PDA

View Full Version : Introducing our back yard cat, Pjevs

Randi
05-09-2002, 10:49 AM
This is the wonderful cat who is still living in our backyard. Many years ago, someone left him behind - UNBELIEVEABLE! He is such a sweet cat!

A woman - who died some years ago and fed him for many years, told us that he was over 11 years old then, so now, according to her, he must be at least 15!

He slept in an old pram when we came to live here, but since then, we've built a house for him, and some of us take turns every evening feeding him. When I come in through the gate with my bicycle, he comes running for a cuddle. Ohh! - he's just adorable! :) And luckily, he seem to have a good health! :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pf6381cfe28e932000f51d9c401fbfa74/fdc01762.jpg.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p3d641160c531954dd126e0346189868a/fdc149f0.jpg.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/p310d5b82cbd3b7b6d16acec1ad27e9cb/fdc01764.jpg.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pcddb9238664a63aa22becf6a59515825/fdc0172c.jpg.

Sorry, this didn't work! Will have to try later. Arhhhhh!!!

Logan
05-09-2002, 11:07 AM
Oh, Randi! I want to see this special fellow! If you need help, email the pictures to me, and I will load them through netsnapshot.com and post them for you.

My email is: [email protected]

Heather Wallace
05-09-2002, 11:08 AM
Randi I can't see any pics, shame I would have loved to have seen him.:( :confused:

zippy-kat
05-09-2002, 11:34 AM
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's a tuxboy!!!!!!!!!!!
:D :D :D :D
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid19/p3d641160c531954dd126e0346189868a/fdc149f0.jpg

aly
05-09-2002, 11:38 AM
He's beautiful! I love all the pics, especially the one of him sitting up looking over the step.

gini
05-09-2002, 11:48 AM
Oh, he's just beautiful. What a great house you built for him. How people can just abandon animals - oh, it makes me angry!

Pjevs is very fortunate to be surrounded by loving and caring people.

Thanks for sharing, Randi.

Edwina's Secretary
05-09-2002, 12:51 PM
Spats!!! He's wearing spats with his tuxedo! And white gloves. What a proper gentleman!!

Ann
05-09-2002, 01:40 PM
What a pretty little kitty :) How nice of you to take care of him too! I hope he gets to live for many more years to come.

lizbud
05-09-2002, 01:47 PM
Randi,

The pics are Great.Thanks for sharing them. This
kitty,Pjevs, is Beautiful. He does not look like
an older cat. How do you pronounce his name?

Heather Wallace
05-09-2002, 02:35 PM
Yes I agree with Edwina's sec, some people are horrible.

There is a cat that lives a few door from me, it looks like the cat in the pic, although it looks really neglected.

lynnestankard
05-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Randi - yeh another black and white boy - Dan's gonna be jealous!! Pjevs is a lucky boy to have you all sharing him - but how could anyone leave such a sweetheart behind?:eek:

Chuck - many thanks for getting the pics sorted for us.

Lynne

Randi
05-09-2002, 03:29 PM
Thanks everybody! Yes, we love him dearly! :)

Thanks Logan, it very sweet of you, but now it seems that Chuck has made it possible to see him! My first attempt to post pics were from Photogra, then, when that stopped working I tried both imagestation and netsnapshot, so the other day, netsnapshot didn't work and I though I'd try imagestation again. ther are pro's and con's on both, so I think we better start geting our pics sorted out on our (John's) website. He has had for more than a year, but are still not content! (he's also learning GoLive)LOL!

Chuck! You just saved me again! ;) Thanks a lot - I wonder what you do! But I'll get it together one off these days! :D

Zippycat! I don't really know what a tux is!? :eek:

Aly! That's my favourite too! :)

Gini! Yes, it's amazing that anyone could leave such a loving beautiful cat like him behind! But I'm glad we can help him. The house is going to be improved with a bigger roof soon. Until recently, there was this ugly looking plastic roof, but it kept him dry for the winter - and his food. ;)

Lizbud! I have no idea how to write his name in English! :D

Heather! What a shame! I don't understand how anyone can be so cruel! :( Does anyone feed that cat? Really hope so!!

I'll try to post more pics of him another day! He's such a loving cat!

Heather Wallace
05-09-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Randi
[B]Heather! What a shame! I don't understand how anyone can be so cruel! :( Does anyone feed that cat? Really hope so!!

Yes it is feed, but it just looks really scruffy and unkept.

I would feed it but it doesn't come anywhere near the house because of the 2 boys.

yorkster
05-09-2002, 06:07 PM
Randi.........what a pretty and sweet looking boy he is (he looks BIG too) :)
Thanks for taking care of him, and that is a nice little house you built.

tatsxxx11
05-09-2002, 06:29 PM
Randi, Pjevs is so precious! I love the belly roll pose!! And his close up!!:) Awwwwwww!! What an adorable house! I know he will thrive in your loving care!!

Gio
05-10-2002, 07:33 AM
What a cutie face!:D

Ann
05-10-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Randi
Zippycat! I don't really know what a tux is!? :eek:

(I know I'm not zippy-kat, but I hope I can explain it anyways)

I had never heard that term either until I came to Pet Talk, but from what I gather it's short for "tuxedo" and is what black and white cats are called.

Randi
05-10-2002, 02:32 PM
Thanks Ann, I get SO clever from this board! LOL! :D

I'll try and post more pics of him - soon! ;) Getting dark here now, so I'm going to feed him! Will give him an extra cuddle from all of you! (he will love that!) ;) I may even miss "Geo Genious" on TV!

tuxluvr
05-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Randi, Ritz is also what I would call a "tux" kitty...ie, she has colorings that make it look like they are wearing tuxedos....white tie, white spats (an old form of shoe style)...however the amount of white-to-black ratio varies from tuxcat to tuxcat....Scooter is another tux-marked kitty, only with more white "shirt" :D....I always considered the spotted black and white (no particular arrangement of spots, just random) more like a spotted cow marking.....some call these moocow kitties...(If you haven't figured it out yet, I LOVE black and white cats):D

Today's COTD (Friday) is what I would call a grey tuxedo kitty...although black and white is the typical coloration, any "coat" color with the white markings is "tux like"...I've seen some grey and orange tabbies, and even some calicos, with very similar markings that make them look like they have really jazzy tuxedos on.

Your Pjev is a very classic tuxedo man...and I like the neat variation of his chin fur....a striking kitty...I'm in tuxluvr heaven again!

Lachesis
05-12-2002, 01:07 PM
What a sweetheart.... he is beautiful!

krazyaboutkatz
05-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Randi, Pjevs is a gorgeous cat. I'm so glad that you're able to take care of him. Thanks for sharing the pictures of him.:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2002, 12:06 PM
Awwww, Pjevs looks like such a sweetheart. :)

Peanut could be considered a calico tux. She's got the white chest and tummy, along with the white spats, both front and back.

http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/6982/images/th_PJo1isCoBQIAAFGFMMk_6982_8.jpg

tuxluvr
05-17-2002, 12:29 PM
Oh, indeed! Peanut has the most FABULOUS tuxedo of all - it looks a lot like a mink coat!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2002, 05:15 PM
Has netsnapshots.com stopped allowing us to post pictures? Peanut shows up as a little red x. :mad: I noticed that on a few other's posts and was wondering if I missed something while I was gone. This picture of Peanut was already there, that's why I used them. But I've started using imagestation for the bulk of the pictures now. Much easier program to deal with.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-17-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by tuxluvr
Oh, indeed! Peanut has the most FABULOUS tuxedo of all - it looks a lot like a mink coat!

Oh my!! :eek: I never looked at it like that. But yes, I can see it. :)

Sam's My Baby
05-17-2002, 05:49 PM
He is so pretty! I am glad you are taking care for the sweetie!:)

tuxluvr
05-17-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Has netsnapshots.com stopped allowing us to post pictures? Peanut shows up as a little red x. :mad: I noticed that on a few other's posts and was wondering if I missed something while I was gone. This picture of Peanut was already there, that's why I used them. But I've started using imagestation for the bulk of the pictures now. Much easier program to deal with.

t&p's mom - it appears that this has just started happening. yesterday my netsnapshot pics worked fine, in fact this morning they were fine and this afternoon they are all pooped out....so irritating.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 01:47 PM
I got an email from netsnapshots.com See the new thread I started in Other (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10950) I agree, so irritating. :mad:

moosmom
05-20-2002, 06:57 PM
Randi,

What a beautiful tuxedo boy he is! And very lucky to have you to care for him. I love tuxedo cats. Wish I had one. But, I'm way over my limit in a 2 bedroom apartment (7 cats). One day maybe!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by moosmom
But, I'm way over my limit in a 2 bedroom apartment (7 cats).

:eek: :eek: :eek: