in my arms, they live in a different city so i guess i will get my turn, just not as often as the others lol. :D

Karen
05-30-2006, 11:08 PM
Congratulations!

I love the family story of my mother's birth. Mom was the first baby of her generation, and both her parents were from families of eight children. When Ma was born, and the news reached the gathered family, the youngest uncle, Jimmy, went around the room saying "Well, now you're Aunt Gladys, and you're Aunt Tidsy, and you're Uncle Tige, and you're Aunt Evelyn," etc., until he came to their aunt, and said "And now you're Great Aunt Flora!" and she was furious with him for making her feel old!

So when we were kids we were instructed to simply call her Aunt Flora, even though she was our great-great-aunt! She still had a fair sprinkling of red in her hair into her 90s, and lived to 106.

carole
05-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Karen thank you for sharing that story.she sounded a real lovely character, i love the idea of being a great aunt, makes me feel very special indeed. :)