PDA

View Full Version : More little babies!!

dab_20
05-28-2006, 09:28 PM
We hatched a few eggs from our incubater. Good news and bad. None of the Manderin duck eggs hatched. :( They are extremely hard to hatch. We only got one turkey. He's sooo adorable! We've got a couple red golden and yellow golden pheasants. A few peafowl eggs hatched, too! :) And we got 3 silkies to hatch! They have to be the cutest little chicks ever! Hoping more will hatch, we haven't had much luck. Four incubators full of eggs, and we only got a few out of them. That's ok, there is always this summer and next spring!

btw, My dad has decided to have his own little pheasant farm thing and we will have peacocks and Manderin ducks, too. We already own silver pheasant and golden adults.

Toby's my baby
05-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Congrats!! I hope some more hatch, and you get some more luck on your side!

lute
05-28-2006, 09:57 PM
congrats on all the hatches!!! SILKIE BABIES!!! what colors?
PICS PICS PICS!!!

dab_20
05-28-2006, 09:58 PM
congrats on all the hatches!!! SILKIE BABIES!!! what colors?
PICS PICS PICS!!!

hehe they are white.

I will get pics when I go to my dad's this weekend.

lute
05-28-2006, 11:11 PM
hehe they are white.

I will get pics when I go to my dad's this weekend.
awwww!!!!! i miss my silkies! can't wait for pics! :D

Sevaede
05-28-2006, 11:30 PM
What kind of peafowl do you have? If you and your father plan on breeding ducks and peafowl then let me know! I am highly interested in the both of them. :)

dab_20
05-29-2006, 10:28 AM
What kind of peafowl do you have? If you and your father plan on breeding ducks and peafowl then let me know! I am highly interested in the both of them. :)

Well, I'm not sure I remember right, but they might be pied peafowl. We did breed domestic ducks but they all go to the neighbors pond and never come back. :rolleyes: If we ever do get manderin ducks, I will tell you. Where do you live? We don't ship them, so you would have to pick them up.

buttercup132
05-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Aww thats so cute!

I cant wait to see pictures ever since PT I've grown quite fond of chickens and well the chicks are just adorable anyways lol

(p.s get some new pictures of the bunnies and your pony too:D )

Sevaede
05-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Well, I'm not sure I remember right, but they might be pied peafowl. We did breed domestic ducks but they all go to the neighbors pond and never come back. :rolleyes: If we ever do get manderin ducks, I will tell you. Where do you live? We don't ship them, so you would have to pick them up.

My husband and I live in Louisiana. We are supposed to be visiting Minn. shortly (his dad is from there and he has family from there as do I. ) so picking a babe up wouldn't be a problem. :)

Pied peafowl: http://images.google.com/images?q=pied+peacock&ie=ISO-8859-1&hl=en

Suki Wingy
05-29-2006, 11:20 PM
breeding peafowl, that sounds awsome!

dab_20
05-30-2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks. :)

I haven't seen the baby peafowl yet, I would have to ask my dad what they are. They can't breed for a good couple of years until they are old enough, just to let you know.