PDA

View Full Version : Getting close!!!

catnapper
05-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Ashley is 36 weeks pregnant and due in the next few weeks... we're on the final stretch!

She has gotten A LOT bigger in the past week. Just the other night she tried on the pretty coral colored dress she planned on wearing to her highschool graduation... and today she tried it on with the shoes she bought... and its waaaaayyyyy too short. The belly commanded more fabric than a few days ago. :p I guess she'll be wearing the backup dress we bought just in case ;)

I can't wait til the baby is here. I'm just waiting and waiting now. Its driving me nuts wondering if its a boy or girl. Its driving me nuts wondering WHEN they decide to show up. She's due on the 26th - do you think she'll make it til then? Sooner? How much sooner?

Here she is on Sunday
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/gettingclose.jpg

The post is just for fun to see what everyone thinks :D

ashleycat
05-29-2006, 05:28 PM
Brookie was due oct 31st. She was born Oct 26th. 8lbs 9oz

Pam
05-29-2006, 05:46 PM
They told me back in the *Dark Ages* when I was pregnant with my first that two weeks early or two weeks late is pretty common. Of course my first born was two weeks late and I really wanted him out of there sooner! :o :D I voted for a boy, and for the latest date in your poll just because that's how it went with me. For sure this is based on nothing scientific!! LOL! Did the doctor give any estimate now of what the baby might weigh at this point? They were pretty close with Robyn. I think they were only off by about 7 oz. or so. Ashley looks great but doesn't appear to have dropped yet. When I saw Robyn a few days before Jeremy was born he was so much lower. Then again all of that can probably change in the twinkling of an eye. Oh how excited you all must be!!!!

Vermontcat
05-29-2006, 06:23 PM
Just like Pam, I voted for a boy for the latest date possible, June 26th or later.
My firstborn was a boy who was born after his due date and I hated having to wait so long.
I really think that she will deliver on June 26th because that is my Samantha's 18th birthday. :)
I will say one thing, I hope she doesn't have the baby on June 6, then it's birthdate would be 6/6/06 and I don't think you guys are ready to have a little Damien in your house! ;)

jenluckenbach
05-29-2006, 06:57 PM
GIRL June 20th.

And not because I believe it is a girl.......but because I WANT it to be a girl. :p

Cataholic
05-29-2006, 07:47 PM
I would be very surprised if she went early! I think July 4th is a real possibility. :eek:

carole
05-29-2006, 08:25 PM
Well bubs will come when he/she is ready i guess like they all do, I have not voted for either sex, just hope all goes well and baby is healthy, did she choose not to find out the sex at her scans, or could they not tell? :)

Sirrahsim
05-29-2006, 08:52 PM
First babies are often late so I voted for the latest possible date. I chose boy just for fun :D I'd say Johanna's guesstimate of the 4th will probably be pretty darn close!

Daisy and Delilah
05-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Girl --- June 18th :)

My Mom's birthday ;)

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 11:19 PM
Brookie was due oct 31st. She was born Oct 26th. 8lbs 9oz

October 26th is the birthday of one of my brothers! :)

Flatcoatluver
05-29-2006, 11:24 PM
I voted girl and the 12th-18th because my b-day is the 17th of June!!

molucass
05-29-2006, 11:42 PM
I voted girl....
I've heard that if you are carrying a boy you carry lower than with girls.

My sister had a girl, and Ashley's belly looks like my sisters, high up.

I voted 19th-25th.

Samantha Puppy
05-30-2006, 07:56 AM
Can't go by how you carry it. I carried Aidan very high right up 'til the end and he's about as boy as you could get! :)

I say it's a girl and she'll be born on June 29! (My mom's birthday.)

catnapper
05-30-2006, 08:14 AM
I voted girl....
I've heard that if you are carrying a boy you carry lower than with girls.

My sister had a girl, and Ashley's belly looks like my sisters, high up.

I voted 19th-25th.
Ah, but for Ashley, it seems as if this baby is going to be a swimmer like its mom... this baby has been doing flips and swan dives for weeks. Here's a photo of Ash from a week ago - look how low the baby is! :eek:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/weekearlier.jpg

Ash's tummy changes shape constantly. One moments its round like a ball, the next long like a watermellon. Then one moment its centered, the next its lumpy on one side :p This baby really wants to keep us guessing as to what it is! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
05-30-2006, 08:52 AM
Girl --- June 18th :)

My Mom's birthday ;)

That's my sister's birthday too :)

I voted girl for the latest date.

catnapper
06-01-2006, 12:15 PM
We just got back from the doctor's office. She is 1cm. dilated! Woohoo!

Of course the dr. put a damper on my excitement saying she could be 1cm dilated for a month. She said first pregnancies often go longer than the due date. I read that teen pregnancies often go EARLY... so which will it be?

Of course, we want the baby to stay in as long as they need to, but really now, come on out so I know whether to buy pink or blue clothes! :D

Soooo... all the mommies out there, whatcha think about her starting to dilate already? Does it mean anything? If you say it with authority, I'll believe you ;)

Can ya tell I'm excited? Ashley and I were out and someone asked when she's due. She said, "next month." I said, "No, it's June! You're due THIS MONTH!" She can finally say "this month!" OMG, I am so excited I could scream! I feel positively giddy right now. (I'm sure Ashley is rolling her eyes as she reads this)

caseysmom
06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
You have a right to be excited Grandma....this is an exciting event!

jenluckenbach
06-01-2006, 03:31 PM
Sure Kim, YOU can be excited, YOU'RE not going to go through LABOR :rolleyes: :p (LOL) But I too am VERY excited.Tell Ashley to have her on a weekend so I can come visit RIGHT away. ;)

Jods
06-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Just wanted to add I went the day BEFORE my due date and it was my first baby :)

Karen
06-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I voted for girl, as baby keeps changing her mind - and Ashley's shape! ;) But really I have no idea. June 18th was also my mom's birthday, my parents' wedding anniversary, and is often, like this year, Father's Day! Is the dad-to-be still in the picture and interested?

BC_MoM
06-02-2006, 09:15 PM
Girl -- June 12th - 18th :D