PDA

View Full Version : Two broken hearts.

Sevaede
05-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Yesterday, Troy and I went to Petsmart (for a Critter Keeper which, conveniently, we left without. I did, however, manage to pick up a copy of Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. I just finished it a couple of hours ago.). I noticed that they were having a doggy adoption day! Of course I had to go look. Amongst a bunch of happy, wriggling pooches in cages licking the fingers of those who stuck them in, was one in particular that drew my attention. He was in one of the top cages at the very back. Under him was a black and white dane mix, next to him was a very beautiful bassett variety. I read his description but have since forgotten his name and mix. He is eight years old and look like he'd been to many adoption days. He had a grey muzzle and a wiry coat (which reminded me of a wire-haired terrier/doxie mix that I know) that was a pretty brown colour with some random black hairs. His description said he was eight years old. He was laying in the very back of his cage while staring at one of the sides. He noticed me looking at and walking towards him and then he started howling. As soon as I got up to him, he pressed his body against the door, lengthwise, and laid down as I petted him through the bars and he started to cry. In turn, I started to cry and told him that I am sorry for what he's having to go through and that I wished I could take him with me. I stayed with him for about twenty minutes and then I had to leave. He is such a sweet boy. There was a grandmother there who was talking about possibly adopting him (although it was very unlikely). I hope she did. :(

I did pet the two purebred pups they had and a gorgeous redtick girl. :)

ashleycat
05-28-2006, 10:57 PM
awww i almost cried reading this. I think I'm over emotional right now. Whats wrong with me?

shihtzulover850
05-29-2006, 09:33 AM
oh no. i would have begged and cryed and pleaded to take him home poor guy!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

Rachel
05-29-2006, 09:50 AM
. as I petted him through the bars and he started to cry. In turn, I started to cry and told him that I am sorry for what he's having to go through and that I wished I could take him with me.

This is an exact description of me when I go to pet adoption events. I get so upset and can't even speak by the time I leave with tears streaming down my face.

dab_20
05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
That is so heartbreaking. :( :( I hope someone adopted him!

zoomer
05-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Awwww that is really emotinol, that almost made me cry :(

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:09 PM
awww i almost cried reading this. I think I'm over emotional right now. Whats wrong with me?

Nothing, silly. :)

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
oh no. i would have begged and cryed and pleaded to take him home poor guy!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

I almost told hubby that I refused to leave without him but I mulled over our current situation and thought it better if he could go to a home without the drama and crap that we have to deal with here.

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:11 PM
This is an exact description of me when I go to pet adoption events. I get so upset and can't even speak by the time I leave with tears streaming down my face.

I feel so bad for all of them. I want the boy very badly (as well as the basset girl and redtick girl). :(

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:12 PM
That is so heartbreaking. :( :( I hope someone adopted him!

I really hope the grandmother rethought her decision and adopted him. :(

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:14 PM
Awwww that is really emotinol, that almost made me cry :(

What I wouldn't be able to do is go to an adoption event and actively look for a companion. How could I decide between all the hopeful faces? :(

Roxyluvsme13
05-29-2006, 11:42 PM
Aww, :(. I almost cried reading this, too. I hate seeing all the Senior dogs not getting adopted, because most people want puppies :(:(:(. I hope your grandma took him.