PDA

View Full Version : Um, my bird has started to bite me...

WolvesRawk
05-28-2006, 04:07 PM
My bird, Birdie(creative name, isn't it?) has all the sudden started biting me when I put my hand near him. I've had him for over a year and he lets me hold him, pet him, and he rides on my head and shoulders, but recently he's been very tempermental. What should I do? I mean, I have no idea how to train a bird to be nice again...

Argranade
05-29-2006, 08:49 AM
Well birds can become like this for MANY reasons.

If a female may be trying to lay some eggs and will get very protective and try to bite or wing slap.Birds can change there moods so fast sometimes like Argranade my pigeons used to love me now all he does is mate with pigeon females and bites me lol.

So any way just try giving your bird some treats and speak in a low voice let the bird sit on your shoulder and gently try to pet it maybe try to find out the gender maybe it even wants a mate.

What type of bird is this?

Teags&Watty
06-01-2006, 10:10 PM
Birds can go thru adolesence. I have read that with Suns its around 2 years of age...so it is likely its being a bratty teenager. Be consistent and praise good behavior. Let them know who is boss without being agressive.
soft voices and stern looks...seriously... give them a dirty look and they react...something to do with how they react to each other in the wild... yelling or loud voices makes them think you are communicating-they like it. Dirty looks... i guess its like you just puffed up and attacked them ahhhaha.
good luck. :)