PDA

View Full Version : Ooodles of stray cats :( :( :(

Cookiebaker
05-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that someone dumped a bunch of stray cats near our house this past week. All of a sudden, seemingly out of nowhere, we have at least 6 stray cats in our yard, and surrounding woods. :( They are up on our porch, under our cars, sleeping in the dog house etc. They are all pretty wild, I can't get within 10 feet of them without them taking off running. There is a long haired semi-tortoise; a solid black; a gray; a tuxedo; and a couple of stripey tabbys.

Mark does NOT want me to put food out, and we can't afford to try and catch them to take them to the vet. Do I call the HS? Do I ignore them?? My heart is breaking for them thinking they don't have a place to call a home but we certainly can't home them. What do I do?

catmandu
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Is There A No Kill Shelter Near You.
And In Most Places You Have To Trap Those Cats Before Anyone Will Pick Them Up.
I Hope That You Can Do Something To Help Them.
There Was A Creep In Burlington Who Was Taking Money For Rehoming Cats.
He Just Left Them In The Wild.
Poor Cats.

jenluckenbach
05-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Call the HS. It may not be the BEST option, but it is better than life on the dangerous street.

Of course you can TRY the no-kill rescues in your area, but I doubt they will be breaking down your door to come and get them. Everyone has their hands full, I am sure. :( :(

Good luck to them.