PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Need help desperately

Miss Z
05-27-2006, 06:23 PM
OMG I am still shaking. Zsa-Zsa just fell down the stairs. Just a few minutes ago, Zsa-Zsa came upstairs to see me like she usually does, She came to my room for a bit then wandered out into the hallway. We have a banister with gaps in, and my room is just next to the part of this banister where it's a sheer drop from first to ground floor. She was just walking around, and then, she fell. Right through one of the gaps. I didn't even know she could fit through them, she just went. I saw it happen out the corner of my eye, almost in slow motion, I heard Zsa-Zsa mew in surprise and I screamed.

I rushed to the top of the stairs and saw her on the floor, my heart stopped as I thought she was dead. I ran down, and miraculously, she got to her feet, very shakily. I ran down to her half-crying, but I didn't know whether she'd broken any bones. She began to walk a bit, and I checked her everywhere, and she seems to be OK, that is just a miracle. She must have fallen about 3-4m, and being blind she would not have landed feet first. And you know, I hugged her so much, and she PURRED. That's how brave my beautiful cat is.

But I am still extremely worried and scared. Please, please, does anyone know what I should do? My parents are out, it's gone midnight over here and I'm all on my own. I feel absolutely terrible. Is there anything I should be doing? I'm not letting her out of my sight, and I'm not letting her sleep in case she has concussion. As soon as my parents get home and telling them straight away. She appears fine but I feel like I'm gonna wretch I'm so worried. Please, if you have any advice, please, please help Zsa-Zsa and I, I am in a state of desperation here.

jenluckenbach
05-27-2006, 06:29 PM
Is there an emergency (24 hour) vet you could call. Ask for advice and how to tell if she is OK. Explain that you cannot come in immediately because you parents are not home but need to know what to do in the meanwhile. Hopefully they will help.
Also, did your parents leave an emergency phone number where you can call them? She may NEED a vet. I mean, she sounds OK, but I would worry.

catmandu
05-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Keep An Eye On Her, And See If Shes Groggy Or Seeme Unsteady.
Dont Panic If You Can As That Wont Help.
Shes All Right, As Long As She Didnt Bang Herself On Something Hard Or Sharp.
Cats Are Very Resilient.
Please Keep Us In Touch.

Alysser
05-27-2006, 06:35 PM
Zara, I can't believe this. I'm almost crying as I read this. I couldn't believe your PM and I rushed to cat general. I feel so useless not being to help. I don't know much about cats, but, I would listen to everything told to you. Call your parents immediatly and see whta they say and supervise her.

Miss Z
05-27-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't know if she banged her head or not. I heard a thump as she hit the ground but I don't think she hit the banister. She is not shaky, but she seems a bit sleepy, that's why I fear concussion. I'm trying my hardest not to panic but I just cannot stop shaking.

jenluckenbach, I am going to get the yellow pages to see if there's a number I can phone. I hope my parents get back soon. I do not have a number to call as my mobile is dead and that is where my dad's mobile number is stored.

Alysser
05-27-2006, 06:39 PM
I don't know if she banged her head or not. I heard a thump as she hit the ground but I don't think she hit the banister. She is not shaky, but she seems a bit sleepy, that's why I fear concussion. I'm trying my hardest not to panic but I just cannot stop shaking.

jenluckenbach, I am going to get the yellow pages to see if there's a number I can phone. I hope my parents get back soon. I do not have a number to call as my mobile is dead and that is where my dad's mobile number is stored.

Charge it. Even if it has the littlest power when you do, look at your fathers number and call him.

Miss Z
05-27-2006, 06:49 PM
My parents are on their way home.

Miss Z
05-28-2006, 04:26 AM
Zsa-Zsa has just been to the vets this morning. My parents had a look at her last night, and decided she was OK so they said we'd take her today. The vet had a look at her and she's got no broken bones, barely even bruises luckily. It was also the chance to get her eye looked at (see cat health for full story on that). The vet confirmed that she thought she'd just had a bump. She also thought that Zsa-Zsa probably has high blood pressure and that could have caused a blood vessel to burst in the eye, but there isn't really any blood in her eye, it's just red. Anyway, she's had some drops for that. I'm just so glad that she's none the worse after her fall. Thankyou everyone for helping.

ChrisH
05-28-2006, 05:00 AM
Oh, Zara, {{hugs}} that was so scary!! Thank God she is ok. Kisses and hugs to you both.

jenluckenbach
05-28-2006, 05:02 AM
I am glad everything worked out.

Miss Z
05-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Thanks everyone. :)

catmandu
05-28-2006, 06:04 PM
Three Cheers That Zsa-zsa Is All Right.