PDA

View Full Version : Horse Show *UPDATE..pics added*

HollandLoppy89
05-27-2006, 03:13 PM
It was my first show with P.J., as well as his first show ever. He did absolutely fantastic, especially since he is definitely very green broken. As I have said, he used to be abused and all the people and clapping made him a little nervous, but he did wonderful. I can't say this enough!
He had trouble with his circles, but as I managed to control him much better than any of the other girls would have. The others tended to be timid and scared and all of them had tried to ride Pride & Joy, but were too afraid to get on him again. He is very powerful, but I have so much patience with him. He did an excellent job and I am so lucky to have him. He is too much fun. The judges were so great. They explained to me that I shouldn't get frustrated with him because I had so much skill to go along with him and the other girls had been to uncountable shows with the same horses that they expected them to know what to do and do it right. The judges gave me points for how I handeled him and how I handeled him so well.
To say the least, I had to work hard. I am so pleased with him. I can't tell you how many people came up to me and asked me what type of horse he was. He is definitely a beautiful boy!! (By the way, he is a Haflinger/QH mix). He has so much muscle on him! He has only been ride-able for less than a year, and he has taught me so much and I have taught him so much. I'm pooped out! Anyway, you're probably wondering what my ribbons were and how I placed.
Two first place
Five third place
High Point
http://i4.tinypic.com/10zntpe.jpg
http://i4.tinypic.com/10znv4h.jpg

Miss Z
05-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Those results speak for themselves, and you had such a great time too. I'm glad you and PJ enjoyed the day!:D

lute
05-27-2006, 05:44 PM
Wow!!!! Congrats!!! That's Great!!!! :d

crazy_caique
05-27-2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats!!!!

Toby's my baby
05-27-2006, 10:14 PM
Congrats!! Keep up the good work, and I bet you can turn those third places into Firsts!!! :D ...no pictures..?? ;)

Suki Wingy
05-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Congrats! :D