PDA

View Full Version : So you want to help a rescue !!! well...

flip195
05-28-2006, 10:48 AM
SO do I,

So here is why I want to raise $2000.
For aarrff and I this is an exciting venture, the growth of the rescue will save so many more lives, not just cats and dogs, but horses, llamas goats, & sheep also.

For me, I just do a little of the techy stuff and try to get the word out, Diana is the one who does all the work, besides working full time to support the animals.
The animals that come to aarrff get the best vetinerary care, and are fed a premium dog food, when they get to AARRFF their new life begins.

At aarrff the tendency is to lean towards the older and special needs cases, as they are the ones most in need, but if AARRFF has the space, no animal is turned away. The most recent successes can be seen on aarrffs webpage… each dog referred had been deemed un-adoptable and was waiting to die. Thanks to the efforts of Diana, these dogs have wonderful loving homes and are thriving instead of laying in a landfill somewhere.

I would invite everyone who reads this to visit the aarrff website and to spread the word far and wide.

You CAN be a positive part of this venture, simply by getting the word out and help aarrff grow, even if you can’t foster or adopt you can have a positive impact on an animal in need of rescue.

We have now had over 2,000 hits on our website (really more since we had to reset it once when it had almost 900 hits on it). If each person had GIVEN just $1 aarrffs plans would now be under way.

As previously mentioned AARRFF is currently in the PROCESS of filing for 501c3 so if you wanted to GIVE a GIFT to aarrff it would NOT be tax deductible.

Now if there are any lawyers out there reading this who would like to offer their skills pro bono to get the papers filed please contact Diana directly.

We already have a number of items for sale on our website. We are also putting together "doggy gift bags" which will be filled with B's... balls, bones (both rawhide and plush, squeaky toy bones), a magnetic bumper sticker (adopt a shelter dog), bubble maker (makes peanut butter scented bubbles that don't pop until the dog bites at it) and biscuits! Pretty clever, eh?

The money will be used to finish filing for the non-profit status and to convert the cathouse to an indoor dog kennel with a fenced play area behind it (between the outbuilding and the house)!

So do you want to see where your efforts on behalf of AARRFF will go?
Take a look.

Here is the picture of the back of the "cathouse" where the outdoor, fenced play area will be:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/aarrff/shed.jpg

A picture from the inside looking to the back wall:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/aarrff/backwall.jpg

And here is a picture that gives you an idea of the size of this building, from inside (again looking at the back wall):
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e230/aarrff/size.jpg

The fence (with 6 foot chain link) from the corners of the back of the cathouse up to my current yard-fence with a gate, of course. The measurements will be 42 foot length (from the building to my current fence, and 72 foot in length (along my current fence). Then clear out the cathouse of the furniture and beds and install dog run panels. Each one being 10 foot long and 10 foot wide. We already have enough panels (once Dynamo and Pepper get adopted and vacate the current, new outdoor dog run) to build 4 of those runs (with the addition of one 10 x 10 gate panel). We Figure we will have room for at least 5 or 6 runs in total. Then there will need to be openings cut in the back wall, with lockable covers, to allow access to the outdoor fenced play area! Work will have to be done on heat and AC provisions for the building. As you can see the ceiling is quite high and there are openings to the outdoors on the top of each end, between the tops of the end walls and the ceiling. Work on lowering a ceiling over the dog runs and maybe do some insulation will also need to be done.
Now do you want to be part of this exciting venture? If so spread the word!!!!